Master and Servant 2D Entry: Guillaume Ospital

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
Cool

hehe, yeah i dig the seagulls idea, eventually 2 dolpins for her crew as well?

looking so cute, keep on rocking Mate!!!

05 May 2005
hheeehe i luv it,great style!

05 May 2005
Final Coloring: finish line

Well, I tried to add some seagulls but they ended up looking like bats. Or flies. Big flies. I don't know... Shoudl I keep them?
I also added some ropes here and there, jsut for fun, but you'll have to look at the larger version of the pic to see them :)
Any comment is welcome as I'll upload the final image and the TIFF in the next few hours. Time for ultimate suggestions and tweakings :D

Last edited by crowley : 05 May 2005 at 05:50 PM.

05 May 2005
Hey Guillaume, I think you should either make the seagulls bigger or just make them little vs. They are too detailed to be too far away, but they are too small to be close up...see?

Also I would put them higher up in the picture, right now they are cluttering up the bottom half of the picture, put a couple of teeny seagulls up where you have that beautiful big sky..
Other than that, amazing work, very cool indeed! That sky...so pretty...

05 May 2005
Dude, very NIIICE. Just push them back a bit and grey them out. and maybe 2 or 3 midium ones flying close to your characters on the top left. Other than that. ABOSULETY BRILLIANT

cheers and goodluck on the final image.

05 May 2005
Paperclip & Archie, thanks for your suggestions.
I tried to put them higher in the sky, but they really look like bats, or little stains. On the other hand, I reduced them as Paperclip suggested, and it's much better I think. Thank you very much for that
I also tried to blend them a little in the sky (thanks Archie!), and deleted some of them to avoid any confusion with the water drops...
As for some closer seaguls... Well, to be frank, I'm a little tired and lazy right now, so I think I'll stop there and post the final image (I know, I know, I should be ashamed to say that kind of things )

Last edited by crowley : 05 May 2005 at 07:17 PM.

05 May 2005
i agree w/ paperclip & arc80... a few gulls wont kill the picture & maybe put some up higher... overall, your stuffs' cute... & hurry up!!

theres not much difference between your pencil tip & a diamond

05 May 2005
Final Coloring: seaguls (bis)

Ok, here's a pic with some seaguls up in the sky. Tell me what you think. Thanks :)

05 May 2005
Hi sorry didn't see this in the making! Looks really great!! I think I actually prefer the previous arrangements of seagulls! Both are still good though! Really colourfull piece! Good luck!

05 May 2005
Perfect!

You don't want to make the seagulls the main focus of the picture, the picture just needed a little ...something there and now it has it!

The entire picture is finished now....congratulations! Go and submit it!

05 May 2005
Final Image: That's the way!

That's the final one and it's called "That's the way!" (which is a stupid title). That's funny how the picture turned out to be quite different from what I had in mind. Ho well.
As for the challenge itself, it was a blast to participate and see how other people worked. Quite fascinating and full of great lessons. I just wish I had more time to comment other people works :/
I'd really like to thank *very much* every single person who took some time to comment my tiny picture, that was really nice of you, something rare on the internet those days. /bow

Well, I almost forgot to write a little story to go with the picture (I'm sorry about the lousy english and the looooong text)

It's the story of a little girl called Plume. She was raised by an aunt of some sort who happened to own a restaurant on a small island. As soon as she was able to walk and hold things, Plume had to help with the clients and became a well known waitress.
The place was swarming with many kinds of people among whom were pirates. These guys were always talking about their adventures, and the treasures they were about to find, and the bottles they were about to drink. And then they would drink said bottles, and break them, and fight, and sleep, and drink a little more. Ultimately, they would go back to their ships and disappear in the horizon.
As time went by, Plume grew eager to become a pirate herself (mostly for the adventure part of the job; as she was not really into being drunk and stumbling all over the place). But no crew would take a girl that young with them, so she figured she had to be her own crew. She took what money she had gained over the years and decided to go to the city and buy a ship.
What you have to know about this world is that every boat was mounted on top of an animal. Cruelest pirates quite logically chose to ride sharks, whereas big merchandise ships were mainly using whales.
But sharks and whales cost a lot of money. So Plume had to buy one of the cheapest, slowest animals on sale: an octopus called Omally. She also bought a little boat to put on top of Omally, the kind of boat parents buy for their kids. Everybody laughed at Plume and Omally as they set sail for the first time.
After that day, they were seen in many places, living many adventures, avoiding many drinking and stumbling all over the place, and never finding any treasures. But, hey, Plume got to ride a really cool octopus for her whole life and Omally had a nice mistress. As far as fun and aventures go, I'll take that over any treasure everyday of the year.

05 May 2005
haha nice one crowley ..i love it

the flag is really cool ...i really like your style and im glad u joined this challenge

congrats for finishing this

Sketchbook

Last edited by Vahn : 05 May 2005 at 08:23 PM.

05 May 2005
Hey, thanks Tris3d, that's nice
Vahn, thanks mate. I just saw that you had already posted your final image yesterday. Congratulations!
Thank you Paperclip, Archie and Arkinet: you really helped this evening
And while I'm at it, many thanks again to every people who dropped by my little thread. That was sooo mushy
Good luck everybody with the judging

Last edited by crowley : 05 May 2005 at 09:07 PM.

05 May 2005
CONGRATULATIONs bro. LOOKS AWESOME even with that slight adjustment. VERY nice work and absolutely BRILLIANT piece.
GOodluck and it's was fun watching your thread.

cheers

05 May 2005
Nice work! It's good to see something in a different style. Good Luck!

Thread Closed share thread