Master and Servant 3D Entry: sandro D Paoli

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: sandro D Paoli

sandro D Paoli has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Concept Sketch: the Story

the Story

Akeem received his Nunck servant on his fifth birthday from his father, Baron Asheem Von Pelt.
The war Lord baron had just returned from a six month campaign on the distant planet of Yiist. His troups had engaged the Nuncks in the plains in front of their huge cities. Baron Asheem\\\'s ultra modern legions faced the ferocity and fierce determination of the female-warriors of that alien race. At dawn they charged only armed with primitive weapons and where crushed in a record time of less than 6 minutes by the powerfull XMBs heavy artillery and by the HellCopters of Cdt Sinkletom.
Shortly after the male Nuncks where deportated. Nunck society was mainly matriarcal, females conducted the politics and the war affairs while males took care of the eggs and children. They became slaves of domestic use for the aristocraty of Terra-Minor and Panaple.
Nuncks became very popular among young children of high-rank. But soon after, they were overclassed by Aerial Ochoons from Nimhf.
The Nuncks were then sold on huge exo-markets to extracting companies.
But Akeem never got tired of his Nunck and their relation intensified as the years passed by. He stopped calling him Jam Jam for his ancient name Ashz.
A few years later, a rumor ,stating that Nuncks where carriers for dangerous exo-viruses, lead to their massive extermination.
As a sign of protest against that stupid massacre, Akeem-Bhoris XXIV commited suicide on the 18th may of year 5425.He was nine years old.
That act caused a huge impact among the aristocraty. In the end it lead to the Lawrence\\\'s Amendment of slavery Abolition, still valid today in the whole empire.

Last edited by aBlackEgg : 04 April 2005 at 10:25 PM.

Old 04 April 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: Akeem BhorisXXIV and his Nunck

Yop Fellows,
I finally managed to find some time to try to make a "proper" sketch of what I had in mind for the contest -- its a bit messy I m afraid - don't damage your eyes on it, trying to find out what its all about - I ll explain...well, its a portrait of a kid (son of an influent neo-aristocrat or so) in a luxurious baby carrier - hanging on the stomach of a Nunck.- What the heck is a Nunck? A Nunck being a race that daddy fought against on a distant solar system and forced into slavery.
Now,I hope that my final image will show an intimate complicity between the child and the creature - sharing his lollipop.Its not clear on the sketch that the creature has got tentacle ending arms and that he s "envelopping" the child in a gentle manner.
I ve been quiet busy on the modelling of the creature and the child - I ll post them very shortly -

Old 04 April 2005   #3
Talking

Hey!

Nice concept!

Good Luck!

Old 04 April 2005   #4
Hey it´s a very good concept, want to see more of your work, congratulations and good luck mate

Old 04 April 2005   #5
love the concept dude, looking forward to seeing the modelling

Old 05 May 2005   #6
Modeling: Akeem_Model

Okido, so here he is -- little Akeem -- still WIP concerning an army of missing details and accessoires - jewelry and so..
I ll probably pass him into Zbrush to see what good it can do. I kept him quiet simple now cause all the details can be added when he s in pose - don t want them to be in the way of the pose or even the processus of rigging/skinning - so its on the side for the moment. What else to say.. hmm well maybe a little tip -- I modelled all the clothes in a regular manner before converting them into cloth Object - that way the simulation of it (gravity and damping mainly) will add a few more convincing wrinkles or foldings. Its a good idea to prepare your UVs first before starting the simulation. Just bake the geometry at the most convincing frame.Concerning little Akeem, I want him to be even a little more fatty - think it would serve the character - Cheers

Old 05 May 2005   #7
Modeling: Nunck - Modeling

...hum it seems like I confused my files again -- sorry this is Akeem -- the other guy is the Nunck (please refer to the sketch if you get confused) - So, about that Nunck -- its just regular modeling -- he surely lacks a passage in Zbrush that should be fun to do. Unlike unfolding all these damn UVs. By the way for those of you working in Maya, that new Bonus unfoldTool is quiet helpfull, I dont really understand how that algorhytm works (of course) but its good. As for Akeem I left a lot aside for later -- specially the end of the tentacles at his arms cause I can only model them in pose when I m sure of Akeem s position.

Old 05 May 2005   #8
he is very sweet. keep going

Old 05 May 2005   #9
Cool characters, great cloth modeling !

Old 05 May 2005   #10
Hi,
Indeed, great characters! I particularly like the design of the master's " hair style". Nothing really to crit. Keep it up.

Old 05 May 2005   #11
Talking

Good Modeling!

I like the clothes too

Great!!

Old 05 May 2005   #12
Modeling: Akeem & Nunck in Pose

Still little adjustements to make on the pose but generally speaking Modeling is over - Sniff.
UVs are unfolded and I m currently working on the Lighting and textures.
Kid has been rigged with a very light skeleton - I only needed it to achieve the pose - I corrected the model afterwards rather than spend plenty of consuming time on skinning it properly.
The Nunck was even less boned cause I modelled it more less "in the pose".
His head needs some extra skinning now to be able to reach for the lollipop -- maybe a simple wire deformer will do the trick - dunno yet.Got to work a little more on his big tongue and on the jointures of the finger/tentacles with the arm. Did the fingers apart cause I was not to sure of their length at the time. The all thing lacks a passage in Zbrush - that s coming soon.

Old 05 May 2005   #13
Modeling: another angle

just another view of our two fellows

Old 05 May 2005   #14
Cool monster and funny master. good luck

Old 05 May 2005   #15
Great concept aBlackEgg, i like the original models
good luck!!

Thread Closed share thread