Master and Servant 2D Entry: Young-Min Yoon

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #16
Coloring WIP: The Servant

This is the color WIP of my Servant illustration. I got most of the monster and the princess completed, but need to work on the rest... I welcome any comments. Thanks.

Old 05 May 2005   #17
Final Coloring: The Servant

This is the final coloring of my Master and Servant entry. Let me know what you guys think...

Old 05 May 2005   #18
Final Image: The Servant

Here's my final image in a slightly bigger size. I uploaded the final tiff image by Fetch program in FTP. I hope it uploaded...

In this illustration I wanted to depict the theme "Master and Servant" by having the Korean princess as the master, and the ugly monster as the servant of the princess.

I'll explain briefly what I had in mind, while creating this illustration...

War has begun in Korea, and the princess needs to retreat to a safer place. One of her loyal servant, who is a monster with incredible power carries the princess to a safer place. To keep the young princess feel safe, the monster servant also straps the castle on his back and moves it to a new location.

That's all I'm depicting in this illustration. I wanted to capture the enormous strength the servant monster has, but because he is of a lower class, he is happily obeying his duties as a servant. I implied the status in the illustration, by the use of bright vibrant colors for the royal status and neutral earth toned colors of the clothing for the lower servant status. Also, the mask that the hedious looking monster has on, is actually a traditional korean mask representing a servant.

I later decided to make the trees with just the branches, to give a mysterious feel to the illustration.

Well, I'll stop explaining. Pictures worth a thousand words, so I think people can come up with their own ideas with this image. Anyway, I hope you enjoy viewing it... :)

Old 05 May 2005   #19
Hey there

Interesting piece of art.
Best wishes.

Old 07 July 2005   #20
Originally Posted by kuzgunoglu: Interesting piece of art.
Best wishes.

Thanks kuzgunoglu.

It was fun participating on the challenge. Congratulations to all the winners!

I look forward to entering the next one.

Young

Old 07 July 2005   #21
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread