Master and Servant 2D Entry: Adrian Fekete

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
I'm think the "moon 3" gives you a plus in your compossition, but the "moon 1" gives to your illustration a special atmosphere, with the "moon 1" you have a emotive impact to you draw, and i think with the "moon 3" is more visual (about forms) the impact.

05 May 2005
Coloring WIP: treemoon version 1.00

ok thx for the feedback :)

how is this then ?

Sketchbook

05 May 2005
Looks nice! I would still add more dark blue/violet to the background, you could simply try it out with a layer set to "color" if you'd not want to paint over your skies again. Like liiga said, the blue/violet complements the brown/yellow colors.

05 May 2005
Final Coloring: almost done :)

ok almost there..hooraaaay :D

i put some more blueish-purple in the sky ...changed the trees a little and pulled up the whole floor, for more perspective on the middle left...

i still got to do some finetuning on the right tree ... finish the raccoons tail

and some more little details on treasure and floor

im pretty happy with the moon and sky now but if anyone has some more good ideas, speak up plz :D

Sketchbook

05 May 2005
CRAP... why am i here the first one again...

DUDE... THAT... LOOKS... WICKED. THat sky looks so NIIICE Freakin amazing improvement from the beginning and i'm serious. I'm not sucking up here, but i f...king dig your piece bro.

The only critzs i can say is to just tone down the highlights outline on the building and that is it. I am shutting my mouth now......

cheers

05 May 2005
crowley: sry man i forgot to answer Im very glad u like it ... and about the mouth ... i will leave it like that... its my personal simple element, like in a cheap manga, wich connects me to my past artwork

liiga, Arc, Squibbit(np m8), Art2, Is-boset & am7 :

thank you all for the feedback on the moons i hope i my mix between the old and moon1 suits you

Arc80: haha thx m8 ... your are the best company during this long process m8
yeah i will tone the highlights down ...and the right tree will be trimmed so as not to get this hourglass shape in the bg

Sketchbook

05 May 2005
ahl;kzkszfjbzddillo!!=it's so cute!!
love ur charater and also ur avatar.
nice color and comp. maybe it look more cool if there a symbol of the main characters's team appear on the sky.
good luck.

Chronominater Project Concept Demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQX3v3wtknc

05 May 2005
Pure awesomeness! The new sky rocks. A suggestion, perhaps a slanted shadow would be nice in the lower right corner? So as to 'round it off'. It's a little empty. (Then again you could probably just put your signature there, I think.)

05 May 2005
xric7: u mean like the batman symbol glowing in the sky ? hmm i dont know hehe ...maybe a bit too cheesy for my taste ....on the other hand funny idea if i think about it...would just need a different background-story for that

liiga: hihi glad u like it ...im still working on the floor u will see soon

Sketchbook

05 May 2005
Hello Vahn

nice picture and composition Maybe you can try to soften the rimlight... imho, the characters seem to be a little too flat
And i love the Raccoon

Cheers

Manu

05 May 2005
haha. looks cute! i love it!

05 May 2005
Great great vahn! But I'm back again with some more ideas (sorry! . Firstly, I'd change the dark red/brown in the top of you'r sky, and make it dark blue. And you could try to add some yellowish (low values) highlights to the tops of your clouds. And most important - lower your value of thoose tree backgrounds! Make them dark blue instead of black, it will help your composition to read much better I think (takes to much focus from your characters now). And if you look at photographs, you can see that background elements (in the distant) blends out, the further they are away.. the lower brighter values they have.

Keep it up!

Last edited by am7 : 05 May 2005 at 06:44 PM.

05 May 2005
youve got such a cool style, and the pic is really beautiful. great work.

05 May 2005
I'm glad to have been a company dude. Will be waiting for your final image.

cheers bro

05 May 2005
Final Coloring: blue

ok here i did some changes as suggested :

-i got rid of the red-brown on the top

-i softened the highlights on the building( altough they could use some more softening) and on the King

-i worked a little bit on the racoon and gave the treasure some more dimension with a little addon at the left,because it made the king a bit flat as it was

Sketchbook

Thread Closed share thread