Master and Servant 2D Entry: tariq raheem

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #61
sah-weet clouds man,ah the joy of working at hi-res.

Old 04 April 2005   #62
Excellent stuff that you have going on. I hope you don't take out the cat since it's an original take on the whole master/slave concept. I think the cat is the strongest idea out of all of them. Your backgrounds are amazing and your attention to detail is inspiring.

Old 04 April 2005   #63
Coloring WIP: eternal servitude

Hi all, here is a WIP of the slaver and his slave. I wanted to do some stuff on the characters as I was going stir crazy doing the landscape. This is probably 50% done.
i'll probably do a bit more on the slaver before i put it into the main pic and start putting in the drop shadows and grading the colour.
T.

Old 04 April 2005   #64
wow a massive image and heaps to look at, will be waiting for more.

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

Old 04 April 2005   #65
This is a little general, so before I say anything, I'll apologize for that

From looking at al your wip images, I'm concerned your concept is slightly too busy, I mean you have the master woman, the slave seller, and the two women in the foreground all in the same regeon in your painting. Perhaps consider spreading them out or something? just my 2 cents.

Old 04 April 2005   #66
Originally Posted by steffenoid: This is a little general, so before I say anything, I'll apologize for that

From looking at al your wip images, I'm concerned your concept is slightly too busy, I mean you have the master woman, the slave seller, and the two women in the foreground all in the same regeon in your painting. Perhaps consider spreading them out or something? just my 2 cents.

I have to say he got a point there. Be careful with your composition!
Overall very nice image so far

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

Old 04 April 2005   #67
Hi guys,
thanks for your concern about the composition. Yeah i've really put some effort into how i set up the characters and the lighting of the finished piece and I am confident (fingers crossed) that I can have a final image that is in my head. I know it is pretty hard to convey this right now but as I progress I hope the piece will really come to life.
Thanx for the crits though and do keep reminding me of it, so that I don't fall off my game.

Cheers,
T.

Old 04 April 2005   #68
i just got from ur site... U R A COMIC FREAK YAAAAY i am too. i m working on a graphic novel which ill send to image comics, i might post a page here for u to see, did u get any response from the companies? i sent some witchblade pages atwo years ago to top cow and wanted to post some hulk for marvel... too lazy i guess , here are links to those workshttp://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=215508 witchblade
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=215303 hulk
love ur work man!!!

Old 04 April 2005   #69
Hey Tariq! Congratulations on the front page the other day... twice! BTW, the hair on 'White Queen' is fab! I'm going for something like that on 'Kitty'...

Watch the hand on the girl in this update. It's looking a bit awkward... otherwise, can't wait to see a bigger shot!

Old 04 April 2005   #70
hey Aly, Thanks mate . Yeah i couldn't believe I got two on the front page. Also thanks for the heads up on the girl's arm. It's been bugging me too, so I've moved on to do other stuff and come back to it with a fresh look.
Cheers,
T.

Old 04 April 2005   #71
a lil colouring tip, add a streak of more saturated lo opacity red on the zone where the light and shadows meet, it will simulate the so called sub sirface scattering and liven up the skin shading and the characters themselves

Old 04 April 2005   #72
COOL ! Thanx Neb, i'm gonna try it out.

T.

Old 04 April 2005   #73
Coloring WIP: Eternal servitude

Hi All, here is the WIP of the two slave girls in the foreground. I think I might now transfer this into my main piece, so i can grade it into the environment.
T.

Old 04 April 2005   #74
great job so far but try to work on the ribs of the slave on the right...
they look kind of unnatural

Old 04 April 2005   #75
excelllent work man, great expression on the blondes face

Thread Closed share thread