Master and Servant 3D Entry: Amin Khan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2005
Modeling: littl progress

not much to show here, just keeping my thread alive :),im modelling the girls body first and then im going to clothe her, the reason for working this way is because i can try different costumes on her as im undecided as to her final outfit.

04 April 2005
Hi Amin, I like the girl's face She has a slightly petulent, slightly cross, slightly spoilt look to her that I think will work really well with the overall concept. Makes me think of Blake's "Tyger, tyger" this one.

04 April 2005
Modeling: victorian effect

just a little test trying to recreate that distinctive victorian era feel, though more experimentation will come after the modelling has finished.

04 April 2005
Modeling: shes armless

just some progress on the left arm, this arm will be holding the lead as per concept drawing, just posting my progress every night..ive worked on the rest of the body aswell, the shoes are almost done and i think i will be making her gown very soon..then will come the tiger.

04 April 2005
Modeling: clothes modellin

clothes were always gonna be tricky, i found that spline modeliing offered the easiest way.

04 April 2005
Modeling: getting dresses

gradually getting her dressed, many issues to resolve, head isnt affixed yet, as im not sure about her expression, may end up shortening her limbs aswell..maybe not. anyway i reckon she will be fully clothed by tommorow.

04 April 2005
Modeling: little girl

ive got a little ahead of myself as is my wont. just messing around with hair, the model of the girl is far from ready and will look a lot different/better. just thought id post this to give myself a better thumbnail before i dissapear for a while to get some hard modelling and texturing done, i will still keep an eye on the forum so any comments are welcome. thanks

04 April 2005
Looking good Amin, I think her head is just a might too large, not much in it but perhaps scale it a little with a bit more scaling in the y axis. Could you post with a black and amber stripe in the background? The dress being grey might recede when the tiger's colours are put in. I would go with a purple colour for the dress as that's the complimentary for yellow.

Great work anyway, bit of a demon worker once you get started

04 April 2005
cheers stoat mate,

lol, yeah the head may be a little large, please understand that the head still isnt affixed to the body and has just been imported from a seperate file and plonked on the body. im still toying with different expressions. good point about the colour of the dress, also an unresolved dilema which im going to have to tackle, infact im thinking of designing her another dress altogether. the hair is very bad, it was just a test, she will probably end up having curls.

hey, with all this cross-posting, between us we could manage to keep our threads near the top without having to pander to any sinister secret society---- i hear the initiation ceremonies can be a tad humiliating.

ps. i hereby state the the above remark was made in jest and do not beleive or encourage colusion with any other entrant in deliberating maintaining high ranking posts. phew! i think im off the hook.!

04 April 2005
You'll have to speak up, as I've gone deaf in one ear

04 April 2005
Ear, that deaf geezer says there's sinister groups afoot

04 April 2005
The facial features are impressive but imo the shape of the head is a bit strange, the forehead seems too large.

04 April 2005
I think I've twigged that uv mapper problem. What I was soing was saving to wavefront while the hypernurbs was on, so getting a very fine mesh. As low poly it should give me teh guide lines I want for painting.

05 May 2005
Good work

man, you're good with the pencil!
Try to redo the girl's hair, it's a litle like a "cloth"
good luck

My master & servant entry

05 May 2005
Texturing: girl

a skin texture made and applied to the little girl, proper eyes as well...still tweaking mind you.

Thread Closed share thread