Master and Servant 3D Entry: smadar lomnitz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2005   #46
thank you bealobo and Miezis

bealobo - hand modeling is done. have to pose them. first i must build the ladle she is holding. sorry for posting another update without hands . thank's for your suggestion. i want the shoe to be a closed evening one . just don't like the design. too simple. i must deal with my limited skills for now. sure i'll do better in the future.

Miezis - hard and important question. i thought the pic will be funny when i started, but it turn out to be, i'm afraid, an unpleasant image. i wanted to combine humor and fear, but faild. don't like this creation of mine but must continue with it. i don't know how to say it in english, it's not only because of this challenge. it's a need from inside of me. and to my answer - this is a violent family. she is going to be beaten hard. i wanted this scene to be quiet and implied. from the look in her mom's eyes she knows it gonna be bad. she is afraid but still trying to hold her paper crown. she is using the force language that customary at home against her brother. still unconscious how severe her actions are.

i think not understending her fear is because you aren't close to that issue, and i think that is great !

don't understand what presumptuous mean. didn't find the translation. thank you for your reply.

Old 04 April 2005   #47
WOW Man im sorry i missed the progress sofar...and its coming out great!
Color version will dominate big time! Goodjob

Truth

Old 04 April 2005   #48
wow..... some heavy stuff there smaddl! presumptuous means arrogant, haughty.good luck anyway!

Old 04 April 2005   #49
Hi smaddl, thanks for your post
I think children's face depicts well mom's anger.
I would like it with a malicious expression and a bad hided ladle too.
About the modeling maybe is the old, the light, but I woul take the jaw area more rounded.
About the shoes,in the link bellow you will find some good references, they put the pictures in all views:
http://www.forzieri.com/usa/all_cel.asp?l=usa&c=usa

good work man

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.ph...t=Rogerio+Masao
my Master and Servant

Old 04 April 2005   #50
hey interesting idea and the modeling is looking good. I like you lighting too. keep it up.

Old 04 April 2005   #51
Modeling: mother's head and hand

deleted double post.

Last edited by smaddl : 04 April 2005 at 04:19 AM. Reason: double post

Old 04 April 2005   #52
thank you very much. maby it's time i'll say Smadar is a girl's name

Troof - thank's man started to deal with shaders today hope first test will be by the end of the week.

Miezis - thank's for helping me improving my english good luck to you too.

Miyagi - thank's for the crit and the link. i'll go back to the face after shading and lighting. found that it change the model a lot. i just sharpened the shoe a bit. if i'll have time i'll try another design.

hhssuu - thank you

this project is very complicated for me. it's the first time i'm trying to make a secne out of concept and sketch. what i had in mind is not what i'm getting at all. i can't chang'e the composition now. and i still want to stick to my basic story.

i'm interested in the moment of losing the kingship. if i'd made an animatin from it i could show all the other moment of the girl oppresses her baby brother. i tried to perform ruling hierarchy as the_WrongChoice said "mother is the master of them all
only poor brother is only the master of cocoa ".

Old 04 April 2005   #53
Modeling: mother's head and hand

made the mother's face from the girl's. from behind we can't see her expression.
detals to the hand i'll do with textures

Old 04 April 2005   #54
Modeling: added/ removed elements

removed the lintel and placed the mother. not happy with the hand position and pose. too symbolic i think. ill search for a better one. the baby is just a quick positioning. not happy with it also. still have tofinish modelind his bed. and maby some toys.

i started today to study shaders and rendering. i hope to post better renders in a short time.

Old 04 April 2005   #55
great,great work, (scary) but great modeling.

Old 04 April 2005   #56
what a great idea.. and great modeling dude.. fantastic.. you got the expressions 100% !! great stuff dude.. this will be a really good final image. good luck

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 04 April 2005   #57
Modeling is coming along well Smadar........Expression's too....keep it up.....

Old 04 April 2005   #58
ha ha ha terrible !!

Old 04 April 2005   #59
• Lol great concept, and great expression on the girl's face, looking promising!

Old 04 April 2005   #60
i love the idea and the lightning

Thread Closed share thread