Master and Servant 3D Entry: Stephen Sherrin

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
suggestions

Originally Posted by stevesherrin: Stephen Sherrin has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: Composition1

Here's an approximate layout of the 2 main characters. STill have to do the scene and background characters. ANy critiques suggestions? I appreciate it

He stephen,

thanks for you're tips and all, realy gonna try. You asked for suggestions...?
I'de make the slave a bit less musculaer and his clothes a little more "worked" (torn and stuff)
Some bruises would look good. (on him that is) but the moddels look stunning.
Can't wanit to see the enviroment.

jim

04 April 2005
Texturing: Dirty and worn

I've tried to take everyone's suggestions into account, and this is the result so far. Changed the weapon to a whip, torn, tattered and dirtied slave clothes, and added some blood and bruising to the slave. I'm not sure I like the bloody nose (it might be a bit much), but think I will add more bruising, scrathes. What do you think? And is this a bit better?

04 April 2005
improvement

Originally Posted by stevesherrin:

I've tried to take everyone's suggestions into account, and this is the result so far. Changed the weapon to a whip, torn, tattered and dirtied slave clothes, and added some blood and bruising to the slave. I'm not sure I like the bloody nose (it might be a bit much), but think I will add more bruising, scrathes. What do you think? And is this a bit better?

The bloody nose is a bit too much i guess, haha...the clothes are realy good now.
He looks more like a slave then he did before. Instead of the bloody nose try giving him a few lashes on his body...some old ones like scarmarks of the whip and fresh one like redness.

Still looks good, like the composition.

jim

04 April 2005
Texturing: Update

Got rid of bloody nose and added some scarring to chest and forehead(Think the chest may need brighter welts... The scars llok very realistic in the texture, but I can barely see them on the rendered model.. Agree?)

04 April 2005
try this

Got rid of bloody nose and added some scarring to chest and forehead(Think the chest may need brighter welts... The scars llok very realistic in the texture, but I can barely see them on the rendered model.. Agree?)

Yes you ARE right my friend. The scarring can't be seen in the rendered image, maybe some overdone bumpmapping will help...may loo awfull in your scene but could look great in the rendered image. Or else try to lighten his skintone a little...may help a bit.
I'm out for today tough. i'm gonna have dinner and then head over to the gym to work my lazy computerbody, haha. good luck with your slave.

jim

BTW....what program are you useing?

04 April 2005
Modeling: Updated textures

Fixed the scar textures on the slave

04 April 2005
Modeling: Landscape

I've started working on the landscape for my scene. I'm not very good at scenery/outdoor landscapes, so any critiques, suggestions, or tutorials you could point me to would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

04 April 2005

I've started working on the landscape for my scene. I'm not very good at scenery/outdoor landscapes, so any critiques, suggestions, or tutorials you could point me to would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

The sand texture on the ground is a little streched out...am i correct? fix that and you've got a flawless base for an outdoor scene....i'de add some camels or little lizzards ands snakes....some palm-tree leaves on the ground or old carts from nomads.....maybe a tent in the back or so....just suggestions....

jim,

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?p=2171052#post2171052

04 April 2005
Lighting: Scene

Now I could use some major advice... I'm getting to the point I'm not sure where I should go from here... Thinking about maybe changing the lighting scheme to a stormy day to add tension to the scene, although being a desert scene, not sure how that would play. Also could use some advice on the current lighting as well as opinions on the overall scene composition. I would greatkly appreciate any help/comments/critiques/suggestions!

04 April 2005
Maybe you should try to move light to the left, for example (or maybe to he top-left corner)? I think that storm would't fit here..I like the modelling! But you need to work on textures more (I'm sure they're not finished yet)

05 May 2005
Rendering: Render

Changed my lighting to a more moody sky, and here's the final colors

05 May 2005
Post Effects and Compositing: Final - Post

Didn\\\'t do much post work... just adjusted contrast and brightness a bit

07 July 2005
Nice model, but an inaccurate depiction.

Y'see, the early Egyptians (and founders of civilization) were all Black. Many slaves of the Egyptians either migrated or were exiled to a much colder climate, the Caucus Mountains. There, due to the drastic change in climate, these slaves lost skin pigmentation and were and are still refered to as Caucassions. With the knowledge gained from the Egyptian kings, their Caucasian counter-parts built the empire of Greece. But don't feel bad, you're not the only one. Many people are ignorant to these facts for it is a very widespread misconception that Egypt isn't part of Africa and that "Whites," (despite the extremly tropical region) were occupying Africa before the actual African people did. Go figure, eh!

Thread Closed share thread