Master and Servant 2D Entry: Joshua Caez

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #61
Wonderful application of grey tones. Very evocative piece; I really like this. Much good luck!

Adri

Old 05 May 2005   #62
Final Coloring: Kong

In this image I turned on the layer which has all my guides that I used to create the city. I wanted to keep the focus as much as I could on Ann so I decided to have all perspective lines go to her. Good'ol click shift click did the job (no rulers necessary) and that pretty much kept me from painting things going the wrong direction...

Anyways, just wanted to share a little on how I made this painting:)

Cheers!

Old 05 May 2005   #63
Final Coloring: Kong

Well just putting down some final details that are probably not even visible at this resolution... But I'm about that point where I think I'm done. I'll take a day break and look at it this Sunday with fresh eyes then post it as the final image. Let me know what you guys think, maybe there's something that you guys notice that I can't see, I've been looking at this for too long;)

Anyways good luck to you guys!

Old 05 May 2005   #64
Final Image: Farewell To Kong

Well I took a couple of days off and revisited the painting, knowing that I would find something that bothered me... Sure enough I fixed a couple of things, but nothing noticeble. At this point I think I should call it done!

I'm so glad that I had the chance to participate in one of these challenges. It's been a lot of fun, and I would like to thank those that helped me during the process plus all the positive feedback that kept me pumped to continue painting.

Thanks again and good luck to all of you. Can't wait for the next challenge!

Cheers!

Old 05 May 2005   #65
sweet pic, just sweet , didn't know your plans , but so good u kept it b/w

Old 05 May 2005   #66
absolutely Beautiful work! Congratulations!

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 05 May 2005   #67
Cool congrats and good luck!

Oh Wow...

Your image is stellar! Great job and Congratulations. Good luck with the final panel! This one is one of my very favorites.

Old 05 May 2005   #68
i like really this pic, the black and white anbiance is great, good work and good luck for the end

Old 05 May 2005   #69
Wink

Thanks for the replies guys! I'm really excited about all this, since it's my first time entering a challenge.... I can't wait to see who wins! But at the same time I'm really excited about Star Wars as well, so I'm all around really pumped these coming days... I wonder how long it takes them to judge? Anyways good luck to all you guys!

Josh

Old 05 May 2005   #70
I would'nt change a thing. Like I wrote at the beginning of this thread.....I love it. The composition, and the vanishing point manipulating the reader is very well done. B + W always does it for me.

This should do very well.

Congratulations on a very professional piece.

Good luck.

Old 05 May 2005   #71
Smile

Thanks Paul

Old 07 July 2005   #72
Thumbs up

Great painting! I love the fact it is in b/w! And the style of it gets me pumped for what we are going to see in a few months on the big screen (King Kong . Keep it up Josh!

Sean

Old 07 July 2005   #73
I really like this. Really captures the 8th Wonder of the World in a tender moment. I take it you're looking forward to Peter Jackson's remake as much as I am.

I also like how everything converges on Anne to keep her the focus of everything...which was the focus of Kong.

Great piece

Old 08 August 2005   #74
Simply amazing. How did you go from sketch to model on Kong?

Old 08 August 2005   #75
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread