Master and Servant 2D Entry: Cori Bucklin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #16
looks interesting!

Old 03 March 2005   #17
Talking

ah, lord funnybone cory, his highness of royal madness, most twisted alienware challenge rocker.... ha. Damn, where did you hide. *is subscribing anoxious n still naturally born confused* wish ya fun and best luck dude. cheers

*is eating black burned ravioli (uhm, cgtalk challenges...) at the moment and interprets that as a godly sign

Old 04 April 2005   #18
Hi ravioli_rancher

your later sketch make me think of Crumb's work. The story totally weird, ha ha.
Want to see more... and color study

Old 04 April 2005   #19
Concept Sketch: Opossum Apocolypse

38 days remaining:

With 48 days remaining, my can opener broke.

With 47 days left, I felt really hungry, and lost all desire to draw and paint.

For nine days, I rolled around the house, inhaling bugs and dustweeds.

Yesterday, I found a quaint hand-powered device with which I can now poke holes into cans.

I had some baked-bean juice.

Still, moral is low.

I plopped into ZBrush for a quick study in volume, then traced over that with goopy black lines in Painter.

I'll continue on with the opossum jive.

Instead of a magic rodent, though, it will be a simple pet, loved by one owner, detested by another. Here, we see it thrown into a pit of garbage disposal reptiles because he who detests it says it, "Just smells like dirty shanks," while, she who loves it is afraid she'll get whacked in the face with a hammer if she doesn't do as she's told.

The 'possum survives, of course, then chews the face off he who hates it, marries she who loves it, then, tragically, is hit by a rogue wagon wheel while foraging for nuts (vehicular verminslaughter, by the way, is the leading cause of 'possum estrangement.)

Possums make bad pets, and even less reliable husbands.

Last edited by ravioli_rancher : 04 April 2005 at 04:44 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #20
I looked at your thread and thought to myself, jeez why is this guy still sketching, he should be modeling by now, then I realized you are doing the 2d contest...doh.
That last concept looks like a good one too. The composition is good, nice transition between foreground, mid and background action.

Old 04 April 2005   #21
Hey, I know now why you asked me for some ZBrush work
How long have you been working with it ?

About your concept, it sounds really weird and funny Hope to see more

Old 04 April 2005   #22
Just wild.....really vivid and full of life.A far fetched imagination goes far.......real re-freshing to see.....keep it coming......

Old 04 April 2005   #23
I'd love to see you win, if only to read the tutorial afterward.

BTW, your opossum's not really dead. He's just playin' 'possum.

Old 04 April 2005   #24
Concept Sketch: Fish Breath

Look! I made an anatomically incorrect carnivore! Rarrr!

I tried painting, but passed out in frustration, woke up, and did it in zBrush.

Just a resource image based on another resource image.

Perhaps one day further down the road I can use it in a scene promoting swamp ecosystem dung heeps.

Old 04 April 2005   #25
Line Art: Single Pixel Brush Bonehead

Me tried to paint.

Me not do so well.

Paint stinky and hard.

Then me find single pixel brush in Photoshop. Me scratch and scratch, just like dog.

Me think image not so good, but even worse when shrunk for web viewing.

Web viewing stupid.

Me too.

Me like stupid Single Pixel Brush.

Good night. Eat some bed bugs.

Old 04 April 2005   #26
Silence!

spacesnail,

I've had zBrush since it was 1.23b (pre zSphere, texture master days). But, since every revision is a brand new program, I'm basically a new user too.

Virtuoso,

You have too much energy for your own good. Go build a planet. Don't forget the subterrainain, biolumenescent, furry plumbers with howitzers and lazer beam eye ball sub lieutenants. And many thanks for taking the time to encourage me.

Ilikesoup,

But, opossums can't play possum. Rather, they enjoy pantamiming gluttony and futility on the street. Which is another reason their mortality rate is sky high.

This little guy, though isn't a corpse. He's feelin' his oats, and the poor crocodiles are about to get a lesson in romance.

Many thanks for your kind, and naughty thoughts.

Old 04 April 2005   #27
talk about creative imagination...... ........You got some fun and wild in you,and dont ever change it.......By the way....thats a pegleg .......Scalawags of my World love there women with peglegs .....bring on more of that imagination Cori......

Old 04 April 2005   #28
"Web viewing BAD..." - Lars; Metallica.

Granny has a peg leg, hahah.

Bring it on!

Old 04 April 2005   #29
Hi, your last station is very interest, there are hearts in your drawing, go, go for the continuation.

Old 04 April 2005   #30
your way of approaching sketch is very interesting!
its quite early to tell where you are heading with it, but i will be sure to keep my eye on this thread. i am more than intrigued

Thread Closed share thread