CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVII - Master and Servant - 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 04-15-2005, 09:03 AM   #61
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

hi Ryan.........this is a nice job on the baby head......there are a couple being done in this challenge,and both are real nice.not to common to see....really doing a nice job here,,,,,I'll check in again as you move forward,and wish you further good luck......See you then.....

Old 04-15-2005, 11:22 AM   #62
Tremoside
Seven

portfolio
Mark E. Seljan
Designer
Budapest, Hungary

Hey it's a nice modelin flow. good to look at! Rock on mate!

Old 04-15-2005, 02:44 PM   #63
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

DaddyMAck: ...And then they were bitter enemies ...J/K. No, as always thanks for the kind words mate. I am taking all of your comments to heart but, I am just trying to rough everything out before I go back and hit the little details (like gums or teeth). Actually tho, the reference pic I used to create the baby did not have either. It did however have its tounge partially sticking out so I think I will go that route (probably the eaisiest). As for my composition, I too hope I can get that started soon because I think it will really help illustrate my story better than any half assed explainations I have offered so far.

Virtuoso: Ah, I am honored you have offered such kind words for my piece....Yours is definately one of my favorites and your imput is very Welcome. It is kind of strange that so many children and babies have entered the scene for this challenge...I am hoping that mine are the only ones on the menu tho....I am not sure if that is good or bad however....

Tremoside: Again, your piece is also one of my favorites and I thank you for taking the time to check out my stuff. Also, I never thanked you for your mini UVW unwrap lesson. It made alot of sense and I will be sure to try it out soon.

I am relatively new to this field and every comment and criticism advances my knowledge and skill to some degree. CGnetworks is a wonderful place. This forum and this challenge are an invaluable lerning aid. Thanks to all!

Go then, there are other worlds than these...

Old 04-15-2005, 04:36 PM   #64
suk-grigorij
Lord of the posts
Grigorij Sukhov
Game artist
.dat
Yaroslavl, Russia

Send a message via ICQ to suk-grigorij Send a message via AIM to suk-grigorij Send a message via Yahoo to suk-grigorij
Very nice geometry of cloth on the baby. Texture is a bit stretchy in some places. But i am sure you'll fis that.

Cool. Good luck.

MY DWIII WIP

Old 04-15-2005, 08:20 PM   #65
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Comrade Sukhov: Ah, it seems as though most of my favorite artists have decided to visit my humble pages today.....Thank you for your comments, I really do admire your work and hopefully I will have something much bigger to show soon. And yes you caught me with my stretchy texture...It was just better than 'grey.' Hopefully it will be much better for the final. Thanks again. Cheers mate!

Old 04-15-2005, 08:27 PM   #66
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

I think after the challenge you and the other challengers baby can have a baby fight-off.......a nice action scene..... ...

It's a fresh concept,and your doing a real nice job,keep it up just as you are.......See you as you move forward......

Old 04-15-2005, 08:56 PM   #67
smaddl
grownupbaby

smadar
Israel

hi rynomyte
very nice baby. Virtuoso made me laugh suggesting baby fight-off.

Old 04-15-2005, 10:06 PM   #68
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Talking Now Placing Bets.....

hahahahahahaha! Baby fight...YES! As soon as the little tyke wakes up it's all comers welcome. LET'S GET IT ON!

How can something so wrong feel so right?

Old 04-15-2005, 10:08 PM   #69
overcontrast
gone nuts for good!

portfolio
Zubuyer Kaolin
Dhaka, Bangladesh

the baby model looks awesome.. very well done.. keep up the good works...i'm liking it

Old 04-16-2005, 05:19 AM   #70
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Hmmm....I think I just discovered I'm no good at rigging. This may take a while...

Old 04-16-2005, 05:37 AM   #71
Wandddo
Know-it-All

Evandro de Moraes
digital sculptor
SP, Brazil

Hi man! Really cool model the baby... I liked a lot the forms and clothes too, congrats and keep on going friend

see you...

Master and Servant 3D Entry

Portfolio

Old 04-16-2005, 07:34 AM   #72
alexfalchi
Welcome to ZBrush.it

portfolio
Alessandro Falchi
AfaStudio
Siracusa, Italy

grghr Nice nice!! rynomyte nice work really friend!!

Alex.

Old 04-16-2005, 09:06 AM   #73
Neeno
The Name's Poly, Poly-Gon

portfolio
Marcel Harfouche
Gamer
Sydney, Australia

Send a message via MSN to Neeno
hey there ryan.. dude im sorry i didnt reply to your thread earlier.. great work and progress so far with everything you have done.. i particuarily love your idea for the challenge... and your modeling has met my love for your concept half way.. your creatures and the baby look fantastic.. i love the way you modeled the cloth wrapped around the baby. Landscape looks great too.. i have no crits for i've liked everything you've done so far.. Great work dude!! Your flying right through this challenge

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 04-18-2005, 04:17 AM   #74
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

overcontrast: Thanks...glad you like it

Wandddo: Again, thanks! It was my first time for baby modeling and cloth modeling...I guess they are turning out alright.

alexfalchi: Thank you my friend...your comments are always appreciated.

Neeno: Glad you like what you see...My progress has slowed down a bit but more to come soon. (I hope!)

I have spent a good deal of the weekend rigging and adjusting the skin weights on my master character (a pain) . Again it was really the first time I have spent any real time working with skin weights. Come to think of it, this challenge is causing me to do alot of things for the first time....I have also been trying to come up with a good pose and camera angle. The pose I am pretty sure of but as far as the angle for my final composition...well, I am having trouble. No matter what I've got I will post the result for crits tomorrow...I want one more evening to try and work something out. Hang in there....

Old 04-18-2005, 10:01 AM   #75
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by smaddl
hi rynomyte
very nice baby. Virtuoso made me laugh suggesting baby fight-off.

Yes.....I will be the promoter......Now thats a show for the ages.......fight off....you can create a nice little scene,a boxing ring for babies...and then take the final fight-off to the finished gallery.....front page for sure......brute can be the referee....

Thread Closed share thread