Master and Servant 2D Entry: Michael Dashow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Hi Michael, glad to see you participating again. Your space opera image was cool!

03 March 2005
Good luck man.... can't wait to see what you come up with!

my GSO entry | my M&S entry | my PORTFOLIO |

03 March 2005
Hi Michael..........Looking forward to some real nice creativity.....good luck to you,all the best.....

03 March 2005
nah it was just a reference to the fallen or whatsem called,
stuck to my mind from visiting your homepage , funny thing

03 March 2005
Bring on the art! Good luck

Paul

03 March 2005
Best wishes Michael, good to see you.

Facebook

03 March 2005
Good luck, Michael...Good to see you back!

03 March 2005
good to see you man! I'm expecting a great piece from your hand, good luck!

03 March 2005
Thanks, everyone!
But I think my goal this time around will be to see how many posts I can garner without ever posting a single piece of artwork myself...!

(just kidding)

Squibbit, thanks for visiting my homepage!
For those who haven't (i.e. everyone else) he's referring to the Fallen from the game 'Diablo II,' who are all yelling my last name. (Not coincedentally, that's my voice there, too!)

Anyhow, got some sketches but they're atill too rough to post - they don't make sense to anyone but me. I'm not too worried about someone laying claim to the concept I'm working on in the meantime: It's way too weird for anyone else to have done. :-)

more soon (but keep posting in the meantime!)

-mike

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Wage Slave - concept sketch 01

Okay, never mind, maybe I will upload some art after all.

Everyone else seems to be staking out the sexy women/large beast/giant robot territory pretty thoroughly, so I think I'll explore something entirely different. Anyone who's ever worked in an office (or anyone who's ever been a disciple minion of the Followers of the Old Ones) should be able to relate to this idea. Poor Bob is having a bad day at work, in the central offices of NecronomiCom, Inc. He's messed up his quarterly incantation and summoning report and his supervisor is rather displeased. And poor Bob's been pulling all-nighters working on his spell-processor application to rectify the discrepancies. (It's hard to make out now, but he's got a desktop printer down there in the lower-center of the pic spewing out parchment scrolls.)

It's only a first sketch, I need to refine it a lot more. I think the boss needs a bit more curve to the body, and I'm still not really sure what Bob is going to look like exactly. I'm open to suggestions on any of it...!

-mike

03 March 2005
i like what youve got here walrus, still likin the name by the way, its somethin to relate to good job very original good luck man

03 March 2005
I like it! Especially the fact that the boss is probably muffling on about something poor old bob cant understand (or would want too) because of those squid like tenticals! Fantastic.

mmmm maybe for more impact, you could have the office cubicles spanning out into the distance so you can see the curve of the earth... making the boss look huge towering over bob with nervous co-workers pretending to be busy with thier heads down in panic...

Good start - jez

03 March 2005
I like your style! very unique! more updates!!

03 March 2005
Cool idea... another something 'different'...

i know it's an early sketch, but the suggestion i'd make would be to have the little guy seated and have the big tentacle face reeeeeally towering over him and putting him into shadow. And maybe change the perspective to accentuate that (having the 'camera' tucked down by the computer for instance, with Bob in the foreground glancing back at his towering supervisor?).

03 March 2005
Great sketch! And I like the idea also, but I was thinking there is something missing. This pic could be easely inside of a comic, but why shouldnt u do it for a comic coverpage! With that I mean more dramatic approach, which duddlebug gave u a post higher. I hope for more sketches from u!

DW V 2d

Thread Closed share thread