Master and Servant 3D Entry: Nicola Cavalla

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Nicola Cavalla

Nicola Cavalla has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Final Image

This man like to be master of the 'guin.... watch him take the pleasure from the egg hole.

Old 04 April 2005   #2
Modeling: P P P Poke up a Penguin

Rough layout to get idea of composition. I have yet to rig & weight the main character so as to pose him. As much feedback as possible would be welcomed.

Old 04 April 2005   #3
this is like modeling, texturing , lighting, rendering and post and final image in one... i must say great pic man.. but show your steps on how you did this.. looking good.. One crit.. have a little bit more shadows too..

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 04 April 2005   #4
Ahoy there

I kinda agree with Marcel. It'd probably be a good idea not to work at too many items at once. I'd probably lose the background for the time being, focus on your characters first, get them rigged and posed, then worry about texturing, lighting, composition etc later on.

Love the concept of the penguin in the "gimp" suit. It'd be nice to see a big chunky Zip on it ( there might be one there, but its getting lost admist the collar )

Old 04 April 2005   #5
Thanks for the feedback. I wish I had variouse stages that I could have posted, but I got so carried away building the characters using smooth proxy for the first time that I had finished the characters before I knew it. I think the next stage will be to rig the character and pose him and then I will be concentrating on details on the characters, the room and the lighting. I knocked to room together quickly to give me a better feel for what I wanted to get from the scene.

Old 04 April 2005   #6
hi there, I like very much your modeling and lightening, just I'm not too agree with those mirroring pants...

Old 04 April 2005   #7
very cute and funny characters

WOW very funny and very cute characters..........really good WIP

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=225407&page=4

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=225407&page=4

Old 05 May 2005   #8
Modeling: P P P Poke up a Penguin

I have rigged and weighted the ugly character, toned down the reflecto trousers and messed with the glow on the light.

Old 05 May 2005   #9
Concept Sketch: Penguin concept

Initial concept sketch of characters.

Old 05 May 2005   #10
Smile

Hey Nicola!

I like the concept, and the difference between Head and body,maybe you may explore more this in 3d model.

Old 05 May 2005   #11
Hi there Nicky, finally found your thread!

Quick an' dirty crit:
Firstly, the concept's certainly original, and has plenty of potential pictorially
I think it would be nice to see more attention given to the 'Spent Penguins' bin, as for me this part really clarifies the story behind the concept; perhaps some carefully balanced lighting in the comp would do the trick
Still much to be done, I know, but I'll take a stroll by later and see if your 'Ugly Guy's rig has worked out as you'd wish....!

Nice to see you yesterday with all the other guys, by the way, and talk soon

Chris

Old 05 May 2005   #12
Modeling: Penguin model

I have put some extra details in the penguin model, some work on the zippa and some texture tweaks.

Old 05 May 2005   #13
Originally Posted by nicknox:

I have put some extra details in the penguin model, some work on the zippa and some texture tweaks.

Is better now, keep doing

Old 05 May 2005   #14
Thanks for the encouragement Diogo. I am looking forward to doing some work on the room next.

Old 05 May 2005   #15
I love the penguin. Are you fixing the floor later? The "shapness" of the carped beneath the penguin's feet doesn't match the penguin's. Maybe reduce the texture in order that it looks sharper?

Make this original concept work, man!

fer

Thread Closed share thread