Master and Servant 3D Entry: Matt Benya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #61
Hey thank you very much! Yeah I think you are right about the brass, I will go back over and work it out more.

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #62
Modeling: Tree Hopper

Greetings,

Well I decided to go with a greener design for the background rather than the mountainous rocky look I had in the earlier concept. With that being said I also wanted to add some little monkey like creatures to the background. Here is the before and after of the little guy that will make up the monkey family. :D

Old 04 April 2005   #63
Modeling: Jean-Luc Finger Fun

Since I modeled the little fellow (who I have named Jean-Luc, don't ask why) out of ZBrush, base mesh at least, I went ahead and rigged him. Here is an excerpt of the posing fun. ;)

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #64
Give hin an enterprise badge

Have you thought about shaving the fur near his mouth?? It seem to disapear when he's not chatting.

Old 04 April 2005   #65
lol, yeah that would be fitting. None of the texture work or material set-up is anything but a test run in 2.5D. Once I had it in Z2 I just went ahead and dropped it to the canvas and tested some color schemes for his fur and eyes. Thanks again 3dRaven!

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #66
Hey Matt, it's all coming together over here man...dig the humour too That last critter shows us all a bit better where you're going with the scene a bit more I gotta get me a seat of Zbrush...
Keep it coming Matt, it's looking great

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 04 April 2005   #67
Texturing: Subjected Early Texturing 1

Greetings,

I started on the texture for the Subjected this morning in ZBrush, the feet, hands, and other detail hasn't been worked on yet.

Old 04 April 2005   #68
Texturing: Subjected Early Texturing 2

For the texturing process on the fur I am using the fiber brush and layering it on with different intensities.

Old 04 April 2005   #69
Texturing: Subjected Early Texturing 3

While texturing I usually work from light to dark areas, when the hair is finished I then go over and intensify different areas of hair. The size of the fiber brush determines the length of the hair, varying this as well as the grooming, gravity and density can give a natural effect to the volume of fur.

Old 04 April 2005   #70
Concept Sketch: Revised Scene Set-up

Here is a very quick and dirty concept I made of the revised scene composition. :)
I want to merge the different elements such as the vines and cables, trees and machinery to better frame the scene.

Old 04 April 2005   #71
Hey DaddyMack, thanks a lot, I was hoping that I wasn't the only one that got a kick out of the little guy. Yeah, I haven't regretted my purchase of ZBrush. Thanks again!

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #72
Great update. You did a wonderfull job with the skin/fur texturing. Like the compo too, tight fit but everythings in it's place

Old 04 April 2005   #73
Hey man thanks a lot, your comments are always very encouraging! I am glad to hear that you like the new composition! I was thinking this afternoon about putting the "robot hairdryer" (actually the thing that is going to hold his brain plugs) over his head on a track, hopefully this doesn't make the scene feel cramped.

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #74
Modeling: Environmental Models

Here is a render of some of the objects making up the Keeper's residence, I'll be adding alot more detail objects to spruce up the place.

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #75
Hey, since my last visit so much updates appeared! Ok, interesting progress with texturing.
Greener is just wonderful - blue-gray-black fit cool. If servant will be done in such a manner at the end it would great!
Good luck to you!

::my stuff

Thread Closed share thread