Master and Servant 2D Entry: Bryce

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Currently I think you're colour choices are to drab. The image is very flat because of this. I do the same thing all the time. you should split you're comp up into 3 parts. Back, mid and foreground. I'd either make the foreground the darkest, keeping the mid lighter and the background lighter. Or mix it up. But thinking like that should add more depth to it. I have the same tendency when I work to flatten everything too.

04 April 2005
Yeah colors are kind of booty. I will try to fix them. I just show my teacher wassup so he gave me a few hints to give the image depth because I want the focus to be on the monolith. He suggested that I either blur out stuff in forground or in the background. I probably going to tighten up the clouds some more to give that depth and work on the monolith.

04 April 2005
Hiya come over to see what you are up to, Nice idea will be back to check on updates

I create therefore I am....

MY WEBSITE

EON Challenge
GOON WORLD Project
SERVICEBAY12

04 April 2005
Coloring WIP: deity

I did some work last night just trying to set the mood and go back and fix some things. It's starting to look better. I still haven't worked some of the errors out, though.

04 April 2005
Talking

the composition is good, and the colours are great!

drawing is like crack...I CAN'T STOP DOING IT!!! - I AGREE!

04 April 2005
LOOK UP IN THE SKY , its a bird, its a plane, no its... LOOKING GREAT SO FAR

04 April 2005
thanx for the comments guys. right now I trying work on giving the illusion of scale.

04 April 2005
I want to get a nice texture on the monolith. Can anyone give me any tips, anyone?

04 April 2005
I would think a light tone to set off the mood for the monolith itself....it could contrast real well with the sky......I like the compo angle and the drama.....

04 April 2005
Lightbulb

Hi beelow

Great point of view

quote : I want to get a nice texture on the monolith
Remember the black monolith in 2001 Space Odissey : it has no reflection, no texture but it's very impressive. If you want to focus on the deity on the top of the monolith, maybe you must concentrate on the deity itself ?

About the depth, Gamoron is right : it's easier to work when you've split the space in 3 parts.

Keep going on

Cheers

Snail

04 April 2005
thanks spacenail and Virtuoso I will take your suggestion into account lets see what I can do tonight.

04 April 2005
Cool

Hi mate, just came to watch your progress and wish you fun and best luck. for the all over composition, it would help to get more power into your work to tone down the all over light. and then, the swirl comes much more to effect. for the monolyth, make yourself clear about the material and its source. is it ancient, made of old stones. is it alien and made of an unknown material. to have a more dramatic lightsetup, think of a thunderstorm, the light it has before the thunder rolls. dark, pushing, electric. very hard highlights, a greeneish yellow that hurts the eye dark clouds are crowding the sky and are making a surreal ballet of a lava bleeding skydome... to help depht, try think of how athmosphere will be, decent fog and soften contrasts help the illusion of making distance. the distant colors could be a little deaturated or... tinted in the athmosphere you choose. i see a strong backlight trowing hard highlights and a dark mystic tower. and worshipers in extasy, for their prophecy fulfills...
keep on going. looking forward to your progress Bryce, keep it up!

04 April 2005
Suggesting temple texture...

Originally Posted by beelow: I want to get a nice texture on the monolith. Can anyone give me any tips, anyone?

Like an indian god or cambodigian (sorruyi fur spielling.Me no good at it.Angelina you must work a little more for that country...Anybody seen my baby?...) temple texture should right fit in it. I think you should add some forest maybe near the temple?

Best Luck...

Kaleith*TheFallen...

04 April 2005
Bryce,

If you want the tower to feel larger and more far away, try to decrease the contrast between it and the sky. That way it will read better in the distance. Take a look at the mountains that surround the school. Look at how the shadows in the distance don't read as black but rather as a gray.

If you lighten the tower, decrease the contrast and saturation, it will have the qualities you're looking for.

04 April 2005
Talking

are u working in photoshop? if yes then u should try using, and mixing up some of those texture brushes, i have started using them recently..but i still need some time to learn more of them. i think nebezial is able to help u. i sent him a post, and he gave me suggestions for my work.

Thread Closed share thread