Master and Servant 2D Entry: Clint Thorne

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #31
Terrible, simply terrible. I mean, how is she supposed to breath under water? Won't she be cold??

Can anyone say detail freak? detailoholic? detail overloading.......freak?

you're so good it makes me want to puke!

It's looking great Clint. Is there a concern that you might lose some of this great detail when you start painting?

Any ideas on what you'll have in the background? I guess there's not enough time to create a detail bg is there?

Keep it up dude. Your work is inspiring!

God Bless,
George

Old 05 May 2005   #32
Quote: PoshspiceWhat gorgeous pencil work Clint! How are you going to go about colouring?

First, thank you! I'm flattered. In answer to question, very carefully, and hopefully very quickly, as we've only got two and half weeks left. Work is finally on the verge of letting up a little bit so I can dedicate more time to this, so I'm hoping to start coloring right away. More updates coming this weekend (tomorrow).
c

Old 05 May 2005   #33
Dude! Your drawings are sweet! Can't wait to see some colors. Details are awesome!

Master & servant

Old 05 May 2005   #34
Line Art: Line Art, Concept two

The primary reason I developed the creature to this level of detail, I think, was because I was concerned that I would be unable to make it look the way I had it envisioned, partially because the picture I had in my mind wasnít entirely clear. Now that Iíve worked it all out and am reasonably happy with how the leviathan looks, I think Iíd darn well better stop messing around with the black and white and get started on coloring, as Iím running rather short on time. I wonít want to shade the woman in black and white, anyway, because it would all get lost as soon as I added the skin tones. Iíll just have to develop the rest of it as I go, if there are any other elements that need to be added to the composition.

Old 05 May 2005   #35
Clint, very but very nice detail you did on your creature, I'm looking foreward of seeing you final entry, great work

Master & Servant

my site

Old 05 May 2005   #36
spectacular... i dont know how i thought i found all the good stuff... but i hvnt even seen ur work before. well problem solved im subscribed now... hehe

dont have time to read ur concepts but they look EXTREEMLY interesting :thumbs: and excellent hand drawing skills... superb... love it... ok ill stop now.. cya soon.. "ill be back"

Old 05 May 2005   #37
Gregeon: No puking, please! Guilty as charged re: detail freak. Yes, I'm a little concerned I'll lose some detail while I'm applying color, but I'm gonna give it a shot. I'm hoping I can maintain most of it. I think if I put in too complex of a background the image will become cluttered because of the level of detail in the foreground, so I'll keep it simple in any case. I haven't quite decided, however, what exactly I'm going to do with it. Thanks , everyone, for the generous compliments!

Old 05 May 2005   #38
Hats off...Awesome detail!!!

Old 05 May 2005   #39
Coloring WIP: concept two (new and improved and in color!)

Well . . . *sigh* . . . I havenít given up yet. Iíve been working on painting the woman while I decide what to do with the leviathan (color wise). Iím getting a bit concerned that thereís too much detail all around and that maybe the characters get lost because you canít see them clearly. Particularly the woman. I donít know how clearly you can see, but Iíve got her mechanical enhancements sketched in as well, and Iíll be painting them later this evening. Feedback would be very much so appreciated, though I donít know how much time Iíve really got to change things much. I might just have to forge ahead in the direction Iím going, now, if I want to be able to finish in the next week.

Old 05 May 2005   #40
looking good man, my only question is what's the final thing going to be like.

Old 05 May 2005   #41
Coloring WIP: Concept two close up

Still not quite finished, but I thought I'd post a close up so you can see all my hard work (and my mistakes!) a little better. Almost done with the woman, then I'll move back to the leviathan. Getting awful close to the deadline

Old 05 May 2005   #42
My first visit here. Very good illustration/drawing! Good luck

Gord

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 05 May 2005   #43
what the~~!! u sure have great patient in doing those textures with pencil.the details are overwhelming.i'm definitely gonna stay tune on this one.anticipating to see some color rendering for the overall piece.

Old 05 May 2005   #44
It's looking great dude! The woman is looking very good. I really like the expression on her face... it's subtle, yet there seems to be a lot going on there...its weird! Can't get over it!

Ok, i'm over it

The glutes and the leg part that runs through the back of the knee looks odd to me. Knowing you, i'm sure it's accurate, but it might be more appealing to make it more curvy?

Choice of color for the breathing mechanism and fins is spot on!

George

Old 05 May 2005   #45
What the hell? how come there ain't more people posting on your thread? the pics are great! i acutally think i even have to subscribe to this one! oh btw, it looks good, but i think the left (viewers left) eye is a tad strange... ooh, have you thought about a background yet?

Thread Closed share thread