Master and Servant 2D Entry: Corey Loving

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Runing Away Concept

Ok guy and gals, this is another concept. I want to convey the emotion of the slave more...I think this does it much better...but I do wish I could add the warrior angel back in :( ...Oh well I'm sure There is a way...or is this concept better?

03 March 2005
i have two problems with this one.

ONE: NO ANGEL?!?!?!?..........HE WILL LOOK LIKE A SISSY FLYING IN THE BACK!!!

TWO: i've never been a fan of these full on shots,dynamic angles,dynamic angles!!!

but its an excellent illustration none the less.

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by NOOB!: i have two problems with this one.

ONE: NO ANGEL?!?!?!?..........HE WILL LOOK LIKE A SISSY FLYING IN THE BACK!!!

TWO: i've never been a fan of these full on shots,dynamic angles,dynamic angles!!!

but its an excellent illustration none the less.

darn you ! LOL, I was sad to see the angel go too but it's hard trying to think of a composition with both the angel warrior and the demon orc all in the same picture. It would see the best way to do that is by going horizontal, but the horizontal picture I allready made was too boring ...the angle and the emotion of the characters wasn't very award wining. I dont know what to do!

03 March 2005
i liked the concept b4 with the angel but i just wanted to see it at a more dynamic angle,like from above...or semi above,or mid view,i dunno,just not a flat angle.

its up 2 u in the end i guess.

03 March 2005
Originally Posted by NOOB!: i liked the concept b4 with the angel but i just wanted to see it at a more dynamic angle,like from above...or semi above,or mid view,i dunno,just not a flat angle.

its up 2 u in the end i guess.

Nah you have a good point, I'll figure out a better concept to add with the angel back in. Maybe I'll just rotate the angle of the horizontal picture. BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD! TABLET...MONITOR....Yeah....

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Enslaved to Sin Concept

Ok, so heres the same exact idea from my 3rd concept with the warrior angel, but just at a different angle...I think its more dynamic..so what do you guys think of this composition?

Last edited by CoreyArtE : 03 March 2005 at 07:47 AM.

03 March 2005
Yup, this is an excellent angle of view, and sooo much more dynamic ( for a dynamic story) than the previous one. Buuut.. I can't make up my mind if I prefer this one or the one the1st_angel said was more powerful. In the end the posing in this version is excellent, so probably this one.... gee, I'm wibbling a bit...

03 March 2005
Hey... i'm with Posh on this one...

The composition is MUCH more dynamic... an excellent update. And i really like the qualities of the sketching. But...(sorry)... it lacks some of the emotion because both the important figures are facing away from the camera (the girl and the demon). Maybe it'd be worth trying a very similar image but from behind the warrior angel...? I think the face of the girl could be very important to the image... Or maybe not... but it could be worth doing a rough to try it...?

Oh... i dunno...

03 March 2005
Poshspice: Thx alot, was alot of work, but I like this compostion alot more too. I personaly dislike the one the 1st_angel said was more powerful. it just seems too flat to me...But hey I'm glad you like

duddlebug: Thx for the compliment., but yeah you make a good point...I suppose it does lack emotion from the back...but then again emotion can be shown in more ways than just the face. The entire body can show emotion if done right...I think....lol...but I actually did try this same picture from the front with the angel in the forground and the girl reaching up towards the viewer...I got really frustrated because it wasnt turning out the way I wanted it to...I'll try again and see if I can pull it off. Thanks for the critique!

Actually I'm starting to think that this composition is too cluttered...Too much random lines all over the place...And the figures are so small...Darn...I hate composition ! Will it ever end !?! Back to the drawing board. Thanks again for the crits guys

Last edited by CoreyArtE : 03 March 2005 at 08:28 AM.

03 March 2005
now thats what i'm talking bout!!!

excellent continue continue.

CONTINUE!!

the only problem i see now is..nothing.

03 March 2005
Coloring WIP: Enslaved to Sin WIP

Ok colored the picture alittle, mainly just the background...It's making progress... :)

03 March 2005
*faints*

*dreams about how good the pic is*

03 March 2005
Quote: but then again emotion can be shown in more ways than just the face. The entire body can show emotion if done right

i think you're right... go for it!!

There's always the angel's face...

03 March 2005
oh crap forgot to save the picture with the forground layer on..LOL....oh well...

03 March 2005
Hey CoreyArtE, powerful stuff indeed. I looked at this thread because I liked the angle and dynamics of your latest pic, great composition, action and lighting. I find myself wondering if you are really exploring the theme of Master and Servant though. I do feel a slave is quite different in that there is no choice about their situation. A servant works for a master because they choose to... and I wonder if this will affect how you see your entry? Something to consider perhaps.

Steampunk - my entry

Thread Closed share thread