Master and Servant 3D Entry: Adam Apap

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Adam Apap

Adam Apap has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Lighting: Lighting and Composition Test

This is my lighting and composition test. There is no way Iím going to finish this in time but I do intend to complete this piece. Over the short period I had available for this competition I have truly learned an immense amount from all the artists who entered, as well as cgtalk in general. One of the many problems I faced was actually texturing the model, so I had to start over and over again. Being a relative newcomer to the site has opened my eyes to the amazing amount of talent there is out there. This was my first attempt at a 3d piece and it is simply an incredible medium which I intend to follow through. I will definitely look out for the next competition and make sure that I allow myself enough time to complete the model. In the meantime I wish good luck to everyone who entered!

Old 04 April 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: Gunslinger and Creature

The idea behind the scene will be composed of a sort of gunslinger, post apocalyptic wild-west character (Phew!!! Thatís a mouthful) wandering the barren lands with his misshapen vulture creature at his side to aid him. Having just cleansed the past town, his face pulls a sinister smile as he heads on to his next destination.

Being that we do not know what era this is supposed to convey, I am not sure whether or not to give him conventional weapons but will decide further into the challenge. Most of the details (trophies and such) will be fleshed out in modeling so Iíll worry about that later.

Old 04 April 2005   #3
Sounds good but you're going to have to put a step on it, late joiner hurry, hurry!!!

Old 04 April 2005   #4
Concept Sketch: Gunslinger

A different sketch of the face

Old 04 April 2005   #5
Concept Sketch: Bird Creature

Another sketch, this time of the bird-like creature. Iím not sure of the scale though. I might have it resting on the Masterís shoulder or arm.

Old 05 May 2005   #6
Modeling: Gunslinger Head & Coat

Started the modeling process in Z-Brush. Long way to go!!! Iíve shown a breakdown of the different steps I took to arrive at each model, starting with z-spheres all the way up to the finished mesh, dividing the polycount as was needed to sculpt the details. Unlike the head, I combined the Torso and Coat to arrive at one mesh. This could have been sculpted from together but I wasnít sure how I wanted it to look. But its always good to experiment!

Old 05 May 2005   #7
Texturing: Gunslinger Face

Texturing in Z-Brush. Followed the practical guide (GUV Tiles - 2048x2048px Texture) with a few tweaks to the skin material here and there. For the teeth and gums I used the default plastic material. The colours will need some tweaking in Photoshop at a later stage, as I find it difficult to achieve the tones I want directly in Z-Brush due to my inexperience.

Old 05 May 2005   #8
Very good but your skin id too red. Good luck

Old 05 May 2005   #9
Thanks for the crit, I need all the help I can get. Hopefully I'll be able to correct that in Post. Good luck to you too!!!

Old 05 May 2005   #10
Lighting: Lighting and Composition Test

This is my lighting and composition test. There is no way Iím going to finish this in time but I do intend to complete this piece. Over the short period I had available for this competition I have truly learned an immense amount from all the artists who entered, as well as cgtalk in general. One of the many problems I faced was actually texturing the model, so I had to start over and over again. Being a relative newcomer to the site has opened my eyes to the amazing amount of talent there is out there. This was my first attempt at a 3d piece and it is simply an incredible medium which I intend to follow through. I will definitely look out for the next competition and make sure that I allow myself enough time to complete the model. In the meantime I wish good luck to everyone who entered!

Old 05 May 2005   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread