Master and Servant 3D Entry: Pierre Bourgeot

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #46
fantastic modeling

Old 04 April 2005   #47
razielo: thanks man, talking about vlassic, can't wait to go back to it once this is done

Miezis: Thanks for your suggestions, I knew I wanted some kind of river but never looked further into it, it was going to be the souls crawling at the feet of the stairs, I will do some research about the flaming river of Sixtus, sounds really cool

nebezial, pigwater, grooshka: Thanks for your crits, the legs were intended to be mostly covered, but I still want to improve them, I will fix them soon. Thanks for pointing it out, I realize it needs work now that I'm fully awake.

eddieellis: glad u lke it man, maybe i should watch that movie again for ref

grooshka: Thanks for your ideas, black sandels could be cool, good idea, I will see if it fits into what I wanna do, but it got me thinkin', originally, the feet and most of the legs were not going to be shown, but we'll see once i pose him, but first thing is to improve the legs

smaddl: Thanks man, I've been waiting for your updates

www.pierrebourgeot.com

Follow the null and you will find the answer...

Last edited by BlackNull : 04 April 2005 at 05:48 PM.

Old 04 April 2005   #48
Good modelling!

What kind of shader are you using? CLose up it looks like the poly's show up! Might wanna watch that. As to his garments I think the wrinkles are spread to evenly. Otherwise I think you're doing very well. Looks like one of akind style.
modelling practice #1

Old 04 April 2005   #49
shame i dont have time to go through the thread this seems like an excelent idea, im deffinetly keeping my eye on his well done pierre. great modeling btw

Old 04 April 2005   #50
That's a great looking head. It has so much character in it already, it really looks master-ish and Hades-worthy

Old 04 April 2005   #51
jmBoekestein: thanks, i'm using sss shader and dirt map, I'll put some light textures later on. As for the polys showing, it's really weird man, not sure why it's doings that, i think it's some kind of artifact from the sss shader, i need to twick some options, cause the head is definitely subdivided enough. I'll add some variations in the wrinkles, make it more natural

tilite, Mike Nuts: Thanks guys, hopefully another update should be coming tonight..

cheers

www.pierrebourgeot.com

Old 04 April 2005   #52
This guy is sinister. Good job with the draping cloth.

DWIII Entry

Old 04 April 2005   #53
this is comming along great.

i agree the wrinkels do need to be spread out. now i know its a powerful gesture for a god to be cover head to toe in a 'power suit' or this case cloth, but those ancient greek sandles that wrap round could be realy cool, but i dont think u can have any skin showing chest down.

if u can make the souls look like they are flowing as one and rolling everywhere that would be so cool, would be a task to pull off but an excellent result if u did.

i have one question tho... in the critera u have to have 1 human as either master or servant. now although i can make the links from human to its remainding soul or the fact that the god hades is in a human form... im not sure its enough. am i missing something, did u have a plan?
seems like a wicked concept im going to love following it.. well done

Old 04 April 2005   #54
impressive guy that Hades... nice work, really nice so fare...

Old 04 April 2005   #55
Thumbs up great work

great work what u'r doing here...

i have one question....what did you used to make those clothes ? did you used polymesh modeling or did you used reactor to get the cloth effect ?

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Old 04 April 2005   #56
Pierre....mighty fine creations here,,,,,real nice 'Character" to your face and i'll be having fun following you here....looking real nice..keep it coming....

Old 04 April 2005   #57
awesome modeling so far man.
and great concept

Old 04 April 2005   #58
dmonk, makaron, Virtuoso, Mr Micro26: thanks dudes, the weekend will be much appreciated to work on this

tilite: thanks! There is probably gonna be very minimal skin showing once it's covered with clothes. The souls will be.....something to figure out hehe. I was thinking of Hades being ruler of all the underworld, and as his servant, there is the 3 headed dog that's by his side; but basically everybody serves him in the underworld (like the souls as u mentionned ), he is the unquestionable ruler MMUUUAAAHAHAHA

razielo: Thanks, for the clothes I used polymesh, it gives me more freedom, I never use simulator for clothes, but i'm sure it can come in handy sometimes.

www.pierrebourgeot.com

Last edited by BlackNull : 04 April 2005 at 07:14 PM.

Old 04 April 2005   #59
Originally Posted by =BlackNull=:
eddieellis: glad u lke it man, maybe i should watch that movie again for ref

Its just the long flowing cape..... its really nicely done (that what reminded of the film)

Keep up the good work, im looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

Old 04 April 2005   #60
Wow! Really a fantastic modeling!
Great work..
I'm watching you..
Congrats..

Thread Closed share thread