Master and Servant 3D Entry: Ryan Harrison

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #46
Hah, your last post made me laugh out loud man, Cheers

BTW Cindy (my 'innocent' girl char) scares the bejeezus outta me, everything else has been just fun stuff... Humanity, and capturing a human emotion, the struggle of one mind, blahblahblah is going to be the real challenge for all of us I think... Stick with it man, you'll get there

'reality is stranger than fiction'

too true...

Keep it coming on strong my friend

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 04 April 2005   #47
cool models and idea keep it up

Old 04 April 2005   #48
Fun With Babies

Ok, I actually made some progress with my baby modeling but, it is not quite show worthy yet...So, it will have to wait till tomorrow evening. At least the face should be ready. This one will be wrapped in a cloth as the master cradles it so the body should not be too difficult to create. And any others will be further in the background so they should be pretty easy (I hope). I hate Babies!

Thanks for the support all! Soon...Very soon.......

Go then, there are other worlds than these...

Old 04 April 2005   #49
Up up up mate!!!

Old 04 April 2005   #50
Modeling: Its baby time!

Ok, so here's the little guy finally. He still has some problem areas but most of his head will be covered by the blanket/rags he will be wraped in so most of those issues will be obscured. I still need to work a bit on the outside corners of the eye/cheek area and down near the chin. The shader is just a test but its close... crits and comments alway welcome. And if anyone can tell me why Mental Ray is trying to reveal my wire frame when I started using the SSS Fast Skin Shader that would be awesome (You can really see it in the side shot). Thanx!

Old 04 April 2005   #51
Modeling: Get in my belly!

Heres a slightly better angle. Whatcha think?

Old 04 April 2005   #52
Thumbs up

Good concept and great modeling, i´m looking for updates

Old 04 April 2005   #53
Hey rynomyte, great update! Your babe is off to a sweet start. I think his outer nostrils may be a bit wide and mybe his toplip could be a bit plumper...Really minor details tho, I think you pretty much nailed it man.

With the wierdness in your rendering...I'm hoping maya is weapon of choice...You may have a duplicate model or the residual shape node from a previous incarnation still connected to your current model...Open Hypergraph (windows>hypergraph) with babe head selected, press 'f' to locate the model, in the menu bar somewhere...sorry sleepy... show up and downstream connections. Have a look at what you've got connected and (file saved of course) start deleting anything that doesn't look like it belongs....

Good luck Ryan

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 04 April 2005   #54
This looks like its carved out of wax!
Real nicwe model,.... maybe the top lip could be a bit fuller.
Great stuff!

Old 04 April 2005   #55
Hooo terder love!!....ehehe nice nice keep it up is very nice!!

Old 04 April 2005   #56
Maxter, Thanx for the kind words. Hpopefully more updates soon...

DaddyMack, yeah you pretty much hit on the other problem areas. I will be fixing those as I work on the body. I should have the body done tonight I hope. I have never modeled cloth before (he is wrapped in a blanket) but it seems to be going ok. I may also have him reaching out with one exposed arm and I'm not sure if that will be done tonight too but we will see.
As far as my rendering issue, sorry I am using Max, I seemed to have fixed it by just merging the elements I really needed (head, lights, material etc.) into a fresh scene. It has worked so far anyway. So, I was going to ask you what package you are using but I guess by your answer it is Maya. I have only recently begun in the world of 3D and Max is just what I have learned on. I would like to check out some other packages just to compare but I have not even seen any others in person yet. Anyway, thanks for the support and I will post again soon. Cheers mate!

Old 04 April 2005   #57
Originally Posted by Kanga: This looks like its carved out of wax!
Real nicwe model,.... maybe the top lip could be a bit fuller.
Great stuff!

Kanga, thanx for the crits. I should be fixing the lip issue tonight

Old 04 April 2005   #58
Originally Posted by alexfalchi: Hooo terder love!!....ehehe nice nice keep it up is very nice!!

Alex, thanks for the kind words. I try and do my best. Poor little guy, he's never gonna know what hit him. Cheers mate!

Old 04 April 2005   #59
Modeling: Full Metal Baby

Ok, so here is a start to my wraped up baby. I think this is about as far as I should go on modeling the blanket because the master will be holding him in his arms and I need to know where the cloth interacts with his arm and how it should really drape. So, next step is to finish rigging and pose the master..Tomorrow, tomorrow theres always tomor.........sorry. Anyway, this is really my first attempt a modeling cloth and is only a start so please be kind. If my luck holds out I may have a good deal of the composition laid out sometime this weekend and ready for approval. Thanks to all for the support!

Old 04 April 2005   #60
Hey rynomyte, looking really good for a max user...Ducks flying punches from the max community... All the Apps do just about the same thing mate, and once you get good at one it seems pretty easy to port to other apps. Keep it up man!! Maybe the baby would like some gums or a coupla teeth?

Can't wait to see your composition laid out

Good luck mate!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Thread Closed share thread