Master and Servant 2D Entry: veerapatra jinanavin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 2D Entry: veerapatra jinanavin

veerapatra jinanavin has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Naree Pho

this is my final image.
My concept.
titled “Naree Phol” is a representation of traditional Thai mythology. My original intention was to preserve the mythological values as much as possible, but to keep up with the theme of this entry I had to change it quite a bit to portray Master & Servant. I have modified the design and also changed certain historical values, but I have still kept the mythology alive in the design. My concept here is that the man was an evil character, now though with the divine intervention of Goddess Naree Phol he has turned not only into an honest person but also he serves as her protector.

This is my first time to participate CG Challenge. It have been fun. Next challenge I will join again for sure
Thanks you everyone for the really nice words and the support :)

Old 03 March 2005   #2
good luck!

its challenge time!!

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Concept Sketch: rough sketching

hi ... everybody

this is my first time to participate CG Challenge. two ideas for Master and Servant that i am interested are, first, this picture here inspired me in term of adventure and creature in imaginational world. this picture was designed by Lucas Film - StarWars

Old 03 March 2005   #4
looking awsome!

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Concept Sketch: rough sketching

second, i would like to present the transition of traditional thai aesthetic which is shown in this picture. the design of character demonstrates thai costume and myth. right now i am working on the design of creature and story.

Old 03 March 2005   #6
luv the detail in the costume! excellent!!!

Old 03 March 2005   #7
Smile

NOOB : thank you for nice words

Old 03 March 2005   #8
sawasdee krub kun keko!
glad to see you here! and your sketch is very great! and yes , I like woman in thai costume so much! maybe u can change dragon into thai mythology animal , ex, krut , phaya nark , etc , in stylize form krub, good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #9
Thank you very much krub kun Monsitj
you're right krub. I will change the dragon into thai mythology animal or maybe I try to create other thai mythology creature.

Old 03 March 2005   #10
Nice work so far! The latest sketches with the woman are beautiful. Of the two layouts, I think I prefer the top right one a little more: The bottom one (though both, to some extent) read as "Master and Pet" more than "Master and Servant." Perhaps pushing the intelligence of the creature somehow could help some... But I know you're still working on the creature, so I probably shouldn't comment. Anyhow, best of luck with it. I can't wait to see more!

-mike

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Thumbs up

When I think about an identity of Thai.

Not only mythology but every thing I see in my town, my country, my culture. OH~ It's very delicate.

Especially Lai-Ka-Nok wherever if it's appea. That's mean to point to Thai very well.

But I can't create them to show the people.

....Not you...Keko...

#I 'm weak Eng. -*-

Old 03 March 2005   #12

Not only mythology but every things I see in my town, my country, my culture. OH~ It's very delicate.

Especially Lai-Ka-Nok wherever if it's appea. That's mean to point to Thai very well.

....Not you...Keko...

#I 'm weak Eng. -*-

Old 03 March 2005   #13
Thumbs up

Not only mythology but every things I see in my town, my country, my culture. OH~ It's very delicate.Especially Lai-Ka-Nok wherever if it's appear. That's mean to point to Thai very well.
....Not you...Keko...
#I 'm weak Eng. -*-

Last edited by soluwan : 03 March 2005 at 04:58 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #14
Good to see another Thai People on this challenge again!!
Really love your strokes, though...it's quick and clean and clearly description....

Just only one thing that annoying is about the face and costume that look so familiar to the "Suriyothai" a Thai Film since few years ago? Why don't you try to put more adaptation on it and make it more better but still be Thai, may be it would another nicer way...

BTW, your story and overview is interesting...really

Old 03 March 2005   #15
nice sketches and style..i think i like the second concept better and the thumbnail compositon looks solid in both..good luck to you

Thread Closed share thread