CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Older Challenges (before 2007) > CG Challenge XVII - Master and Servant - 3D
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 03-23-2005, 03:20 PM   #1
overcontrast
gone nuts for good!

portfolio
Zubuyer Kaolin
Dhaka, Bangladesh

Master and Servant 3D Entry: Zubuyer Kaolin

Zubuyer Kaolin has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: THE PRINCESS AND HER BODYGUARD

At last it is finished…. Here is my final image. I call it THE PRINCESS AND HER BODYGUARD. I hope you enjoy it.

THE STORY
In a kingdom of a far away world is attacked by their neighboring kingdom. They sent is thousands of robot solders to attack and destroy the kingdom, and the royal family. In the verge of defeat, the king orders his trusted cyborg solder Egolad to protect his only daughter Princess Alida. He is told to take her to a safe land of their ancestors.
In their path to the safe land princess Alida discovers Egolad is not just a solder but he has a very good heart. Thus they became very close friends. On their way they encounter several attacks from the wondering enemy drones. Egolad uses every bit of his energy to fight them and save princess Alida. After a tiring battle Egolad and Alida stands near their enemy’s ruins. Alida’s servant has served her well and in return he wins her trust and friendship.

THE STORY BEHIND THE CONCEPT AND MY IMSPIRATIONS
I am very fond of sci-fi movies and I also enjoy great stories. My idea for this piece comes from a mixtures of sci-fi, drama and fantasy. I like to keep a since of emotion in my works, a great picture or movie with no life doesn’t appeals to me. So here I tried to capture a slice of time where human emotion is visible. I’ll leave my audience to judge if I reached that goal or not.

ABOUT THIS CHALLENGE
I am very thankful to CGnetworks to arrange such a wonderful challenge. I really enjoyed working on this particular theme. It gave me a lot to push myself a bit ahead and also I’m happy that I have been able to finish it.. I’ve always been very weak in the field of texturing, I had a lot of practice from working on this project, and I think I have improved a lot. I would definitely be interested in joining more future challenges cause its so great here and peoples here are just so talented and helpful. Its been a heck of a time.

MORE ABOUT THE IMAGE
The things that you see in this image is there because of reason. Starting from the background, it is blurred cause its now an unsafe zone, and is left behind. The sparks of fire in the air is because something in the right was shot and it basted into flames, but the flame are invisible. The cape Egolad is wearing is for 2 reasons, it symbolizes the royal army and also symbolizes that a protecting blanket is around Alida. The bracelet that Alida wears is to symbolize she is a Princess. The simple outfit she wares is because it’s a time of crisis not a time to ware tangling outfit. Egolad wears a baggy pant, cause its cool. The gun that he holds is a shock blaster. It generates a shockwave that tears out all the internal parts of the victim. Well that’s about it.

TECHNICALS
Hardware Uses: 2.8ghz P4, 1gb 400mhz Ram, 128mb ATI Radeon 9200, Genius Tablet, 17” monitor, Brain, Hands, Eyes.
Software Used: 3DSMax7, Photoshop
Renderer: Default Scanline Renderer

SPACIAL THANKS GOES TO:
TMNI VISION, Venum, A I R, [Q], alex.h., ace4016 ,arturro , authentic, DimitrisLiatsos, DaddyMack ,monsitj ,Virtuoso ,Lemog, the1st_angel ,(o)ne ,rattlesnake, 3dRaven, miketche, Climax, markovicd., scootermaya, ||) |V| |^|, SuperXCM, mmoir, Tremoside, e-moo, jddog, Neeno, Versiden, gpepper, Gianluca, mmbenya, Maxter, vampeta, Wandddo, rynomyte, `mb, safe05, mmaxx, jdsb, goktug, xric7 ….. and others who gave their thought and showed support, and also ofcourse my little brother Zunayed who was always there to push me.
Thank you all so much couldnt have done it without you guys

Last edited by overcontrast : 05-20-2005 at 03:02 PM.

Old 03-23-2005, 04:57 PM   #2
overcontrast
gone nuts for good!

portfolio
Zubuyer Kaolin
Dhaka, Bangladesh

hey guys, it starts again... wish you all best of luck... lets have some fun with this one... cant wait to c what u ppl r gonna cook for this challange....

Old 03-23-2005, 06:47 PM   #3
rattlesnake
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Jorge Lescale
3d artist
México, Mexico

Send a message via MSN to rattlesnake Send a message via Yahoo to rattlesnake
Hey man im happy to see youre in...good luck !!

Old 03-23-2005, 10:10 PM   #4
ace4016
Mr. Snoopy

portfolio
James Marcelin
Electrical Engineer/Hobbyist
Los Angeles, USA

Send a message via AIM to ace4016 Send a message via MSN to ace4016 Send a message via Yahoo to ace4016
Good luck.

In the year 4016...

Old 03-23-2005, 10:11 PM   #5
Virtuoso
Lord of the posts
take a quess
USA

Nice to see you back in Z.........Looking forward to what you got cooking.......Best to you,bring it on.......

Old 03-23-2005, 10:43 PM   #6
D-3
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Patrick Haraguti
Sao Paulo, Brazil

Send a message via ICQ to D-3 Send a message via AIM to D-3 Send a message via MSN to D-3 Send a message via Yahoo to D-3
i´m just here to wish the best luck on your entry man!!
c ya!!

Old 03-24-2005, 02:12 PM   #7
arturro
easy rider

portfolio
Artur Malczyk
easy rider
madwands
Krakow, Poland

Send a message via MSN to arturro
HI there! Waiting for your first ideas and sketches

good luck!

Old 03-25-2005, 01:02 AM   #8
overcontrast
gone nuts for good!

portfolio
Zubuyer Kaolin
Dhaka, Bangladesh

Concept Sketch: First Conceptual Drawing

Hey guys sorry for the late submission. But, here is my first concept. And here is the story:

-------------------------------
The year is 2521. Evil beings from another planet threaten the survival of the human kind. To fight back humans got tangled into an epic war. Almost everything is lost in it. Few who survive must be protected. One of them was princess Alida. The king, in the verge of defect, assigned one of his most powerful cyborg guards to protect his only daughter. The cyborg called Egolad took princess Alida to a place where she can hind and be safe. In the way they became very close friends. On their journey they gets attacked by the enemy, Egolad gives his every last ounce of energy to save Alida. After the battle they stand there on the pieces of their enemy.
-------------------------------

Tell me what you think about this...

Last edited by overcontrast : 05-04-2005 at 07:11 PM.

Old 03-25-2005, 05:42 AM   #9
overcontrast
gone nuts for good!

portfolio
Zubuyer Kaolin
Dhaka, Bangladesh

Concept Sketch: Pose Exploration

Here is another quick repose for the characters. I think this one shows more emotion then the previous one.

Old 03-25-2005, 08:05 AM   #10
scootermaya
Lord of the posts

portfolio
Michel Cavro
CG architecture
CRISTAL sarl
Luxembourg, Luxembourg

I love your sketches ! That's cool ! very strong expression and atmosphere comes out of the picture !
I can't wait to see your modeling !

Old 03-25-2005, 08:15 AM   #11
Lemog
ABITOUT

portfolio
laurent antoine lemog
3d graphic designer
editor
bezannes, France

Yeah... as say Scooter... very strong idea, that will be a marvellous stong picture... best wishes for the challenge

Old 03-25-2005, 08:24 AM   #12
ace4016
Mr. Snoopy

portfolio
James Marcelin
Electrical Engineer/Hobbyist
Los Angeles, USA

Send a message via AIM to ace4016 Send a message via MSN to ace4016 Send a message via Yahoo to ace4016
Finally you have a concept. Hope to see the modeling soon.

In the year 4016...

Old 03-25-2005, 08:46 AM   #13
alex.h.
freeform modeling

Alexander Hedstrom
figure designer
games workshop
nottingham, United Kingdom

nice one, maby he could hold his left hand on the kids shoulder and loking down on her, like saying, your safe whith me kid. see you.

Old 03-25-2005, 09:01 AM   #14
markovicd
Future An1mat0r

portfolio
Darko Markovic
Modeling / Animation
Belgrade, Yugoslavia

Send a message via MSN to markovicd
heheh mate nice idea and gl with competition! :

Concept designer

Old 03-25-2005, 09:20 AM   #15
overcontrast
gone nuts for good!

portfolio
Zubuyer Kaolin
Dhaka, Bangladesh

scootermaya: thanx man. Yeah that will start soon, i guess

Lemog:thank you my friend, hope i can express that in 3d

ace4016: yeah, i do, woow cool...lol haha well i'm waiting for modeling too but firrst gotta design my 2 characters and the scene eliments first.

alex.h.: gr8 idea man... i thought of that right after i finished drawing the skatch. Well i was thinking of making the girl grab the left arm of the cyborg. Its more like thanking the cyborg for saving her. but ur idea is gr8 too... thanx again

markovicd.: hey wassup mark, arnt u joining the challange this time?... anyways nice to hear from u mate...

my friends r over here so i'm gonna hang out with them, and later today i'm gonna post soem new design concepts for the whole scene.... c ya around...

Last edited by overcontrast : 03-25-2005 at 10:26 PM.

Thread Closed share thread