CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVII - Master and Servant - 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 03-28-2005, 04:21 AM   #1
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Master and Servant 3D Entry: Ryan Harrison

Ryan Harrison has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: H.I.M.

Ok, after what seems an extremely long time, here it is at last! Of course there are a ton of things I wish I could have done to this but overall I am proud of it and just happy that I got it done on time. I would just like to say thank you to CGTalk for putting on such a great event that brings together such a diverse crowd of talented and helpful artists from around the world. This has been a huge learning experience for me and has caused me to do alot of things for the first time. I also want to thank everyone who commented on my thread...no matter what was said, it all helped in the end. I don't think I could have gotten it done without the support of the community. Thanks! Now, good luck to everyone!
And, as promised, here is my story:

The year is 2076 and the world as we know it no longer exists. The Planet has been poisoned and Mankind is near the brink of extinction. World wide war has destroyed most of the environment and driven the few surviving humans deep underground....but we are not the only things to have survived...

Just before The End, great strides were made in the field of genetic mutation and cloning. The United States led the world in this controversial research with it's cross species genetic mutation and cloning program. Dr. Heinrich, the project leader, was a brilliant man years ahead of his time. He was a pioneer in his field and directly responsible for project: H.I.M. (Human Inter-species Mutation), a military funded program to develop a new breed of super soldier designed to excel in all areas of combat. Early attempts at merging human and various animal and insect DNA gave life to terrible, slobbering abominations, most of which were destroyed or died shortly after birth. It seemed that project: H.I.M. might never be realized. That is until, in his frustration, Dr. Heinrich defied all common sense and logic by secretly pushing ahead with his experiments using his own DNA as the template for this unholy life. And soon, project: H.I.M. was a success. But the thing which was created, H.I.M., was a creature so vile, so cunning, so evil, so full of hate that it had to be locked away in a secret government facility beneath the New Mexico desert for maximum containment and further development. Bioengineering teams fitted H.I.M. with a state of the art bio-fueled, arm mounted, flame canon and various other biomechanical upgrades. The successful merging of Heinrich's DNA with that of a spider and a crab were the building blocks for H.I.M. and the results were terrible to behold....the speed of the spider, the hard outer shell of the crab, cyberneticly enhanced body and the stunningly brilliant intellect of Henrich himself amounted to the perfect killing machine. Hate and revenge were the only emotions which seemed to be present in H.I.M. He endured their tests, alone in the darkness, waiting, plotting until one day...

The End...Skies darken, the Earth trembles....Man's killing machines have been set loose on Mother Earth. Humanity is nearly lost.... only a few now remain seeking shelter in the bowels of the Earth. Yet, there are other things lurking in the darkness of the eternal night.... In the chaos of the nuclear attacks He is freed....The facility now belongs to H.I.M. Years have passed and all of the other inhabitants of the facility are either fled, or dead. Most died horrible deaths at the hand of H.I.M. in retribution. Yet the loneliness is a terrible foe.....Driven by the human need for companionship and fueled by the terrible gift of a superior intellect full of the knowledge of life, the process of creation begins again....Using the advanced technology contained within the facility, He begins the task of creating H.I.M. by first staging raids on the scattered human groups for fresh, untainted DNA and then combining his own with these stolen treasures. Many failures he endures, vaguely reminiscent of Heinrich's own early defeats. But as we watch, He reaches into the incubation chamber and grabs a mass of swirling blue fabric....Success! He thrusts his first born high into the air. There is a new Master. The reign of man is drawing to a close...Soon the world belongs to H.I.M.!

Go then, there are other worlds than these...

Last edited by rynomyte : 04-25-2005 at 11:20 AM.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:21 PM   #2
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Concept Sketch: Rough Layout Sketch

This is a very rough sketch just trying to get the general layout of the composition. The final image will be looking over the masters shoulder to give an inside glimpse of this creatures cave. While he appears to be nurturing the infant in the foreground, the rest of his servant children are cleaning the cave and also are preparing the nights feast (and the most unlucky ones are the main course).

Old 04-04-2005, 10:41 PM   #3
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Concept Sketch: Master Character Sketches

These are concept sketches of the master character. He is a spider human hybrid, slash zombie cyborg. He raises human children as his servants and livestock. He has one humanoid arm for his left and an integrated flamethrower for his right.

Old 04-04-2005, 10:43 PM   #4
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Concept Sketch: More sketches

Here are just a few more sketches of the master. Time to get modeling!

Old 04-04-2005, 11:05 PM   #5
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Modeling: Leg

Here is the modeled leg. Also I have posted the wire. He will eventually have six of these legs.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:34 PM   #6
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Texturing: Leg Texture WIP

This is just a texture test but it should give a general idea of what kind of fleshtone I am going for. The head and body models to follow soon.

Old 04-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #7
Neliox
Veteran

Longin Lionel
unemployed
France

Wow!

Nice texture, good job man

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=224045

Old 04-06-2005, 03:47 AM   #8
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Modeling: Master Model

The Master model as it nears completion.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:49 AM   #9
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Another full body angle.

Old 04-06-2005, 03:51 AM   #10
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Yet another one...

Old 04-06-2005, 03:56 AM   #11
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

OK...Last one for now. The master model is almost complete. His head will be a jawless skull supported by cables. I should have that ready soon. Please, any Comments or Crits are more than welcome. Thanx.

Old 04-06-2005, 07:55 AM   #12
manjang
Frequenter

portfolio
Paiboon Jirapradupwong
Animator
Bangkok, Thailand

Send a message via MSN to manjang
Talking

Great work!!! Goodluck man!!!

Old 04-06-2005, 08:18 AM   #13
Gall
Veteran

portfolio
Attila Gall
3d art,nuke artist,
North London, United Kingdom

Send a message via MSN to Gall
Huh!

Thats great!!!
Im scared a bit!

Keep on..its gona be fine!!

My servant:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=226450

Old 04-06-2005, 12:52 PM   #14
rynomyte
From the line of Eld...

portfolio
Ryan Harrison
3D Artis
ZVerse
West Columbia, USA

Talking

Thanks for the encouragement! This is my first challenge (and my first submission period). More updates to follow soon...

Old 04-06-2005, 04:53 PM   #15
grooshka
in LW we trust...

portfolio
Artur Gruszka
2D|3D Artist
Bielsko-Biala, Poland

Thumbs up

nice model and great tex on leg! it really gives me the creeps in such an early stage. i wonder... what if everything will be finished?

second-life-syndrome

Thread Closed share thread