Master and Servant 2D Entry: Linda Bergkvist

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Hi!

I think the second mask looks better because of what you said, I mean itīs not natural to wear a mask, hiding something or whatever. Nature is beauty itself, but can of course have ornaments so thatīs why 2nd mask fits better (to me).
Also, as I know your work is simply amazing I made a funny test and had a look at the first sketches without reading anything just to have a "first impression".
I ended up feeling like nature is the Master. No ambiguity at all.
I donīt know... the sketch is not finished and itīs difficult to say, but thatīs my two cents if you like.

Please donīt take this crit as a bad thing because I can see youīre working hard, the concept is very good, and the results are just "from outer space". I admire your work sincerely.

03 March 2005
Bealobo - you're right :] As far as poses, lighting, outfits and expressions go, it will indeed seem as if Nature is in control. The upset of the balance will come in little details. In how nature is ruined wherever she touches the human. The withered flowers on the ground. The ruined, brown grass. The dead birds, the butterflies like so many discarded origami creations. I don't want the 'power struggle' to be too immediately obvious, if it makes any sense :]

And don't be so afraid to offend :]

D'artiste

Painting eyes
Painting hair

03 March 2005
Linda, you're an source of inspiration to us all.

03 March 2005
Good idea Linda!
That is bitter but will look just great. I love compositions where you can explore and become aware of details (also story details) by looking a second or a third time. It is a good idea not to make things so obvious.

I canīt wait to see more... but careful with the hand!

03 March 2005
Great work Linda.....and to think I only found out about the latest challenge last night.....you work very fast!!

Drawing figures and faces is a real challenge, so your work is really inspirational to me....keep them coming

03 March 2005
i dont have the talent to comment on ur work... breathtaking it is..

well thats it

i am throwing in the towl and going down the pub. ur all welcome to join me . . . anyone?

03 March 2005
WOW!!! It seems that it's gona by a tought battle. You are almoust done with the image. I like it very much. Can't wait to see your next wip. Keep it up!!!

03 March 2005
WOW!!! It seems that it's gona by a tought battle. You are almoust done with the image. I like it very much. Can't wait to see your next wip. Keep it up!!!

Check my "Master and Servent"
-----------------------------------
www.velinov.com

03 March 2005
Cxited taking seat agian to watch your progress (i'd better get modeling now....) to add the feeling without showing her eyes, my ways is to close my eyes and become the character, feel it, feel the muscles, feel the pain and sorrow. the elvish character could wear a more transparent mask maybe, more like a veil?
if the eyes don't get much chance to illustrate the pain, give the mouth more weight. let the lips express it
the sketches are beautifull and as expected on a masterly level. no worries. what you show promises a masterpiece

03 March 2005
I like the homey/warm feeling of the girl here. She looks like a settler or someone used to spending a lot of time dealing with the earth and nature in general. Like she has that sort of sensibility someone who spends their time dealing with something as finicky and unforgiving as nature can be.

I'm not quite feeling the nature character yet. It seems she is more of a hint of nature than a representation of it. I think the dress concept with the flowers and life will nail that home more so I'm looking forward to seeing that.

-L

03 March 2005
Hi,
Very pretty starting, good luck for the continuation.

03 March 2005
I'm really liking the second mask. If you want it to look more mask-like, what if you connected the sides by placing a piece over the forehead? Or, if you took off the mask, you can mimik the shape and idea of the mask with face paint or the combination of the two. Just thoughts.

The human girl is looking great. I'm interested to see how you are going to pull off the power struggle through their facial expressions.

03 March 2005
I'm in love! for some time i've seen your sketches and i love the fluidity in them, it's visual poetry. I've been always envyous of the way you get the color. you have a great fan cheering for you. Not that you need it.

03 March 2005
Wow!

Hi, Linda! Welcome to the challenge! I'd just like to express how inspiring yet disheartening your work is! When will the rest of us ever achieve such skill?!? Lol! j/k I love the colours and anatomical correctness in this, I just don't yet see a very close relation to the theme of the contest! It's probably the gothest theme in CG challenges ever, though!

03 March 2005
looking good linda I allready noticed that I can't achieve this level of drawing with the skills i have (or lack) at this moment, but you're setting a good example wich pushes me to work work work
ty & good luck

Thread Closed share thread