Master and Servant 2D Entry: Michael Dashow

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Cool

hahaha, really good! if i'd see my boss showing up like that that'd scare the shitz outa me for sure. Kewl work in progress, keep it up!

04 April 2005
funny draw. i have no crits. you're making a god work.
cya.

04 April 2005
lol. Ohyeah! This is funny lol. Keep it up.
MY DEVIANT ART- click here

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: Layout 5A with "proper" perspective ceiling

Okay, I'm nearly ready to start the final line art. I'm much happier with the fixes on the anatomy, and many other small changes. Now I'm just trying to get the ceiling worked out. So which one do you like? This one with the ceiling using straight lines, a "proper" perspective shot...

04 April 2005
Concept Sketch: Layout 5B with "fisheye" perspective ceiling

... or this one with a fish-eye lens effect on the ceiling? Does one seem more effective to you? Or can you think of another way I could do the warped perspective better?

Anyhow, it's be nice to see what people think about one or the other. The only difference between the two is the ceiling. Drop a post and let me know... Thanks!

-mike

04 April 2005
IMHO , I think perspective and emotion of your image are perfect for this theme , first look , i think about master and servant! your image do a good job to describe the topic,
I have some point about foreground ,printer , paper and moniter is too line up , it look like a wall in front of your composition , if you choose worm eye view , it's hard to find the good foreground(misspelling??) maybe you can bring moniter or faq down a bit to make it vary in scale.
just my opinion , and sorry for bad eng,

04 April 2005
Mike, i'm enjoying this a lot. one thought, the tie on the man bends to the right along the same line as lower line of the arm. maybe bend it back down slightly. continue to press on buddy.

Facebook

04 April 2005
i like the warped perspective.. is better for the mood tat you have already set. Great stuff. lets see some colour

04 April 2005
very good draw, it's always a concept sketch, i hope you choice this concept and i wait the wip color

04 April 2005
waiting anxiously for the color...how did you think it up??

04 April 2005
!!! Great piece!

Im liking this a lot!

ALright with your perspective issues your asking opinions on, by far the fish eye effect does your pieace more justice. Whats wrong is the left characters body is very low and the right characters body/feet are like hes floating, you me either half to drop the right character lower or make his knees be at the bottom before the foreground stuff come into play. Secondly, as far as (background only), try moving all your right side stuff farther to the left where it shows more wall with the characters like their in his cubical more, still use the fish eye effect, but elonggate it and make it have greater distance.. Because of the perspective of the characters, you may need to make the right side as the same perspective as the two and then distort it more towards the left where the ceiling seems longer and farther towards the end and closer and bigger with the characters to the right! I hope I was able to help and make any sense, I dont want to draw on your great sketch so I hope this helps!

SEL

04 April 2005
if u still got the ceiling under vote i vote the straight one.

otherwise everything is as it should

04 April 2005
That's a good sketch. I prefer the fish-eye (pun intended?) with one reservation - I think the warping effect should be strongest nearer the viewer, like a real fish-eye lens. The ceiling on yours is more distorted the further away it gets. Not that it has to be true to life, but still. Great work.

04 April 2005
I like the more linear perspective because to my eye, it makes the boss actually look BIGGER than the Fish-eye perspective does (at least so far). Maybe try to find a happy medium and split the difference: slight curves but not enough to make the viewer THINK "fisheye".

04 April 2005
looks fantastic so far!

The only other way to help warp the perspective would maybe be to warp some of the foreground elements a well as the ceiling.
Moose Enterprise
craig@moosetoys.com

My Blog

Urban sketch thread

CG Challenge (Short Film)

Thread Closed share thread