Master and Servant 3D Entry: Fabio Bautista

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Fabio Bautista

Fabio Bautista has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: LORD OF BEASTS

Finally I could finish my work, Happily, but with tired eyes :)

...LORD OF BEASTS

Thanks very much to all the challengers and users for support and comments

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!

Last edited by Maxter : 05 May 2005 at 07:17 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: LORD OF BEASTS

My first concept sketch. I'm not good sketcher but this is the initial idea for "Lord of Beasts". I decided to make an epic image that represents a scene of fight between a class of hybrid beast and its master.

I'm not sure of expressions and background, well...i hope your suggestions and comments. Thanks!!

Last edited by Maxter : 04 April 2005 at 05:53 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #3
Hello Maxter, nice drawing!

My concern would be with the pose and composition, it dosnt seem quite dramatic enough, there is no tension between the servent and master, there is no obvious hostility.

The chain is slack, the whip is down, one head of the creature is looking away from the master, the masters pose is relaxed, if viewed as a silohuette, the master and servent are quite far apart. try creating a more tense composition, try changing the point of view. i hope im making sense. try not to worry about creating too much detail in the sketches, think more of the pose and overal look. good luck!

Old 04 April 2005   #4
Concept Sketch: Lord and Beast

Only a models sketch with some details.

Old 04 April 2005   #5
Modeling: Lord head model

starting engines..
I begin with basic head modeling, the idea is to make a base model and then add details later.

Old 04 April 2005   #6
Nice. Think you`d better turn the beast to face away from the master (to the right), pulling its leash. It will give your image more action and anticipation. Unless you have some other thing on your mind .

Yours truly,

Old 04 April 2005   #7
Talking

Hi Fabio Bautista
Very great model. Very cool idea. I hope you work coming.

Old 04 April 2005   #8
Thumbs up Thanks for comments

6foot5 and Newt#, thanks for the suggestions, i will consider them in the composition of the image.

Sumawut, i´m working hard in it and i hope to have updates constantly, Thanks!!

Old 04 April 2005   #9
Modeling: Lord body modeling

Here is the start of the body modeling, just the base model for the lord. Comments are welcome

Old 04 April 2005   #10
hmm coming along nicely , I really dig the hands. Maybe you should give his belly some more details. good luck!

Old 04 April 2005   #11
hey maxter, the modelling is looking good! though i have seen many people model in a rigging stance and then apply a rig to get the pose they want. i think for stills , one should model the charachter in the final pose. i know its not as easy with regards to refernce drawings but the think the end result is better. but i think your model looks fine and should deform quite well.

Old 04 April 2005   #12
hey maxter, the modelling is looking good! though i have seen many people model in a rigging stance and then apply a rig to get the pose they want. i think for stills , one should model the charachter in the final pose. i know its not as easy with regards to refernce drawings but the think the end result is better. but i think your model looks fine and should deform quite well.

Old 04 April 2005   #13
Concept Sketch: Final Concept Sketch

After some changes, finally i was decided by this sketch, the more drastic change was the creature of which i was not convinced.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 04 April 2005   #14
Thumbs up

Hi nixOr (cool avatar ), i think to give it more details after finishing the base model.
Thanks 6foot5, for me it´s more difficult to do it from the final pose, because it can be out of proportion

Last edited by Maxter : 04 April 2005 at 03:53 PM.

Old 04 April 2005   #15
hey maxter, that is a much better pose, you can really see some tension and conflict now,
that creature looks really scary now, keep up the good work. you make a good point about modelling in proportion, i guess its up to the individual.

Thread Closed share thread