Master and Servant 3D Entry: vincent guibert

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: vincent guibert

vincent guibert has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: My best friend is 50 years older than me

Maybe my last image post. I think I've finished it. Anyway Comment are always welcome and maybe I'll change something. I thank everybody in the challenge and have been really happy to participate at what was my first challenge.
Good luck for everybody. I'll stay in the challenge but just as a viewer.

On next posts I tell some words on the story and some on the artistic intentions.

I edit the post to add stroy on the 1st page : so

some words on story :

First I forgot the title. It's no good in the challenge page. So it's : "My best friend is 50 years older than me"

I wanted to make a master and servant where the fact to serve someone can be something happy. I also wanteed to show that the master can made some effort for his servant, maybe much that him.

So finally I decided the story about a little girl living in a huge old house with servant... This little girl has a servant who specially take care of her and her "reclamations".

This servant was a very traditionnal guy with many principles of life. Normally he's a little severe. But he has been touch by this little girl so cute and serve her is something he loves so he can be more decontracted in some moments. For him, serve this girl is the best job of his life, it's a happy thing to serve.

For the girl I just wanted to show the naive aspect of the fact to be the master; She's the master, she had all she wants but does she know the servant is paied for it ?? For her, he's just a friend, her best friend. Someone to play with.

Action : When the servant shout there were ice cream for her, the little girl (our master) was so happy to have such a friend that she run as fast as she can, disturbing all the house, to jump and make him the biggest calin she can. The servant was surprised, emu and amused by this action. Never mind for the mess...

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Last edited by authentic : 05 May 2005 at 09:55 AM.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: first sketch

Ok here's the idea. A very big servant in a rch falimy. he have to be here for the little girl of the family. there like them each other. It's more a picture about innocene (for the girl) and pleasure to serve someone (for the.. servant).

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 03 March 2005   #3
this sounds like a cool concept. ur a good 3d artist to with nifty ideas so im keen to see what u come up with

good luck

Old 03 March 2005   #4
thanks tilite. I just hope i'll got the time to make what I want. I often do rough things but there are so much great artist in the comp thaht I must go higher in my work. And I don't have so much time.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Concept Sketch: new sketch. More details for servant

Here's a new sketch of the servant. There are again many things to think about. Hope I'll be able to put a start of modeling in several hours.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Talking

your right u dont have much time. the servant... he looke like a very 'interesting' kinda guy. have u got a sketch of the sceen? how many characters are u going to have showing? what are the chances of u getting a extremly rough almost diagramatic sketch up in the next half hour?

lol to many Q's lol

Old 03 March 2005   #7
Now lets flesh those ideas out. Looking forward to seeing more.

Old 04 April 2005   #8
Concept Sketch: new sketch new way

And the servant has change another time. The 1st sketch was ok for me at first but afterall it was very very near of an old character I made. So I wanna try another. The 2nd one was....uurghh. At first I found it not bad. And I tried to model it but...then it didn't work.
One reason : it wasn't me, my style. It was too classic, too normal. I always do bizarre people, unproportionnal character. These one.. I like it one hour and when I saw it later I hate it.

So here's the 3rd attempt. More "illogical" but not sure it's the good one. If it doesn't work, I stop. But I'm optimist. With some amelioration it could be ok.

As he's not eiher a big/strong guy but a very thin one, the aim of the picture change. And now he doesn't carry the girl but he can crouch for a kiss or maybe he stay as on the picture and the little girl jump to his neck or bring his leg between his arms.

Comment and ...help :)

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 04 April 2005   #9
Modeling: body modeling

So I choose the last version to begn anew (and better) modeling. I'm pretty happy of it. Of course he has no head for the moment, but it's the next step. On the body I have to work on the pelvis and the longer of the arms. The suit will be more detailled.

Wait for commentary. Good luck at all.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 04 April 2005   #10
i like it. very nice design.

Old 04 April 2005   #11
haha this is cool, im so glad u changed ur design this is such a playgul character he is great.

im impressed... keet it commin

Old 04 April 2005   #12
Nice caricature!!! Waiting for the head....
good luck!!!

Old 04 April 2005   #13
Modeling: modeling head

Well. Working on the head. Not a real success for the moment. Anyway I think I will remade it using this one as an example for volume.
As usual, comments are aprreciated.

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Old 04 April 2005   #14
great body on that figure, maby some tweaks on head, its almost there,only the last dot over the i is needed, cheking in later, see you and

Old 04 April 2005   #15
Concept Sketch: head new design

As I have to rework the head, I have made a new, better concept. Hope I 'll be able to model it (modeling is a really hard stuff for me :)

Vincent

monstrorama
website
blog

Thread Closed share thread