Master and Servant 2D Entry: Bryce

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 2D Entry: Bryce

Bryce has entered the Master and Servant 2D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Coloring: diety

Here is the latest. I just have to finish coloring and do some minor adjustments to the contrast.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
I will have some stuff up by tomorrow. Let me lay some concepts tonight. good luck to everyone.

Old 03 March 2005   #3
cool,i'll check back tommoraz

Old 03 March 2005   #4
Concept Sketch: Random Ideas

Here are the sketches that I have done last night. They are real loose. I want some insight on which one I should do.

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Let me explain some the concepts I have laid:

Top left:

I thought it would be cool to do a rat wrangler type guy who is leading an army of rats to who knows where.

Bottom Left:

This one that I am feeling that will have the most impact on my viewers. There is a deity that is on top of this monolithic structure and there is a mass of people that is bowing down before it. I would really like to do this one but there are others too.

Top right:

This is the first idea that I came up with. I like the struggle between good and evil. This is something that I go through every day (money, sex, women you know the deal), trying to stay on top of my game and not let any distractions come my way. I wanted one side of the image to be warm and the other side to be cool. But, right now I am undecided.

Bottom right

I like this one as well. I like the fact that the computer is trying to make its user a slave to it, which is kind of ironic because we all here at cgtalk, I'm pretty sure of this, are slaves to our own computers. Thats it for now. I just want some feedback to see which one everyone likes to see done. If not, I will do the one that I feel will have the most impact in telling a story.

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Concept Sketch: deity

I think I want to do this one. A lot of people at school really felt this one to be the most powerful so I will do this one. For me, I think this one will satisfy me on a spiritual level.

Old 03 March 2005   #7
I want to do some line work before I get carried away with the painting. I want to do some extra stuff to the monolith and I want to get the clouds more accurate with the perspective. I gonna have to pull some reference.

Old 03 March 2005   #8
I think I want a mixture of Baptist Christians prayer and Muslims in prayer to this divine light.

Old 03 March 2005   #9
Concept Sketch: man with hand in the air

here is one guy that I plan on having in the foreground of the image to frame the image. Slowly but surely I will have my line work finished, I finals that I have to do for class.

Old 03 March 2005   #10
hi beelow,
the idea with the big tower is nice.. i like the vortex..

good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Hi Beelow

Good studies! Keep up the good work!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 04 April 2005   #12
Coloring WIP: deity

I started coloring. I am not very far into it but I guess I will have to work more into it to get hyped. All the competitors I have seen have been keeping pumped to keep at it. Well, here goes.

Old 04 April 2005   #13
Coloring WIP: diety

I am currently working on the color, but I am unsatisfied with it. I guess I just gotta keep at it some please respond

Old 04 April 2005   #14
nice angle dude...

I liked more the white then yellow on the center... it would be a kind of dodge... made by tha light created by the energy... or the God that was entering on the tower

please visit: Master and Servant (2d)

Old 04 April 2005   #15
Hi
So there is supposed to be person? (deity) at the top of the monolith? Of course it will be hard to be seen in the picture. So people will end up thinking they worship the monolith instead.

Possible color choices depends on what kind of tower is it? Is it made of metal or rock?
Is the sun directly behind the tower? Or is the deity glowing? Is it night or day?

Dont really have any cool ideas for your picture. So im just wishing you lots of luck

Thread Closed share thread