Master and Servant 3D Entry: Diego Velasco-De Armas

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #16
Modeling: zbrush groups

These are the groups I divided the mesh into in Zbrush. It´s essential to the modeling process. Note that I divided the arms and legs into two groups- that´s so that I can get into the creases with the brush without too much of a hassle.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S
/ Spectacular + WIP / Steampunk

Last edited by velascodearmas : 05 May 2005 at 03:20 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #17
Modeling: Zbrush progress

Working at home. Now I have to get the rest of the model to this level of detail.. Should be enough to hold up with the textures applied to it. Zbrush is awesome!

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Old 05 May 2005   #18
Modeling: zbrush progress

What a great program. Bizarre interface, pretty confusing workflow (even orbiting around), but the results are very rewarding. just a couple of years ago this kind of detail in a model would have been a pain in the butt to make.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Last edited by velascodearmas : 05 May 2005 at 06:26 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #19
Modeling: more zbrush

Too bad the leg is going to be in front of the torso, it seems like it's going to be an interesting area.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Last edited by velascodearmas : 05 May 2005 at 06:55 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #20
Modeling: aahhh, yes... more Zbrush progress

coming together nicely... only need to sculpt the legs,and then its off to texturing.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Old 05 May 2005   #21
Modeling: demon zbrush modeling OK

Finished the modeling of the demon! Any comments very welcome. By making him symmetrical, in the end he is useable from any angle. Should make finding an interesting angle for the final image easier.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Old 05 May 2005   #22

Another pose. An interesting trick to get striation in the muscles is to paint the general form of the muscle with a broad brush, then make the brush tiny, complement the form with many scribbles on the form, and smooth with shift. Also, try and avoid painting to the edge of a group when the adjacent group is invisible. This creates seams. Another thing that I did that was interesting was to regroup the groups into pairs. So every group that had a mirror group on the other side ended up as one group. This is because if you're painting (like I did) with mirroring, if you hide one of the hads, for example, as you paint you will only paint one of the hads. The objects that are hidden don't get modified. Sounds pretty obvious, but not at 5 am.. Noticed this after painting quite a bit of the left forearm.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Last edited by velascodearmas : 05 May 2005 at 09:14 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #23

Last one ;). I actually made the legs twice, the second time after Zbrush crashed as I was painting the final details of the foot (the legs were 100% done). Had to redo the legs from scratch. Oh well. Time to get some sleep...

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Old 05 May 2005   #24
Thumbs up good zzzzzb

nice sculpting. good luck dude

Old 05 May 2005   #25
wow! nice sculpting! man ! another example of good weapon(zbrush) that in the hand of great artist!

Old 05 May 2005   #26
you're doing very good, wish you finish in time

Old 05 May 2005   #27
good job

Outstanding work dude...you’re doing great.
I wonder how you divided the mesh in groups, I’ve tried that before with Z-brush but it seems too hard do get it right. Hope you finish it in time.

Old 05 May 2005   #28
Hi dvelasco, what you have so far looks great! I hope you can pull it together real quick!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 05 May 2005   #29
thanks! :)

Hey, thanks a lot for the comments, fellas! I too hope that I get to finish this in time . The big effort is going to be this weeekend, starting today... I'm having a lot of fun with Zbrush. I'm working on the color right now, should be able to post something finished very soon.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Old 05 May 2005   #30
Texturing: zbrushing color

I thought I'd post an update, and answer Amaral's question at the same time. To group the object into different parts: 1) go to the lowest level in your object's subdivision, 2) use Control+Shift to isolate what you want to make into a group, or (which is what I did) first isolate a larger chunk with control+shift, then chip away at your selection using control+shift (and then let go of the shift button, which will turn your selection box red). The polygons under the red box will disappear. When only the polygons that are to be in the group are visible, hit the Tool -> Polygroups -> Group Visible button. The polys on-screen should turn another color. Then, unhide everything with a click outside of your object (on the canvas) while pressing Control+Shift. Repeat the process for every group. I suggest you group the left and right sides of a part (Eg., left and right leg), makes painting easier. It's a bizarre interface, but you end up getting used to it.

DREAMSCAPE
/ TJB! / M&S

Thread Closed share thread