Master and Servant 3D Entry: Fernando Aracena

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2005   #16
Thumbs up

Congrats my boliviano tocayo!

I agree 2 in the idea of transparent wings... and maybe some fur in the legs...
keep on rockin'!

Old 05 May 2005   #17
Arlutik: Thanks man, I still have to work on the bug, but your comments are very encouraging. I love your entry also.

Melcao, JR Braz, Mosconariz, thanks guys, I'll be making the wings more transparent and fixing the texture soon. I will also add more detail as time allows. Right now I am busy working on the child, and I'll post the model soon!

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #18
Modeling: child modelled

I have been modelling the child.

There are 2 versions because I haven't decided about the clothing yet. First, this is a detail of parts of the mesh.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #19
Modeling: child's mesh and bones

This is the mesh, and this screen capture also shows the rigging.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #20
Modeling: child modeled

This is how it looks like so far. This is version 1.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #21
Hello, keep going.

Good proportion on the child, what software are you using? You could use something like relax from 3DMax. You have a heavy mesh, so a relax could give you a more natural look. Now show us your texture skills. I always say: I prefer a bad model with a good texture instead a good model with a bad texture ... haha ... no, i prefer a good model with a good texture.

Old 05 May 2005   #22
Hi Bonzato,

I am using Cinema 4d. The reason I have an extra heavy mesh in the cloths is because I plan to use a tool called clothilde to "conform" the cloths to the character. In clothilde, many poligons are desirable in order to automatically form the bends and creases, and save me some time!

And yes, I agree. Texturing is the most important part of the work for me too...

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #23
Modeling: Child version 2

This is the mesh/bones of a second version of the child. I haven't decided which one to use.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #24
Modeling: child model v. 2

And here is the model of the child v 2.

Old 05 May 2005   #25
Texturing: texturing and posing child 1

I worked on this project during the weekend. I textured the cloths, started with the skin and the hair. I am not expecting perfection here, since I will be fixing some details in post later on. However, the face looks fake. I will try to lower the saturation later today to see what happens.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #26
Hey, okay let me see if i can help you. The skin is to standard, you know, put some diferent colors, maybe a litle more red, some diferent tones. In the eye dont forget the specular, but wait a minute... What will we see in the final picture? Dont waist your time in things that we will not see. BTW i like the texture of the cloth. I prefer more dark shadows but this is a personal taste. Another thing is the nose, try to fix that, if you canot, just fix on the composition...give us a great picture man. Give your best. And think about the hair, with a big bug like that flying on the air... give some movement to the hair. Go go go, i hope to see more.

Old 05 May 2005   #27
Banzato:

Thanks for the advise and the encouragement! I'll open the skin texture in photoshop and give it a shower of a redder tone with a dissolve brush to see if that helps! I'll also add some freckles and higher the bump to see what happenes.

The eye material already have some specularity, but the lights are placed in such a way that they dont show...

I'll try moving the light and lower the radiosity to make darker shadows and a hopefully more interesting illumination.

Yes, I will try to give some movement to the hair.

BTW unless there are better ideas, this is what will be seen. I'll post another part of the scene in a couple of minutes to show more clothing and updated wasp.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #28
Texturing: Cloths texturing

Another view at the cloths. I added a discman (must be cool to listen to good loud music while you ride a wasp) Cable comming soon, when I decide on the final position of the head.

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #29
Texturing: Texturing cloths and wasp

I think that a totally black wasp will look "meaner" and more natural than the red spotted version. So I am changing my plans. I will be adding detail to the wasp as time allowes. I am reworking the wings, which needed some serious improvement and (I know, I know, transparency ;))

fer

Old 05 May 2005   #30
Texturing: The scene so far

This is what I have so far. I'll work on the wings, lights, textures now, and hopefully have some improvements for tomorrow. I like to render pieces in somewhat high res because I don't want nasty surprises when rendering the large final image (bitmaps not having enough res, and the such).

fer

Thread Closed share thread