Master and Servant 3D Entry: Amin Khan

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #16
Oh, I do like the close up version but I think you need to be able to see both of the tiger's eyes. As it is the cat looks rather aloof. It's a hunter that would never look at anything, other than face on.

Old 04 April 2005   #17
thanks again for the feedback stoat, much appreciated. the issue with the eyes is an interesting one, at the moment , yes it is profile so only one eye can be seen and that eye is shut. if the eye was open it would transform the image, the tiger would look much more threatining and the girl would be seen as prey, yet as it is the tiger could be playfully biting or even about to lick the girl. the image was more to convey what might begoing through the tigers mind as much as the little girl, who seems oblivious to her pet's motives.

Old 04 April 2005   #18
Ulp...this thread scares me...Must be my cat issues...ulp...

Hi 6foot5, great concept nutting so far, I think you nailed it with the toys shot, I'd run with it Good luck!

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 04 April 2005   #19
Hi Amin......Nice sketch work....I think the last is most compelling ....the contrst of the two is really apparent......It looks "dangerous".......

As for the fur with shag you are going to have to really follow the contours of the body....get those vectors pointing just right.....It will be a task for sure......I'll follow your progress....Hope to see you nail this on the head......Best of luck,and nice start.....

Old 04 April 2005   #20
thank you DaddyMack and Virtuoso, i feel im leaning towards the last sketch though if i dream of something else tonight, who knows?

im not looking forward to applying the fur, its gonna be a nightmare, but im commited to this piece now, and it will be a good learning experience for me!

Old 04 April 2005   #21
ok, keep your eyes peeled , yet another concept sketch comming up later tonight, different composition altogether....and this will be the final one

Old 04 April 2005   #22
Concept Sketch: my new pet

ok, here is the final concept, ive had a littel break and this is the composition i gonna go with. i can finnaly start modelling. phew.

Old 04 April 2005   #23
Nice....good to see you set to go Amin......it'll be a fun ride......the fur too will be fun to create with....I am doing quite my share with Max and hairFX for my entry.....So we can pull this through together.....have fun.....I'll keep an eye open for your updates.....

Old 04 April 2005   #24
hey virtuoso , thanks again mate, really appreciate the feedback and encouragemen!

ive settled upon the concept, for no other reason than it 'feels' right, ...oh and also i havnt much time left.

im just going to check into your thread again now, im keen to see how its progressing, ill be sure to quiz you if i have any questions regarding the fur! thanks.

Old 04 April 2005   #25
Hi again Amin, great choice...Very straight to the point of blurring that line between master and servant..
Good luck

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 04 April 2005   #26
Modeling: girls head

wire of girls head,

still much work to do but i thought i should post some progress, symetry mod still applied , im aware of the issues of where the two halves combine, i will clean this up once ive collapsed it.

Old 04 April 2005   #27

shaded version

Old 04 April 2005   #28

i modelled without a ref and was quite pleased with the way it came out, she looks alot like i had imagined ..perhaps she looks a bit older...but all in all i think i got that pensive/sad feeling in her face, the eyes are just placeholders at the mo.

Old 04 April 2005   #29
Hi! Good idea and good modeling for little girl face.

Old 04 April 2005   #30
thanks for your message! I was thunk that nobody send one to me...lol!

That's funny: we have the same picture, but yours is for children and mine for adults! lol

Thread Closed share thread