Master and Servant 3D Entry: ludek hroch

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #16
Thumbs up cool perspective

Hi navylete
thanks so much for your comments, its given me more inpiration, Yes I hope
I can reach that fairytale feeling, I agree, theres a lot more tweaking before I
reach the final image, I have a load more textures to create, and will be changing some of them, at the moment Im working on the character textures, uv mapping, such a pain!

I love your perspective and composition, will you introduce any characters,

good luck patina!
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...531#post2235531

Hi, its really beautifull. There is something ftom fairytales, something of children feeling. Please - do not bump map the wall so much, doesn´t look good. And stones under the window are .......look like boxes, not stones.

Wish you luck. I like it really much

Old 05 May 2005   #17
Modeling: last model

This is the last time Im uploading model. There is still something missing in the scene, but I must harry if I want to finish it in time.

Old 05 May 2005   #18
Texturing: first texturing touch

I decided to make one big texture for the central part of the floor of the temple (so the floor is one flat mesh now). Still more colours than texture....

Old 05 May 2005   #19
Texturing: second texturing

please, I need more time :(

Old 05 May 2005   #20
You got great texture on the ground and your colors are really good.

For the time you need, I can't do anything...

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 05 May 2005   #21
Texturing: texture03

It was a long day. Scene is completly textured, but I wont to still improve it. Hope will meet a deadline....

Old 05 May 2005   #22
Lighting: missing texture

I started with lighting. This is the first result. By the way there you can see I forgot to texture the hell gate (makes me sad).

Old 05 May 2005   #23
next

What next? I desided to render to layers because my computer is a very slow. still not sure, but will combine colour scene layer with basic lighting and shadows - with layer of the scene in gray, without textures rendered with skylight to recieve a soft shadows

Old 05 May 2005   #24
:(

hello, can you anybody write to me something here? i need any feedback

Old 05 May 2005   #25
I know it might be a little far fetched.. but what say you really darken the room.. I mean like no light at all.. and then add a set of omnious lights into the fire couldrons or what ever the are? Sort of having them globally illuminate the whole room the best they can?

Looking really good!

Black

Old 05 May 2005   #26
uf

thanks for your comment. hope you will like my next upload. there are a lot of things how you said.

Old 05 May 2005   #27
Lighting: shadow of the master

I played a lot with lights and decided to make shadow of the master with the projection light. This is the projected map I used.

Old 05 May 2005   #28
Rendering: finish?

Something like this should be my result. I planed compositing more layers together - one of the layers should be scene without textures rendered with skylight for making soft shadows. Unfortunaly I found out it´s imposible on my computer so I decided to let it only with the basic lights.

Old 05 May 2005   #29
wonderful days work you put in .. textures came out top notch ... really interesting piece with the unique perspective ... love it, except the figures are a little hard to read, but that will probably change

great stuff

EDIT : ooops didn't see the last few posts .. yep the figures are reading better but still a little vague .. the shadow bit is working great though

Last edited by pigwater : 05 May 2005 at 11:42 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #30
It's a great picture with an original point of view. It would deserve more replies.
Like the work ou've done on textures and composition. Maybe the shadow of the master could be more visible (so darker) to give it more strength. But it's already good like that.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Thread Closed share thread