Master and Servant 3D Entry: Laeticia Freger

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #61
heya

not bad dude.. my 2cents - move the eyes /slighty closer together, and reduce the eyebrow ridge on the side of the head
hope it helps a bit.
you've set out on quite a challenging project, keep working at it and it'll payoff

THE HEIST // SPECTACULAR 3D
WISH LIST // MASTER AND SERVANT CHALLENGE

Old 03 March 2005   #62
Hey, nice job!!! I think the period you've chosen is very appropriate to the challenge theme.
And the mood direction you've been take is just splendid.
I,m really eager to see it done.
By the way. Could you visit my challenge thread? It's just too lonely in there, and I think you can give me a help about my challenge concept.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...s+Master+curves

Although I think you don't need it, Good luck!!!

Old 03 March 2005   #63
if i may correct your work a bit...
i guess u concentrate very much on making quad pollys. It is important but it is not the MOST important. especialy if you are not going to rig the face. help yourself in sticking to anatomy by creating pollys that follow it ( and if by the way they are quad that is even better )

kru

Old 03 March 2005   #64
Ho leaticia !

i don't know u have begining a thread

Good luck !

Old 03 March 2005   #65
Mesh is good, but you have little problem with shape.
I advice do some resarch on shape of head (and neck).
It is always good to do some anatomy study, draw scull in misc views, and muscles of face. When you will be know these things you will do correct shape automatic.

You can find some anatomy pics in this artcle (but in my opinion they are too small):
http://www.cgchannel.com/news/viewf...d=3911&pageid=0

Old 03 March 2005   #66
I could'nt add any more help than whats being given here laeticia......I think your pretty close.......I do love the passion and entusiasm you have...this will take you far......Just keep hammering away..... ......like the rest of us........Best of luck to you.it'll come quick for you,not far now .........

Old 03 March 2005   #67
Modeling: Master's Head

Here the new version of the Master\'s Head

Old 03 March 2005   #68
Looks much better allready I think the main thing that is holding you back from making the shapes you want is the topology. http://www.freds3d.com/wip/face-topology.jpg
This way it follows the muscles and shape of the face. Editing your face will be much easier.
Maybe this can help a bit. Keep moving on and you will learn quickly.

Good luck,

~ RRreinier
[+]
[+] [+] [+] [+]

Last edited by Reinier : 03 March 2005 at 05:47 PM.

Old 03 March 2005   #69
... i like the concept ... your second head is better than your first but you'll probably have to add more details make it better ... do you use a "gabarit" to model the head (face and side view) ?
...think you'll take lot's of pleasure with the ears (which is the part of the head i personnaly hate the more to do !!!) ... courage ... il y a un dicton qui dit "jamais deux sans trois" ... bientot une troisieme version de la tete ? ...

Old 03 March 2005   #70
Fred76 ---> For details it is foreseen, but I have some more evil with zbrush thats going to come I hope !

Otherwise yes I use “gabarits”, but its true that we would say that the character does not appear in a very realistic way !

For the third version, yes I think that there will be one !

Reinier --->
Thanks for the link, I try to follow many these muscles, but that never works !

Old 03 March 2005   #71
I feel for you - I joined challenge for same reason, and I am having a battle with my head, too. Bon chance, and just keep trying. (I am seeing polygons in my sleep).

Old 03 March 2005   #72
Hello, good update on that head. I think you can delete some edges. Try to follow the muscles with the mesh.

Enter here and you will see a good way to make a good face. Go to tuturiais and find edge loops. It is in portuguese but you can see the images and understand what im saying. http://www.d-3studio.com/principal.htm Good luck and dont give up.

Old 03 March 2005   #73
Oooooh Yes... surely a better way for this second head... the most important for a face modeling, is to knowing exactly where are the line of forces of the face. You can take a reference, and draw on the photo these lines to help you, these lines must follow the lines of the face, simply... Try to follow that, and I'm sure you must do somme progress very quickly...
But you can follow an another way, don't exists only one good maneer to do an head modeling... the better way is the one which permit you to obtain the best result, more easlily and more quickly...

Old 03 March 2005   #74
hey... nice going

model is goning nice so far wish you the best luck
keep the good working

[my M&S thread] [my alienware entry] [my Machineflesh entry ] [dahoom family (__)]

Old 03 March 2005   #75
Smile Hello !

I don't know what is the prog that you use, but you must know that Zbrush can help you for refine very easily an existant model!
It's like to sculpt clay ! And not a very hard way like the classics polygone by polygone
Bon courage

Last edited by Frenchy Pilou : 03 March 2005 at 01:38 PM.

Thread Closed share thread