Master and Servant 2D Entry: Goro Fujita

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
thnx for your feedback guys! I'll do some update today.

Dancin'mochi Yes I was thinking about that...buts It's not clear enough.
I'll have to draw it more obvious. Maybe I'll do a version for it too.

thnx guys!

cheers!
Goro

WWW: AREA-56
BLOG: Chapter 56
SHOP: Prints

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: The Hunt

OK here is a little update. I wanted to make the relationship between the characters in the image more clear. I added a deer fleeing from the two hunters. I also edited the poses of the Human and the troll. The troll is still looking after the rabbit. That makes him a bit dump and he is kind of...more like a servant :)
I added also some reins to the troll and the master is trying to aim to hit the prey and pull the troll into the right direction at the same time.

I'm kind of satisfied with the result now. I think I'll go with this one.

what do you guys think?

04 April 2005
very cool goro ...stick to it

now that u have the main target, the rabbits function is clearer and its a very good composition imho

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
i hate it cos i'm a jelous fool!!

04 April 2005
I really like this one, and think it's your best concept yet.

Just maybe make the deer in the foreground a little smaller - my eyes seems to be drawn to it a bit too much.

Great idea though, looking forward to your progress

04 April 2005
This one's the most dynamic I think! I like it a lot. Good depth and action in it. Also very balanced.

But there are a lot of these going around, someone controlling a beast or other person/robot. If you want to distinguish yourself you'd have to give it more of a twist maybe. Dunno though, whatever catches your eye.
modelling practice #1

04 April 2005
Hey Goro, I dunno, but I still like the dragon pic best.
But if you stick with this, I would loose the deers in the background or at least make them look startled. I can't help but thinking that the humanfigure on the back of the troll is too small. I think it has got something to do with the perspective and the deers in the background. The deers look huge compared to the human. Yeah, I know it's a sketch (you should see my thumnails...
I would also try to find the right momentum of the action and movements, maybe exaggerate the poses some more.
Still it's a dynamic pic, I like it, and I know you can make it good.

04 April 2005
thnx for your comments! Nemein I think the size is ok...cause if I make the deer smaller it breaks the composition. But I'll think I can cover it with the lighting.

Art2 I feel a lot better on this pic. I was too unsure about the dragon pic.
Yes you're right about the deers in the BG I'll change them. Think the bunny is also a bit
too big. I'll work on that today!

Thnx for your feedback guys!

04 April 2005
Hi Goro, nice idea!
some quick feedback: I miss some tension in the relationship between the two figures, at least - I don't register it in the sketch... looks like the servant is happy to go out for a jog with his master right now, and I think the constellation would be stronger if you suggested more tension between the figures. Also, the rider looks quite able to hunt without his servant 'mount' so there's no real dependency there, either. If he wern't so able, he'd be more reliant upon his servant... more relationship, more tension...

Whatcha think?

drip.de

04 April 2005
Smile Hello

I saw the FAQ ,one of the master or the servant need to be a human, you better to take a look, Good Luck.

04 April 2005
Talking

cool sketch pal, look forward to ur colour progress

goodlux!

TorA

DECIDE!!

04 April 2005
i think bunny as well as deer are good.... but i agree with art2 about the size of the hunter...

u could make the deer in the bg a bit smaller ...and the hunter maybe a little bit bigger ( just about 25% )

Sketchbook

04 April 2005
Line Art: The Hunt

Ok Lineart is finished.
Thnx for you suggestions guys. I made some changes. I made the deers in the BG smaller and let them take part on the action. They are looking towards the action now. I also scaled the human a bit. And scaled down the rabbit. Now the size relations are better. Thnx for feedback!

04 April 2005
Hi David glad your stopping by! Thnx for your crits I can see what you mean.
I already finished the lineart but maybe I could do some changes while coloring.
I'll see what I can do...

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: The Hunt

Some quick coloring blockings. This was the color sheme in my head.
Maybe I should bring the master mor in the light. And still not sure about the trolls skincolor....have to experiment a bit more.

Thread Closed share thread