Master and Servant 3D Entry: Richard LaBrie

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Hey nice to see you again Richard Stunnig sketches... good luck...

jdd

Effectred. Creative Studio
www.effectred.com

03 March 2005
heya.. very nice sketch

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

03 March 2005
cool sketches. i like cylee...nice bra.... *g*

http://ge-zus.cgsociety.org/gallery/

http://www.michael-mussato.com

03 March 2005
VERY VERY NICE

View my LinkIN account

03 March 2005
Excallent sketching style. I bet your have modelling skills to match or even better.
cylee looks beutiful.

Good luck!

03 March 2005
Hey Richard - you're back! I don't expect anything less but wonders from you, and this looks like a promising start. Good Luck!!

WIP: Anatomy

Demoreel

03 March 2005
Great sketches. I like your style

03 March 2005
Wow, thanks everyone. Its so humbling to wake up to such wonderful reviews. I am back on the job and this engine is picking up steam... I am glad to know that the style that has developed through me is pleasing to your eyes...

03 March 2005
wonderful sketch man!! Really great start! CanŽt wait to see the models!
See ya!

03 March 2005
Love your style...

Great illustration! I'm assuming you are an Image comics fan? Very similar style (And is your logo a Shaman's Tears reference?) Well, good luck! I can't wait to see this heading into 3D

03 March 2005
Thanks guys. I have some new stuff coming here. I did two rough sketches of the scene and 3 drawings of the other characters in them. I am going to keep this focused around organics because I feel that is my strongest suit. The background I see as being next to the river styx leading from the door step of hell's keep. I see thousands of robed figures holding some form of glowing staff. I see skulls, fire and lava on baked cracked mud type earth. I see a spinning trail of spectars flowing out of Hell's Keep and swirling around Matilda Mistress of Madness (Vampire). I see Gutter the sadistic glutten standing behind towering over some of the robed individuals. I see Mankind, the serial killer granted a immortality of murder with his hooks spinning around his body. I see the three servent Cylee's one with a sitting with a gag in her mouth, one standing with blinders on her eyes and one croched over in pain holding her ears shrieking as they each divine the outcome of the conquest at the threshold of the Da'ath (doorway between dimensions).

stevesherrin - I love the old school stuff. I was actually hired by Image comics back in 96. But I was too young and my parents forbid me from moving across the country to work for them... geez what a burn early on... :( But yes I love the master... Jim / Jae Lee, Sam Kieth, Frank Miller, Whilce Portacio (spelling) but the artist whom started my love was B.W. Smith!!!

As for the logo it actually came from a girlfriends mother who claimed I was RA the sun god prince in a past life.. I know that sounds fruity, not that I believe her but I noticed that RA had the same initials as my changed name Richard Alexander, so I changed RA's symbol to my true name Alaric and wrote the name in fancy characters laid on top of each other. If you look closely enough you can see the entire name Alaric in the symbols.

03 March 2005
haha! Hello Richard! Good to see you here. I hope you will manage to finish all 5d.. hard work is to be done here I'm with you. For now you got great sketches, and nice ideas.. and more to come...

So I'm waiting for your next move

03 March 2005
hey hey, its great to see you too man. I love that so many from the last challenge are back in this. Should be fun!

03 March 2005
Concept Sketch: Colored Rough Sketch

Here is a very rough color test of the scene I have in mind. I kept it very loose and rough because I needed to do single image that are more refined that I will post here when I finish.

03 March 2005
Very interesting! I am getting case ideas here. I am especially liking the development of the "war blades"!

The strands of hair on cylee are a great idea and a great detail.

Your getting a good start.

Thread Closed share thread