Master and Servant 3D Entry: Abhirama Motiani

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
Master and Servant 3D Entry: Abhirama Motiani

Abhirama Motiani has entered the Master and Servant 3D.

Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: My first step!!!!

Finally i get something which is somewhere near a face...
I know there are many mistakes but i am very hapy with what i have done....just because i did it!!
I should have taken more vertices..but this i realised when i had worked on it for long and i couldn't find how to add more vertices after converting to mesh.
the method i followed..1. made a box
(i deleted the 5 faces so it became a plane!!)2.converted to mesh 3. Played with the vertices....
Any comments and suggestions..PLEASE let me know...Thanks!!

Old 03 March 2005   #2
Concept Sketch: Just the concept

This is just the conceptual view.
The medal will most probably be replaced by a cup....magnificient one.
The girl by a masculine boy...He'll be sweating and tired yet not giving up...
He'll be running towards the cup.
The idea - "Our dream is our master"

Old 03 March 2005   #3
Smile Hello..Friends

I am a first timer - very very new to this field.
So more than the competition i want to hear from you - what you think of my ideas n my work.
I hope to learn alot hear....
Best of luck to all of you.
Cheers!!

Old 03 March 2005   #4
we are all slaves to the need to win........ (nice spin)

Best of luck Buddy

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Nice concept. Hope to see more sketchs/ideas soon.

In the year 4016...

Old 03 March 2005   #6
Smile Further development

Currently i am out of town so no access to my studio max.
In fact i don't have a scanner right now so can't even show you the final concept.
Well i hope by monday i get to put some stuff out here.
Cheers!!

Old 03 March 2005   #7
an interesting take on the topic, it will be good to see how it develops, good luck

a simple truth about life

Old 03 March 2005   #8
Concept Sketch: another concept sketch...still incomplete

what u see are basically 2 stick figures....oh i wish i could draw figures well then i needn't explain you what is what.
Well....to continue...the lower figure is a man who is running and exhausted.
The upper figure is the personification of his dream....the ball you see in her hand is a gold medal which this man dreams to win.
I am not yet sure how this personified dream will look like ..... if i don't get anything better this will be a lady...like a ginnie....but i think it should be abstract.....
i don't know........
please let me know if you get any idea!
Thanks......

Old 03 March 2005   #9
Hey mate... its coming along... i think the second is the better of the two..

if your not to good with drawing then start modelling, i know i find it easier that way...

Best of luck mate

Old 03 March 2005   #10
haha, you use stick figures too. I think this concept sketch makes much more sense on how your going to approach your concept. Maybe you could have it so that the being holding the prize is in front, moving backwards, away from the person running.

In the year 4016...

Old 03 March 2005   #11
Smile Thanks!

Eddie: Thanks. I think i'll start modelling.

Snoopy: First of Thanksfor the suggestion! i had already tried what you are saying...a lady holding the medal(cup)...but somehow it seemed the man was after her! May be i couldn't show it well...also i want to show complete control of the man by his dream....i want the dream to instruct him....aaah but how do i show it???

Old 03 March 2005   #12
Originally Posted by abz: Snoopy: First of Thanksfor the suggestion! i had already tried what you are saying...a lady holding the medal(cup)...but somehow it seemed the man was after her! May be i couldn't show it well...also i want to show complete control of the man by his dream....i want the dream to instruct him....aaah but how do i show it???

lol, like the nickname. Well, it is still early in the chellenge, and many people still dont have a final compostion of what they want; I'm not even 100% sure about my compostion. I'm sure you'll think up of something, just relax and it will come to you. BTW: you stick-figure drawing look so much better then mine .

In the year 4016...

Old 03 March 2005   #13
Cool

hmmm, if you want to avoid to maki it look as he's running after the female "jin" you maybe just show her hands, fading into invisable... or even make her "shader" to be transparent. (a good way to achieve a nice effect is use just a very transparent material wich you define to be addidive, so it looks she's made of light. avoid making that 2sided then, cuz it will make it impossible to recognize much.
but thats much later. for this moment, pov is something you should deciede, there's 2 things to think of:
is he and his desire, the fight to not fail the most important thing, to show his expression, then focus on him and his face.
if his "price" is the most important, focus on it, and it could be enough to show 3/4 profile of him, trying to reach out for his price and work with bodylanguage, and focus on the whole scenary.

in my case, i like frogview a lot. illustrats a big apearance very well, allso, into a "runnerscene" the resulting high amount of motion blur on the ground should illustrate the whole movement quiet good.

stickmen are fine. imagine them to be renderable splines. (a fast way to sketch in 3dsmax besides). drawing is nothing but outlining. comes with practicing. imagine you were doing splines no worries, you have much time. take it. get clear about whats your priority to show. then, use whatever helps you to define your idea. drw thumbnails for visual brainstorming. make "miniscenes" and toggle the cam around.

and most of all, have much fun and enjoy this. challenges are the best thing to learn much and get the possebilety to share thoughts with ppl who deat with the same topic.
Best luck, enjoy it and keep it up!
cheers!

Old 03 March 2005   #14
Smile Snoopy

Thanks again....thats very sweet of you!!
Don't worry about the stick figures your final thing will be toooooo good!!
Best of luck!

Old 03 March 2005   #15
Thumbs up For Sacha

Thank you so much......I am still not very clear.... but i think i am getting somewhere.
Thanks for the help....(I'll keep asking for it).
Take care.

Thread Closed share thread