Master and Servant Challenge FAQ/Answers/Questions (Update 24 March 2005)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

REPLY TO THREAD

Old 03 March 2005   #46
I'm not going to go searching ... post a link if you want someone to look at it.

Old 03 March 2005   #47
sorry, here http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=223121

web/animation designer

Old 03 March 2005   #48
sebek27 - I answered in your thread (if anyone else is curious).
Short version = "Don't violate the forum posting rules."

Old 03 March 2005   #49
Thanks Leo and others for clearing things out! One more question I do still have left (since now it's clear the other has to be homo sapiens): This was asked here earlier afaik, but I didn't find the reply... so.. Can the human be cartoonish/stylized, for example like the dad in the Incredibles?

Thanks in advance!

Old 03 March 2005   #50
Originally Posted by phase1: Thanks Leo and others for clearing things out! One more question I do still have left (since now it's clear the other has to be homo sapiens): This was asked here earlier afaik, but I didn't find the reply... so.. Can the human be cartoonish/stylized, for example like the dad in the Incredibles?

Thanks in advance!

All styles are welcome. Go nuts!

Old 03 March 2005   #51
Question Concept ideas

I have a concept for the challenge but not the skill to produce it may I post the idea for others to take up and use and if so where?

And would some one using said idea still be able to enter the competition ?

Thanks

John

Last edited by Equinoxx : 03 March 2005 at 11:17 AM. Reason: Unreadable in black

Old 03 March 2005   #52
Ok, here is a really stupid question but for me it is quite agonising, how do you attach those links to your works in your messages? thanx in advance

Old 03 March 2005   #53
How does one put those links to works , i know, dumb question but agonising to me

Old 03 March 2005   #54
Originally Posted by nebezial: How does one put those links to works , i know, dumb question but agonising to me

You mean, in the sig?

Jednostavno.

Go to Quick Links -> Edit Signature, and simply insert the link to the first page of your thread.

Old 03 March 2005   #55
Sorry Leo, I still need a little clearer explaination of "human"
Quote: It needs to be 100% homo-sapien. I did not write the rules (it was collectively written by numerous people), but we are all accepting this as a rule and interpreting that one needs to be a 'human' (i.e. character depicting the globally accepted homo-sapien species form).

My main character is elven. Now, elves are not considered human. They are considered humanoid. They do, at least the concept of an elf that I am using, fit the globally accepted homo-sapien form. But, in the world where they "exist" alongside humans, they are not 100% homo-sapien.

Basically, the only difference between this elf and a human, is his ears are a little pointier.

Thanks,
Daoine

Old 03 March 2005   #56
zanp - No, this is not a team competition. It's in the FAQ at the beginning of this thread.

Daoine - I believe the elven question has been asked already and Leo's answer is a response to that (among other variations of the humaniod form). Human is human.

nebzial - What erlik said ...

Old 03 March 2005   #57
Originally Posted by Leonard: Does one have to be human or can it be semi-human?
It needs to be 100% homo-sapien. I did not write the rules (it was collectively written by numerous people), but we are all accepting this as a rule and interpreting that one needs to be a 'human' (i.e. character depicting the globally accepted homo-sapien species form).

Sorry if this is going to deter anyone from entering the Challenge, but the rules have been set and the interpretation from the vast majority of Challengers so far (as can be seen in the entries to date) has been that one needs to be a human being. Many people have already started their concepts with humans as one of their main subjects.

Hmm... guess I'll have to figure out another way of depicting my little angel (unless I keep the "servant" human)

Last edited by ArtisticVisions : 03 March 2005 at 08:44 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #58
What if an artist were to sort of mix the two mediums? Say model a fairly detailed 3D model of the scene to get the general shape and perspective down and then paint over it in the 2D app of choice? It's about an even amount of work in both mediums, so:

What category would a challenge entry made with this kind of workflow be submitted in? 2D? Is it even allowed?

Old 03 March 2005   #59
Hello

Can the human be topless?

Old 03 March 2005   #60
The 2D catagory-

Can I do a drawing on paper and just scan it? Or, does it have to be from Photoshop, Illistrator, or the like?

I'm new at this. I have a great concept; however, I think (for me, since I cannot model people) I can convey such a better image on paper than from 3D package.

SB

reply share thread