Master and Servant 3D Entry: Toni Bratincevic

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Toni Bratincevic

Toni Bratincevic has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Force of Nature - Final

For decades, people thought that the Earth has been given to them to use it as they want. As the time passed by, they became more and more arrogant, egocentric, the illusion that they are masters of everything spread through everybodys mind, until the judgement day. Masively poluted and basically on the edge of existance, the Earth rose her only hope, the mother nature. This creature manifested in two life forms ... each one representing the two aspects of nature. The first one, the big tree, shows the material part of the nature, the strength, and the smaller one represents life-energy-inteligence. On the other side, the unwanted one is our population, the people, which is represented in similar way to the nature-life, but this time in form of machine-human. As the battle begun the mother nature proposed to the people that if they give up all the technology and industry that they have created, she will give them another chance. But humans didn't want to hear her, they thought that the machines will destroy this threat, that they are stronger and rule the earth ... but ... it wasnt like that. The greatest child of the nature was wiped away in six days, and on the seventh day all lifeforms that humans destroyed were rised again and the balance was restored.

We are all slaves (in positive way) of the mother earth, and we should act like that and take care of our master. A real master is the one who gives life, and not the one who takes it.

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: Force of nature - sketch

This is a small sketch I made in 3d program to see the composition.
I will made a few smaller sketches on paper in next few days.

Ok my idea is to show the nature which is in this case master and humans+poluted industry which is in this case servant. The humans are poluting the earth and acting like they are masters of it, and then the nature rebels and show them who is the true master. There will be one big tree which will represent nature and the human in robot which represent us. :)
Well good luck to us all...

Old 03 March 2005   #3
the humans serve the nature?!
It's more like the other way round... but yeah, both can be masters.
So what's it gonna be? tornadoes?
Good luck with the challenge!

Old 03 March 2005   #4
hi, it is nice idea acctualy...good luck

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Concept Sketch: Another sketch

Just another simple sketch to explore the details of the initial composition. I dont know how to draw so dont smile to much. :) Well, today is the day to start the modelling process.

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Concept Sketch: Another sketch

Just another simple sketch to explore the details of the initial composition. I dont know how to draw so dont smile to much. :) Well, today is the day to start the modelling process.

Old 03 March 2005   #7
cool concept!

I like your idea but I think you have to play more with your compositon.
good luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #8
You read my mind. I player yesterday with the composition to make it more dramatic. But i didnt yet sent it here...

Thanks for the comment.

Originally Posted by Canche: I like your idea but I think you have to play more with your compositon.
good luck!

Old 04 April 2005   #9
Modeling: Factory Modelling

This is near the finished modeling session of the industry behind left character. It will represent the humans and what he made out of this world.

Old 04 April 2005   #10
Your factory is q-l, a tree beating the crap out of a robot is even cooler, perhaps u need some work on the presentation/composition to make it clear what`s going on there. Im not sure if you`re aiming to cartoon style or photorealistic characters?

Good luck.

Old 04 April 2005   #11
Hi man. Thanks for the comment.
I worked a little bit on composition but yes I must make it more clearer. The image will be in wide format not 4.3 like in previous comp test. I think it will make thigs look clearer. The caractes will be more real than cartoonish.
The pipes from factory will be connected to the robot while on other side the tree will be connected to the nature with hundreds of roots...

Old 04 April 2005   #12
Nice concept, nice idea. Great plant. Very... grim. I think you are right about human/nature relationships. One day the nature shall pull that "stop lever" and we all be ...

MY DWIII WIP

Old 04 April 2005   #13
Thumbs up

this is great progress and i like the idea of wide format

Old 04 April 2005   #14
Modeling: Tree - early WIP

Just a few hours of modelling the tree character. This is just an early WIP of the model, lots of things to add here.

The texture is there just for the colors, nothing, no texturing-UV for this yet...

Old 04 April 2005   #15
This is possibly the best tree texture I have ever seen,..... is that just bump mapping,....?
Bloody amazing

Thread Closed share thread