Master and Servant 3D Entry: Matt Benya

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #46
Yes, very precise. But do somfin with the pose. First few seconds i were thinking he is smelling somfin... well let's say on the ground. Outstanding modelling. Congrats.My thread http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=224891&page=1&pp=

MY DWIII WIP

Last edited by suk-grigorij : 04 April 2005 at 06:41 PM. Reason: orphographical mistake

Old 04 April 2005   #47
Virtuoso: Hey there again, thank you very much for your encouragement!

arlutik: Hey thanks a lot man for all of your kind replies!

crapple: Thanks a lot for the observation, I toned down the bicep and upped the shoulders a little.

conundrum: Yeah, once you said that I really started to notice it. Actually the worst was from behind, since that is the direction you'll be seeing him from that might just be a problem. I think I will just go and rig his feet and hand to fix the problem. Thanks again!

||) |V| |^|: Thanks again, glad you like it!

kuzgunoglu: Hey thank you very much! I will try to make him somewhat furry.

Deryk: Hey man thank you again! You've encouraged me to get a lot more done this weekend.

suk-grigorij: Well he is an animal man. I am actually pretty happy with the pose but I will work on it a bit more when it is rigged. Thank you very much for your comments!

Thanks again for all of your comments.

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #48
Modeling: Subjected Final Sculpting

Greetings everyone,

Well I haven't been around for a couple of days since I had to finish some other work first. But I did mange to get some modeling done I haven't had a chance to get posted yet. Here is the "final" sculpting done on the Subjected. As mentioned already the weight does not look like it is spread through the arm and feet. I think I will just go ahead and rig those parts to clear up that problem and give a better sense of weight. Since he is only meant for a certain perspective I didn't give the front of his body as much attention. Next I plan on dropping him in PM and start texturing him. He will have shorter hair and this will be fine since I'll do the touch up work in PS. I also plan on posting some shots of the composition with all of the elements in place soon.

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #49
Modeling: Subjected Head Detail

A view of the head, since you won't be seeing it that closely in the final image. ;)

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #50
Looking real nice from modeling to pose....the pose is very pliable and well balanced....real dynamic.......the muscle definition in modeling too is quite apparent......real nice matt.....keep charging ahead like this......

Old 04 April 2005   #51
Thumbs up ....

Hey Mat its a lot better now. The anatomie of the arm is good. Nice face also. You gonna add some fur on it or you gonna texture it? I maybe say it before but I really like that concept of the cats.

Greets Wim

Old 04 April 2005   #52
Great modeling, The body pose looks powerful.
Good luck!!

Old 04 April 2005   #53
Virtuoso, Wim and Maxter, thank you all very much for your generous comments! I'll most likely texture the fur on with some heavy touch-up in PS, generally I've been happy with the results in the past.

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #54
Nice to see some more animal oriented works . Last modeling session looks real good. Like the muscle definitions.

Old 04 April 2005   #55
Modeling: Subjected Dagger

3dRaven, thanks alot!

I modeled this a bit ago...

Old 04 April 2005   #56
Texturing: Subjected Murder Weapon

...and I textured it this evening. :)

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #57
Nice evening of texture work.......well done matt......it's all coming along real well......See you as you come up with more.....

Old 04 April 2005   #58
Really nice and big cat. Will there be a fur at the end?

Old 04 April 2005   #59
Virtuoso: Hey as always thanks a lot! I actually got quite a bit done yesterday and today so I hope to have some updates this afternoon.

InTerceptoV: Thank you very much! I think I will texture the fur on and then go over it in PS to give it more life.

Thanks again!

Matt

Old 04 April 2005   #60
The blades markings look spot on The gold/brass could use some more shader work..lookin forward to seeing this come together as a whole scene

Thread Closed share thread