Master and Servant 3D Entry: Fernando Aracena

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #31
Texturing: New and improved skin texture and added detail

I fixed the skin following the advise and I think is looks better now. besides adding color and detail, I discovered that my antialias was blurring away much detail, so I lowered it.

I also fixed the nose.

The flying hair will probably be a post work.

I just discovered that there is a problem with the right thumb, so i am gonna fix it.

Many other little things have been added or fixed.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #32
Texturing: legs and feet

I fixed the shoe strings because I relized that they were too flat, added bump to the skin, added detail to the discman, changed the position of the knife so it can be seen now. I will add some detail to the bug's legs now, add some hair, and place them in such a way that the kid can use them to support himself and not fall down.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #33
Texturing: wasp wip and added detail

I will be addind the wings later today. I won't make them very detailed because I'll apply a strong motion blurr to fake movement. Basically, I'm after a model of wing that will look convincing when blurred, that's all.

I don't like the jeans very much. I will work on that also. Here is the added detail to the discman.

Several other minor changes have been made.

fer

Last edited by fer3d : 05 May 2005 at 02:06 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #34
Love it this one. Only one thing the bug is a little dark in my opinion.

Good luck for you.

Are you spanish Fernando??

Old 05 May 2005   #35
NOw it look too much better....the new texture of the wasp...and good work with the child...keeep working

Old 05 May 2005   #36
Texturing: scene with slight change of perspective

Victor and Carlos, thanks for your comments. I am from Bolivia.

Good luck to both of you!

I think this perspective is better. I will add a very strong motion blur to the background in post, suggesting that the motion is downwards. That was the idea when I positioned the head looking down. Kind of a rollercoaster sensation.

fer

Last edited by fer3d : 05 May 2005 at 04:22 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #37
Hey thats nice Fernando......... Nice touch,and well done......executed well and done in a nice fashion....I'll look in again as you near the finish......real good job here....interesting too.......

Old 05 May 2005   #38
Cool

Hola....oye deveras que luce muchisimo mejor y me gusta bastante el fondo, el efecto de difuminado es muy bueno....
Por que no tratas de hacerle el cabello alborotado, pues se supone que esta volando no?
como si el movimiento del vuelo y elviento se lo sacudiera. Bueno....es solo una sugerencia

Old 05 May 2005   #39
very sweet image. great work

Old 05 May 2005   #40
Texturing: face improvements

I reduced the width of the eyebrows and eyelashes, which looked too black and unrealistic.

I also fixed the thumb.

fer

Last edited by fer3d : 05 May 2005 at 01:24 PM.

Old 05 May 2005   #41
Samddl, thank you very much, you are very kind. This encouragement gives me extra energy and patience to work in the last days of the challenge.

Rodrigo, meu caro amigo brasileiro, thanks for the advise on the skin, which pointed me in the right direction and made a big difference.

Thank you Michael, you are very kind also. I will be uploading the final image late saturday or early sunday.

Melkao, hola compadre, tengo previsto hacer la mayor parte del cabello alborotado en post. Sólo dejaré el cabello actual como guia dándole movimiento hacia atrás. En cuanto al fondo tengo intenciones de darle una fuerte borrosidad de movimiento hacia la izquierda y abajo para reforzar la velocidad del vuelo.
(In case you are wondering, Melkao suggested more motion for the hair, and I explained that I plan to do it in post, as well as motion-blurring the background.

Victor: I tried a lighter wasp (thank you for the advise) but was not very successful. The thing is, I tried to make mine look really mean and dangerous. Right now, it is the combination of two wasps I caught in my garden, the inspiration lend by some highly detailed wasps I found in a google search, and my idea of something like Alien, the eight passenger, bursting out of a wasp. All together in one mean bug.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #42
Modeling: Hair for the wasp update

The wasp has now a furry head, back and legs.

Old 05 May 2005   #43
Modeling: 1st attempt at the wings

The wasp and kid are now really airborne! I don't like the black edges of the wings but I think this is OK for a first try. I will intensify the shines and reflexes, get rid of some of that black frame thing and see what happens.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #44
Post Effects and Compositing: First try at post

I am planning to add some motion blur to the characters also, even at the expense of sharpnes. I find 3d images too "perfect" for my taste. I usually mess them up a little bit here and there to make them look more realistic.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #45
Modeling: The scene so far

Wings in place, need work. I expect to have finished wings by tomorrow.
fer

Thread Closed share thread