Master and Servant 3D Entry: smadar lomnitz

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2005
Hey smaddi ! That's a nice modeling you got there ! Great topologyon the face and good expression !

Your idea is fun also, i can't wait to see more
btw, what soft are you using ?

03 March 2005
smaddl .. great concept ... like how your developing it

the model is coming out wonderful and by looking at your avatar, i'm sure it will turn out very nice

i'll be looking out for more stuff as you spit it out

03 March 2005
Modeling: started posing the girl

didn't manage to rig and skin her and don't have the time to learn it so i pose by modeling. the hand is rough because she'll be holding the crown and the ladle. i then will try to shape it better. after posing i'll add cloths ans heel shoes and again shape better the part that we see.

03 March 2005
thank you cipher and pigwater hope it will turn out fine .

i'm using maya.i use almost the same head topology for all the characters i modeled. learned this method at work. after this challenge i must experience creature modeling . need to devalope my creativity with modeling. and from what i see here zbrush is a must.

03 March 2005
cool idea - everyone has his master... how true...

03 March 2005
hi kru, that's nice. we replied to each other thread at the same time.
thank's for your comment.

04 April 2005
Cool modeling!

But I got to tell you, you got to learn how to rig and paint weights in Maya. It makes the job easier and to be honest I am LightWave guy but just for that I'll export my stuff into Maya. If I find some of the tuts that I used I'll email tham to you.

Keep up the good work.

my stuff:

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=223794

04 April 2005
hi Smaddl, Very good modeling!

I like the kid's face - most people would think that an infant's face should be smooth and therefore less detailed but I think you've nailed it - infants have a lot of expression in their faces, and a lot of detail.

Anyway, although the challange has just begun (I won't be participating in this one too unfortunatly), I think you should concider taking a break from modeling the characters, and work on the background composition and lighting using proxy models and what you've allready done.
I'm saying this beacuse it sounds like you're not as experienced in lighting as you are in modeling, therefor I wouldn't save the lighting to the last minute.

When I worked on the MachineFlesh challange (check my avatar), I spent most of the time perfecting my character (which has gone a long way), and I found myself with less than 48 hours to deadline without texture, a decent background and lighting.
Somehow I made it and managed to send something in time, but was not very happy with the result... now I'm working on it again for my demoreel...

שוב: אחלה עבודה, אני אציץ בהמשך

מדברים עלייך בפורום תלת מימד באתר תפוז בואי תגידי שלום.

04 April 2005
Great Idea...

And great modelling... you can actyually feel the fear in the child's eyes! Keep it up

04 April 2005
Red face

LOL...that expression is priceless!

I second learning to rig or even learn how to use an auto rigger, it will save your bacon everytime

"I see my path, but I don't know where it leads. Not knowing where I'm going is what inspires me to travel it."

04 April 2005
Modeling: updating the girl

working on the cloth. i'm not happy with the shoe, maby i'll try to make a better one. i changed the girl's pose, her upper body is moving backwards. i tried to keep her head in the same angle. hope her expression is the same.
there is still more work on the dress. i'll make it longer and add folds.

04 April 2005
i workd hard on her expression. with the last update i think i'v lost somthing. what do you think? i'll try to attach the old head to the new pose. don't know..

Zlatan B. - thank you. you'r right. i know basic rigging and skinning but was facing lot of problems, don't know why. i should learn it deeper, but it'll be after this challenge. i have to learn now texsturing and lighting. any way, good tutorial is most welcome

thoughtcriminal - i also tried to smooth her face but it was lifeless , it look better with a bit "dirty" mesh. the composition is the same as in my sketch. i'm working with a locked camera. i'll start this week experimenting with shaders. thank's for the tip. very nice work on MachineFlesh challange.

ההודעה בתפוז היא הפתעה נעימה . לא רוצה להקפיץ ואענה דרך המסרים. תודה לך

stevesherrin - i hope to make soon a good eye shader. thank you

Kid Mesh - thank's i'll try again with the baby pose. if i'll have too many problems i'll study it after the challenge.

04 April 2005
hey, great updates so far, I have to say I hate models without hands, so... go go go hehheh
concerning the shoes... I think you should go for a more open kind of shoe so that the girl doesn´t need to be on her tiptoes, and can introduce the entire foot in the shoe´s point.
does that make any sense?
good work

04 April 2005
I was looking at your model and concept and one question springed to my mind: why she is so scared? after all she's the new queen! or maybe she respects her older sister or what might be coming through the door!

i would make her face a bit more presumptuous! like she was trying on her crown and posing and then the someone came through the door....
....... or maybe its just my sleep deprivation! goodnight you all!

04 April 2005
Modeling: testing the frame

testing the girl in the space. the lighting is realy bad. just rough setting. almost finished her dress, changed a bit her leg and shoe position. sorry for the bad sketching. mom's hand would show her anger, i have to figure out how.
started working on the baby (using the girls body)

Thread Closed share thread