Master and Servant 2D Entry: Guillaume Ospital

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
No more critzs anymore I just love the style and the simplicity of it

cheers

05 May 2005
go ahead! thats will be great!

I cant wait for the whole image!

cheers: Kornél

05 May 2005
This is one of my favorites in the challenge, hope it goes well for you, thx for your input on my picture.

05 May 2005
Looks great! Can't wait to see the final image.

05 May 2005
Allez zou, j'écris en français. Sory for the non-french readers, i'm a bit lazy this evening.
Bonsoir Guillaume. J'adore ton image qui me fait bien bien rigoler. Quel maîtrise dans le style cartoon - cartoon bien de chez nous, oserais-je dire !- Personnellement, je verrais bien un petit cacatoes ébouriffé dans la mâture...

Good luck

Manu

05 May 2005
Thumbs up

Vey cute! Your color palette resembles Disney Animations. I realy like the concept and execution. Good luck.

05 May 2005
Close ups are cool... so very very clean and lovely...

I think it'll be super when it's all done!!

And I want an octopus to sail... it looks like fun!

05 May 2005
Nice clean style, crystal clear... love it.

05 May 2005
Coloring WIP: well, there's some kind of hat. and a lamp, too.

Mr. Octo's hat is pretty much done, but I'm not sure it's really that cool... The little lamp is finished too. There are still some details I have to work on here and there (mostly tweakings on the face of the girl, based on 1st_angel comments; and adding wind in her hair, as Art2 suggested). And I have to do the water and background, of course, since they're like 0% done. Ack.
As always, any comment/critic/advice is welcome. Thank you!

05 May 2005
Arc80: thanks mate, that's awfully nice

Kornel: thanks a lot, I hope I won't disappoint

sgtpepper: wow, that's nice Thanks a lot (and it was my pleasure to comment your picture: I really love it)

am7:
thank you!

spacesnail: huhu, thanks a lot (et pour le cacatoes, c'est une riche idée que je vais m'employer à réaliser... si j'ai le temps)

kerembeyit: thanks for the comparison, that's cool

duddlebug: thanks for dropping by And well, anything involving octopus is fun because octopus are, in essence, fun.

Jezzarts: thank you very much! You humble me

05 May 2005
Honestly, i think the details you have enough. You don't want it to contrast too much of the simplicity you have with your overall style. But anyway, the details you just added is perfect, effective, and good touch. JUst maybe darken the octopus's shadow a tad bit, just a tad bit.

I hope i see this idea animated one day. I think it will do well as a nice short story.

cheers

05 May 2005
Final Coloring: almost there

Well, I've reached my limits for this one. I still have some very small details to correct, but the picture is mostly finished. Ultimately, I decided to keep a simple background. I tried several things (an island, a ship, a fleet of pirates riding octopusses etc.) but they didn't really work. Maybe I'll try again this evening, or tomorrow; and then I'll post the final and upload it.
As always, any comment or critic is welcome.

Here's a link to a larger version, if anyone happen to be interested (you never know :) ).
And also a little close-up on the girl's face:

Last edited by crowley : 05 May 2005 at 04:30 PM.

05 May 2005
Have you ever tried adding Seaguls flying on the back. Specifically, top left corner of your page. Just a suggestion

still looks AWESOME bro

cheers

05 May 2005
Guillaume, you are almost done, I love this little peice, very simple but very awesome but I have to agree with Arc80, a few seagles would add up alote to your image especially in the empty space.

Genial ton image.

Master & Servant

my site

05 May 2005
Beautiful!

It reminds me of Matt Dixon's 'monkey girl', which I also love. This is a very cool picture and I really like the simplicity and beauty of this. The colours in the sky are just perfect.
Hurray for you!
Good luck in the judging!
theresa

Thread Closed share thread