Master and Servant 2D Entry: Brian Linwell

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #46
Hi Brian....Just see you here the first time.....Thats pretty funny,and well done too,real unique take on the theme........That space alien is'nt one to be messed with I see.......funny.....

.......I'll watch for your next step now that i know your here.....keep it strong,and all the best......

Old 05 May 2005   #47
Arc80-

I am increasing the contrast as you suggested. I also stretched out the Phantom's left wing. I hazed out the ground in the front and increased the darkness of the Stealth Fighter. Good advice, thanks! And I sharpened and increased the highlights on the Phantom. Also touched up the characters a bit.
Things to do-
1. Darken the blue of the sky.
2. Increase the rim lighting on the clouds.
3. Add elevator flap lines.
4. Add more plane insignias.
5. Consider (try) sunlight streaks thru the clouds.
6. Increase the roads and runways and hangars.

Last edited by userBrian : 05 May 2005 at 06:52 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #48
Virtuoso-

Great to see you here, I was just admiring your work. That landscape is awesome. I like the Myst feeling, and later read someone else got the same impression. Yours is one of my favorite entries. And the water...perfect. Can't wait to see it completed! That tough character you made isn't one to be messed with either! Nice skin texture! Keep rocking!

Last edited by userBrian : 05 May 2005 at 10:12 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #49
Final Image: reworking the sky

Darkened the sky.

Old 05 May 2005   #50
Are you almost done or are you done with it? The sky looks tight dude. Very nice work on that. If you are not done yet, then keep going. I'll be here to cheer up a fellow AAU since i'm finish with mine. Now i can just bombard peoples thread with spams, hehehe.

cheer dude.

Old 05 May 2005   #51
I darkened the sky and used Ace4016's advice to make the clouds thinner and spread across the sky. I put blue into them to thin them. Time is running out, if you guys have any other crits send them in cuz they are a lot of help! Now I have to check when the deadline is in California, I think it is a day earlier, anybody know? Now I wish I had about another week to tweek.
I guess i'll finish it tonight and send it in tomorrow, which will be the 17th here.

Last edited by userBrian : 05 May 2005 at 08:05 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #52
Arc80-

I'm almost done. Thanks, glad the sky is good.

Old 05 May 2005   #53
I think you guys are 8 hours behind in Cali. So hurry, hurry, hurry. You are almost there bro.

cheers

Old 05 May 2005   #54
It's !:05 pm here now, Monday afternoon.The 16th.
Arc80-And congrats on the finish! I like the station setting. As I just said on your thread, it reminds me of when I named the Play Station for Sony. I was thinking of the duality of the action of actual movements like in sports and the stationary nature of playing a computer game. In your piece I see a duality between the active minds of the people on the platform and the stationary waiting of being at the station.

Last edited by userBrian : 05 May 2005 at 09:00 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #55
The sky looks great, glad I somehow helped. As for more suggestions: mayeb the phantom's camo colors could be sharper in thier transition to each other, looks lkind of blurred. Also, maybe a sort of motion blur effect to emphasize the action going on? Your almost there, and so it the deadline, keep going, you can do it.

In the year 4016...

Old 05 May 2005   #56
Thanks dude. I'm glad you like my piece and really happy that you've interpreted a couple of the idea behind it. I wanted to make them feel like a butler. Just standing there and waiting for their master's order, but at the same time, make it feel that they have more connection to her than just your typical MAster & Servant idea.
Anyway, i'm not going to yap a lot. Good luck on the finish and will be waiting.

cheers bro.

Old 05 May 2005   #57
Ace4016-

I'll get on it tomorrow. The camouflage IS too soft edged, I'll try to fix it tomorrow and hopefunkly do some motion blur too, great crits again...!

I was toying with the idea of having a missile truck in the background fire a missile at the stealth plane, a missile with a long winding, twisting smoke exhaust trail representing an erratic targetting flight as it tracks the crazy flight the dog puts the stealth plane thru...just an idea, don't know if I'll have time to put it in...was thinking of two or three fired missiles actually. What do you think of that?

Last edited by userBrian : 05 May 2005 at 06:50 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #58
looking great.
realy cool piece.
congrats and thank for ur message.

Chronominater Project Concept Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQX3v3wtknc

Old 05 May 2005   #59
lol... they re dogs... and they re piloting stealth fighters... ARRRGHHH congrats on finishing and good luck mate

Old 05 May 2005   #60
If you do add the missles I would feel sorry for the dog, poor guy wouldn't have a chance. Also if you do add a missle to the scene, where would it have come from? Keep going, you'll make it.

In the year 4016...

Thread Closed share thread