Master and Servant 2D Entry: Corey Loving

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #61
Interesting composition, and far more interesting and dynamic than your first one. I think the girl should be running across the palm of the hand rather than the finger though, somehow it doesn't look very natural this way- plus it'd look better if she was trying to reach farther up. The other guy (what ever he is) looks good on the thumb though.

Old 03 March 2005   #62
i like the new design alot more. will be watching out for more.

best of luck.

Old 03 March 2005   #63
I think your previous compositions were better than this latest one. Her neck and hands did need attention but the way you framed your previous concept there was no question as to what was happening.

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Roy Batty, replicant.

Old 03 March 2005   #64
I like the compositions with the good/evil characters and the person reaching out to the good. I think handling this concept properly could create an very powerful dynamic. Keep up the good work!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 03 March 2005   #65
Wow, great progress CoreyArtE!! Love the new composition. Very dynamic and action oriented.

I personally like the hand in the foreground.... or at least the idea of something framing the subject matter. It creates a nice curve and helps the viewers attention flow from angel to slave to deamon. Great work so far... keep em comin!

Old 03 March 2005   #66
Concept Sketch: Enslaved Sin Concept

Ok all, this is yet again another angle...Same concept ofcourse but just different perspective. Ok so how is this one?

Old 03 March 2005   #67
wow man

great work your doing so far

really liked this last angle u sketched up
captured the emotion of the fairy

good luck

Old 03 March 2005   #68
I think this is better than the last one. It's more expressive and dynamic. I don't think you need that hand on the foreground. It's better without it, i think, because you're involving the viewer or the viewer is part of the scene. Can't wait to see your color pallete on this peice.

Goodluck,
Archie

Old 03 March 2005   #69
After looking at all of them. I prefer this one the most. Not to crazy about the left hand. Just a rough, but could use a more dramatic gesture. It might help to push the group higher in the image. I agree centered wouldn't be good, but currently they look a little too pushed off the page.

Old 03 March 2005   #70
Coloring WIP: Enslaved to Sin WIP

Just starting coloring the background alittle abit and blocking in colors. I'm still not sure if I'll stick with this one or not...Hmmm...

Old 03 March 2005   #71
Coloring WIP: Enslaved to Sin WIP

Ok, so I used same composition just altered it abit...made the picture longer horizontally so the warrioir angel can be seen alot more. I really like this composition alot more. I think this might be my final composition! I'd like to know what you guys think!

Old 03 March 2005   #72
Hmm, actually, after looking at it from the thread...It looks less dynamic...Maybe I should crop it alittle...I think the girl might be too far off to the right...Hmmm

Old 03 March 2005   #73
Yup! This could be the one. Great pic with loads of energy, expression and dynamism... if anything perhaps take a bit off the left, so it balances a bit better. Cool sketch as well!!

Old 03 March 2005   #74
Yeah I'll probabaly cut it off on the left and add more to the top so thats its more verticle instead.

Old 03 March 2005   #75
This is looking good!! Best composition so far!

I'd just chop a little from the left...

It's got much more emotion with the girl facing the camera and the outstretched hands work really well.

Good work, fella.

Thread Closed share thread