Master and Servant 3D Entry: Gijs Leijdekkers

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #31
Modeling: modeling progress - working haaard!

Heey,

I'm still working on this... It's only in silence...

I've finished the models now... Right now I'm going to texture the hair, and after that I'm going to stick the pieces together. After that, I'm going to planar map the 2 head models towards the camera, and paint some bump maps and so... In that 'planar-texturing'-way, I can work faster and I can make something better out of it

I'll have updates soon!

Please reply to tell what yσu think about it!,
Gijs

Last edited by Dutchman : 05 May 2005 at 10:21 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #32
Hi Gijs,

Time to go go go! Just push it hard my friend! That head with the heart shap is a very original idea and a kind of "materialistic symbolism", well thought! Now hurry up! I'm waiting for your final!

Old 05 May 2005   #33
Texturing: texturing of it all...

Time left: 0 days, 21 hours, 57 minutes, 13 seconds.

Whoohoee... With almost 12 houres more time than expected, I think I'm really going to get that deadline!

Here on this sheet you see some print-screens and texture-samples of my textures. Painted in Photoshop with a tablet, and due to the little time left, just planar mapped on the models...

Right now I'm gonna use 2 PC's here to render some stuff on highres... Updates soon (ofcourse... even the final within a day! )

Last edited by Dutchman : 05 May 2005 at 02:11 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #34
Concept Sketch: teaser of the final!

Hmm... before going of to that 'allot rendering', I want to show you a teaser of the final... It's just a very quick composit of some various renders... The final is meant to become photoreal.

Hope you like the idea and execution (a bit ) till here...! Tell me what you think of this!

Old 05 May 2005   #35
Gijs,
Looking forward to your final, keep plugging away. Nice work on the eye textures.

Old 05 May 2005   #36
Ok... The other PC is rendering right now... And it seems that one is about 10x faster than 'my own one', so it's quite disturbing I didn't know that before...

@ Tremoside : Mark, thanks again my friend, for the 'interest' in my stuff! I had hoped at from the begining of the challenge that somebody 'liked the sombolic stuff in it', and now it seems at least yσu like it that By the way: I hαve checked out your final, but haven't had time yet to give a reaction to it in your thread, but as a 'teaser of my reaction': Really awesome work, with an awesome mood and ambient, awesome cartoony modeling style, and really amazing shader/texturing work! I just had to say that

@ mmoir : Cool to hear your looking forward to my stuff! I hope to finish it as soon as possible!

Originally Posted by mmoir: Nice work on the eye textures.

I forgot to mention before: for the eyes textures I used the amazing Antropus-tutorial on 3DTotal.com !

Updates soon... And I mean quite really soon, because the rendering is now driven up very much

Thanks for the replies so far, and I hope to hear about YOUR reaction soon!,
Gijs

Old 05 May 2005   #37
Rendering: rendering of 16 independent passes

I've rendered out different passes of different light situations, to be later able to adjust the light and GI-faking easely and with more speed than in 3D.

Old 05 May 2005   #38
Lighting: result of some light-passes combined

By using the tranparancy-options in Photoshop, I've been able to simulate quite nice GI (in mύ eyes) so that it now almost looks like done in Brazil R/S or so, but its αll rendered out in the Default Scanline Renderer.

Old 05 May 2005   #39
Post Effects and Compositing: An evening Photoshopping....

And heres a screenshot of Photoshop, while I was working at the post-effects and compositing of the different elements... The transparency-modes seemed to be quite interesting to play with, to try to get the right look!

Old 05 May 2005   #40
Final Image: final.....!?!

M a s t e r m i n d : L o v e

I think this will be the final... I think I could have done the DOF effect/color-correcting better, but due to an unpleasant factor (independent from the challenge), I didn't have that many time left as I was thinking... :(

The resolution is by the way 2738x3650 pixels. > High-res version soon...

I hope you unless enjoy the image, or maybe even like it!

Greetz,
Gijs

Last edited by Dutchman : 05 May 2005 at 10:48 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #41
Final Image: Mastermind : Love

Here's a new final... I think it may be a bit better than last night... Because of the noisy stuff, it may look a bit more photoreal...

Thanks to all people who checked my thread, and even more the people who even replied! You are my heros!

I hope you (still ) like it! I can't wait for your reactions!

Have a nice day! and everybody else who participated: good luck in the voting!

Greetz,
Gijs

Last edited by Dutchman : 05 May 2005 at 07:50 AM.

Old 05 May 2005   #42
Unless I rιally hate to replying out of impatience of getting no replies, I dσ it this time... Is there really nobody who can say something about this work of me?

Really much thanks to 'the one' (*Neo *) who takes a stop to reply!

Have a nice evening/morning/afternoon/night ,
Gijs

[by the way: the upcoming 10 days I'll have my final exams , so νf you reply, don't expect a reply from me soon ]

Old 05 May 2005   #43
Hey Gijs,
Congrats on finishing this up , I like the soft fuzzy look of the image . This lends to the daydreaming feel to the image. I think you could have emphasized the hair on the girl in heart a little more, right now its not that noticeable. You did a good job on the eyes and eyebrows of the main head but I think the lips need some more work but the texture mapping did help out here.
Anyways , good job and good luck.

Old 05 May 2005   #44
@ mmoir : Hi Mike! , thank you for the interest (again! ) and the compliments & critique! Because I heard more crits on the lips (ZBrushcentral ), I'll do something at that later on!
One little question (about/to Mike ):
Quote: I think you could have emphasized the hair on the girl in heart a little more, right now its not that noticeable.

Because English isn't my motherlanguage , I don't know what you exactly mean... Do you mean the hair is better so, or that it should be more remarkable??!?

After passing my final exams (which start tomorrow ), I think I'll do a bνt more uptouching and so, to make it some better (with some fresh new insight on it, and the crits)! Then I can post this image as 'really finished 3D' in the 'Completed 3D-Artwork' forum and on other forums/communities

I hope you'll (keep) repliing, so that the 'real final artwork' can be almost perfect!!

Greetz & Have a nice day (I'll be back in a week ... then I've got nearly 3 months for fulltime CG'ing),

Gijs

Old 05 May 2005   #45
Hey Gijs,
Regarding my hair comment ,

I can't visually see the long hair that well right now . I would maybe make the hair a darker or more vibrant color. Also, if you show more hair on the shoulders and neck area would help out too I think.
Good luck with the exams.

Thread Closed share thread