Master and Servant 3D Entry: Qian Jin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #61
Respect
Will you give us a link for the big version?

Old 05 May 2005   #62
Hi again steven, congratulations for driving this one home mate! Your final looks brilliant! I love all the detailing....stunning...

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 05 May 2005   #63
The poor jester is either masterís funny tool or his groom. The drove monster donít want to obey the justerís words, and the master just enjoy jesterís service. The female servant keeps out sun shine for master. we can see two kinds of difference complicated sentiment on her eyes Ė commiseration to jester and dread to master. There are many strong contrast on this image, action and quiet, cool color and warm color, etc. I do this to describe masterís stateliness and power to contrast servantís obedience. My purpose is used nice color and graphic composing to simulate the atmosphere like opera style.

The whole works spend me 16 days. I done other works to join a competition of HongKong in few days before. So I done this too hurry, maybe it is not enough good. Hehe~~~ I really hope have more time to do some new works on next competition. I done this work in some softwares which is Maya, Zbrush, 3Ds Max, Photoshop. These days closed finish it, I didnít sleep near 6 days. Thatís really too tired. And to me, that also is a challenge. I think I need to sleep now. Thanks to everyone who support me. If you like my image, please voting me~~~ hehe ~~~~

Old 05 May 2005   #64
Congratulations Qian... I just see one of the most interesting project in this challenge... great skills for a great final masterpiece...

A real pleasure to discover your process for this very original idea... and I wish you the best for the votes... you have yet mine

Old 05 May 2005   #65
Great and original picture. I specially like the warm colors in the image.

Old 05 May 2005   #66
Great final image, so nice picture. Congratulations

Old 05 May 2005   #67
awesome dude!!!

theres not much difference between your pencil tip & a diamond

Old 05 May 2005   #68
ok, now I'm seriously impressed, amazing work you did here, congratulations with your final entry, top of the list for sure !

pe@ce

Old 05 May 2005   #69
thanks for every artist congratulate ,here is my first in CGtalk challenge,hope you like my picture,

Old 05 May 2005   #70
this image is so,so,so,great, love it mate. hope to see more from you sone, see you and have a great day. smilies dont work so. tumbs up, tumbs up, tumbs up, tumbs up.

Old 05 May 2005   #71
This is my HONGKONG 3D CHALLENGE :"monster"
HOPE YOU like

Old 05 May 2005   #72
woow man, it's even better, really love your work, most impressive (2 times)! That Monster on foreground is great, the one behind defenitely seems like an "hommage" to some monsters we already know, right ? but what a neat finish... an other challenge you're about to win! Congrats!

pe@ce

adriano

Last edited by Adriano-Zanetti : 05 May 2005 at 05:43 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #73
Wow! This is an awesome piece. Amazing light you created (HDRI and MR probably).
However I have to agree that the monster looks very similar to this image:

http://cgnetworks.com/challenge/ent...09559_large.jpg

Originally Posted by steven.qian: here is master modeling and monster

Maybe was not your intention but not only the head, also the objects attached and the expression in his mouth looks very similar to me. Even the saliva in his mouth in the final render of both works is almost the same. Good luck.

- limo

that's just wrong...

Last edited by limousine : 05 May 2005 at 06:04 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #74
wow!! very very expressive image!! good luck

Old 05 May 2005   #75
Thumbs up super image

Hi steven.qian

congrats super image, no crits, maybe clown character in foreground a bit
off balance, my be intentional, well done!

My m-s
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=231985
comments welcome. good luck in the voting
Patina!

Thread Closed share thread