Master and Servant 3D Entry: ludek hroch

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2005
First time I see this one - and I really like it! Interesting idea and the point of view is very good. I think the shadow works well but I agree with Pigwater that the figures could be better read, can't make any good suggsetions on how though.

Very nice work, good luck with finishing up

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

05 May 2005
ludek, really nice composition, I love your perspective

Master & Servant

my site

05 May 2005
hey, thatīs a nice image, i like it, bad luck for the replies, but no problem.. anyways, if you have mental ray available on your software, try to use the ambient oclussion shader, it can help with the soft shadows, and give a more professional look to this image.. i just rendered a 2700x3500 and 600k polys on my p4 2.4 in 12 mins, i guess your machine can do that too...

good luck!!

<°))))<
fishies

05 May 2005
wow, thats it... this is art man... i really like what u have done here...i really really like ur textureing...good luck mate

05 May 2005
Lighting: lighting soft shadows

Thanks for all your comments and especially for comments about rendering soft shadows. In the end I did it on the friends computer (thanks Odo).

05 May 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: colours

I blended the soft shadows layer with the picture and this is the result. Red coulour is dominated in this picture....

05 May 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: blue

...and blue colour in this one.
Now I will blend them together with mask.

05 May 2005
Final Image: final

I decided to finish now. Hope will be able to upload the final tiff image....

05 May 2005
I also hope you have managed to upload the Tiff..

The contest would be a tisk to run from here on without your entry!

Things have developed fast without my being able to follow up. I am sorry but I had to recover from a few things and couldn't come visit though I would have liked to.
None the less you have managed to submit a very fine entry with a definately much more original camera shot to compair to many.. and have managed to get away with a master that you didn't really show us
Congratulations on your successful entry. I wish you the best of luck from here on shall you need it!

Black

05 May 2005
Very nice final picture (diabolical), I like the view you've chosen.
Good luck.

David.

05 May 2005
thanks

I would like to say "THANK YOU" to everyone who posted me reply, doesnīt matter if you like my picture or not. What I owe to you is to finally write here the point of my picture (although I hope itīs clear and easy to understand)
.....special thanks for comments to you BlackDidThis and special sorry to you too (I critized your perspective on your picture a little bit and was not able to explain you where I saw the mistake - believe me - I tried to do the explanation, but was not able to do it in english. Hope will do it sometimes...)

05 May 2005
veteran

I donīt understand why is under my name written "veteran". I canīt believe I would write it to my profile myself (it sounds stupid....I really donīt thing Iīm veteran of something - especially veteran of making 3d pictures).

05 May 2005
Originally Posted by navylete: ...and special sorry to you too (I critized your perspective on your picture a little bit and was not able to explain you where I saw the mistake - believe me - I tried to do the explanation, but was not able to do it in english. Hope will do it sometimes...)
Lol .. leave it...
I had already replied your post way back then.. I guess you didn't get a chance to read it.
Went through EVERY line there to check up on things incase I may hvae skipped something after your note... Couldn't find anything that I should be disturbed by.
I may not have set up the scene in computer accuracy... but none the less I am very confident on the part of the perspective that concerns me being correct.
And do not intend on changing it.. especially now.

If you are reffering to the little bumps though... those were done in with the default lighting-filter in PShop.. so they are not shrinking towards the bottom as much as they should. But they were not to be used anyway.. they were there to give me a colour base and were painted over in the further stages. I preffered to paint everything you saw in that image.
A tisk I lost my actiaul final file... But I am going to redo it and post it in the 2D section.

So don't worry about explaining yourself any longer... nothing really to explain. Apology accepted; but there is nothing you should be sorry about!

Thanks anyways

Black

05 May 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread