Master and Servant 3D Entry: Louis Jay Browne

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Louis Jay Browne

Louis Jay Browne has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: Evil Spirit Vers.2

I had more success, in 3dsmax. The mesh turned out much tighter, plus I was able to add details which where a nightmare to add in zbrush. :)

Last edited by LouisBrowne : 03 March 2005 at 05:55 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Originally Posted by Louis J. Browne: Louis Jay Browne has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

YO!
Good luck my friend.

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Concept Sketch: Armours Keeper of Evil

A man of many secrets, yet a Hero for his many feats & accomplishments, beyond his land*
He now sets out to confront a great evil that has befallen his land & people... though armed with an even greater evil.

This armour feeds on the souls of living evils. Each time it\\\'s used it changes the wearer & gains a tiny bit of influence and control over the bearer. Though aware of itís effects, our hero arrogance and selfish claims to glory have made him ignorant to this, and though he tries not to use it, he never leaves it at home :p

Old 03 March 2005   #4
That sounds cool!
But I want to see at least 1 monkey in there. evil preferably. You know what I'm like with monkeys.

Old 03 March 2005   #5
really really cool concept image, i love it. . . this looks really good so far, i cant wait to see some modelling

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Wat-up Monkey Boy!? Thought I'd enter the 3D challenge even though I'm getting into my 2D again. I'm loving whacking out ideas quickly & digital painting them up... but my love of it, don't mean I got any skillz in it!! Man, I've been hanging out at conceptart, and even most of those guys sketches would gracefully pooh over my best 2D final offering, so I'm sticking to what I know best, & gonna 3D this mofo!! And dude leave those nano-bitsy-thingys outta your image. Gimmie a call... (after 8pm or I'll still be sleeping < Just finished a 2 day partying sess!! Zzzz

tdawg217: Very Very kind words! Hopefully the modeling will be more than ok too. Though sorry buddy there ain't gonna be any modeling for at least a week!! I intend to flesh out this motha 2d style first. I work 20X faster if the design stage is 100% done already.

So glad someone posted. With the two gazillion posts, I'm surprised people can be bothered to post that much!!

Suggestion admins: let the public rate each thread and then show them on the view page accordingly to there public ratings!! but let the viewed rating be rounded to the nearest whole number, so not to give away who is most likely to win!!

I guess this also would be easier for you also to monitor the competition.

Cheers boys

Now for some sleep

Old 03 March 2005   #7
Interesting concept, and your sketch is a piece of art by itself! Good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #8
Concept Sketch: Colour Concepts

I'm not happying with the direction the monsters gone in this concept, I wish to employ some of the weirdness in the rough sketch. I still need to play around with it. Not sure if it should be an abstrast-blobby-Arira-like monster; many individual monsters; or one monster with many heads?!
This armor is a development sketch, I'll scan in a more final version I have lying around, when mother brown comes home so I can use the scanner^

I need to chance his pose too... It's currently to stiff and dull

Old 03 March 2005   #9
Hey I like "wierdness" too.

Good Luck

MY DWIII WIP

Old 03 March 2005   #10
Yeah, thanks Mikey

suk-grigorij: yeah your right, I'll try. But man, itís hard to describe weirdness in clarity or more clearly without losing itís weirdness! But here goes>>

Old 03 March 2005   #11
great sketch !!!

good 2d.. heheh waiting for more !
c ya !

Old 03 March 2005   #12
Hey, I like those sketches man. I quite like the idea for the armour too, although i'm not keen on the colour (a bit "He-man"). I wonder if the armour could be more fleshy coloured in places? and perhaps even some shell areas (maybe like a beetle shell texture?)

i am liking that monsters face Though is does remind me of the Rancor from return of the jedi a little bit.

oh and... guess what arrived today my man!

Last edited by JMcWilliams : 03 March 2005 at 08:09 AM.

Old 04 April 2005   #13
The concept is looking very powerful so far. I love the idea of the armour being a living entity in itself, and I think the purple and the green works well. I'd agree with you on making the pose more dramatic, it will really bring the whole thing alive. Like the way its going though!

Old 04 April 2005   #14
Right on

Right on... ok, so I gave my age away-smile. Seriously, I had to drop in. I highly appreciated you dropping in on my post and recieving the kind suggestions/comments. On your image, strange, very strange. But, I mean that in a very 'awsome' strange way. For instance, Zepyhri mentions the likeing of the armour being a living entity, have to agree. Keep that for sure. I can actually see that concept working into a a dark sci-fi movie. And of course, loving the coloring. Man, can't wait to see this in 3D, I know it is just going to be wild.
As you told me, I too in return, will be here from time to time. I like what ya got going on.
Best.

Dragondragon

My Master and Servant 2D enterance:
http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=222625

Old 04 April 2005   #15
Ps

Just had to get this in: Strange thing is, early on, I had seen your image and came to your post to view more. At that time I was going to post (come back to your link and post some comments), but got caught up in other posts as well. I was going to come back, cause I really like the style you have going on. But, then you posted at my link and when I clicked on your link, there was the image/images I had seen before and liked. In other words, I did not know YOU were one of the artist here that I had originaly intended to post with. And yet, here you came and posted at mine. Hum, wondering-smile.
If none of this makes any sense, don't be concered-smile. Simply what I am trying to say is, I like your style-smile.

Thread Closed share thread