Master and Servant 2D Entry: Goro Fujita

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #31
Concept Sketch: Dragon Evocator

Ok here is another concept I had in my head. The composition lags I thing. The dragon should be lifted a bit.

Tell me what you think.
More to come...

WWW: AREA-56
BLOG: Chapter 56
SHOP: Prints

Old 03 March 2005   #32
sympathic sketche man^^

can't wait to see more...
BTW the dragon and the style of the scene can be much more better...
try to mprove this

My Journey Begins Challenge Thread:
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=328222

Old 03 March 2005   #33
looks amazing man!!

Old 03 March 2005   #34
very good "japanese concept", i wait the next pic

Old 03 March 2005   #35
I agree with MN, it reminds me of 'Spirited away'. I really like the concept but I agree with you, the dragon's pose could be changed somewhat. Maybe have his back arching over to the right hand side, to balance out the water sprays on the bottom left. Good stuff so far! The DSG guys are doing us proud here

Old 03 March 2005   #36
Hey there Goro! I like this last sketch. You could get a very nice dramatic artwork if you decide to develop it.

Old 03 March 2005   #37
wow, the concept skecth from your last update its tremendous!!! got loads of power, you should go for it...

Old 03 March 2005   #38
Like you said the Dragon could be a little higher. I personnally think that it has the two coils too close together. It just looks weird.

Should be interesting though, if you decide to use this idea. I wonder what you'll come up with next.
modelling practice #1

Old 03 March 2005   #39
Hi, Goro!

Love your dragon idea, but I would have the dragon's body somehow waving behind the man instead of just coiling above him - make it more "random", I guess.

Good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #40
Smile

*Lung Dragon fan*

I like the idea. Make the dragon's head a bit smaller and the end of the body thinner. Maybe enlarging the format and playing more with the "negative space". If this ends up as a huge piece please post close up of the human's face!

Old 03 March 2005   #41
Originally Posted by Goro: thnx for your feedback guys do you think it's believable that the girl is a flying human?
Just thinking of another concept. Finding ideas is not so easy...

Not sure if you're still considering this concept, but I was pretty sure the human character had to be strictly homo sapien. What if the robot had designed an apparatus that allowed his human scout to fly?

As for the dragon concept, it's also got potential. I like the crashing waves. It might be more dramatic if the picture had a vertical orientation and the dragon were soaring upward. Was the dragon conjured from thin air or has the wizard tamed a live dragon?

Old 03 March 2005   #42
i read from somewhere that real dragons are no less than 8 miles
long and that they have no thinckness

and yea it would probably look better if you lifted the dragon a bit

Old 03 March 2005   #43
I agree about the composition thing, seems like good concept this far though. Maybe you could try to change the camera angle a bit or something to fix the composition? Go for more depth, too.

Keep working!

Old 03 March 2005   #44
at least he isn't a chick : D
joking aside, I'd think the WOAH impact of something like this would be better conveyed if the camera was placed really low, just infront of the guy, looking up. all dramaticlike. Water all aroung, the dragon high up in the air, the japanese guy with his arms up, yelling something amusingly anime : D

Old 03 March 2005   #45
Cool Sketch Goro! I hope you develop it to be your final artwork. Keep going!

Aloha

Thread Closed share thread