Master and Servant 3D Entry: Robert Mack

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #16
Very good idea, that your monsters are rather puppet-shaped, not ugly-fantasy-creatures.

The best one is the left-sider, at first I thought the cufflink-eye is a pignose and it's a giant-pig-puppet. Try to see from this viewpoint.

Good luck!

Golem

Old 03 March 2005   #17
I love the teddy man.... nice touch

Old 03 March 2005   #18
very kewl idea dude.. reaosn i like it is because in teh sketch the demons sitll look quiet child like sticking to your main theme.. i liek it .. subscription i'll be watching...
good luck

-= Man with One Chopstick , Go Hungry =-

Old 03 March 2005   #19
NNNAAAAH!!! ^_^ too nice! HA HA HA !!! I like this idea! gosh! iI like it a lot!!!
You are a very good 3d artist! I cant wait to see it in 3d!

B-movie

Old 03 March 2005   #20
Hey you guys thanks a bundle for all the support and suggestions...Means much to me

I've pretty much decided on the feel for the image I'll make, I want it to feel really ominous, as if the girl has great power that we, the audience should fear, drawing all the attention to her...and then the second the audience connects with the girl I want them to feel empathy for the girl because it's become obviousto them that she is the servant of her demons... should be most challenging for me to convey this duality successfully...But I'm on it...

here's a quick 'vibe' test

I also hope to convey a sense of movement in the final, as if they are approaching us...
Thanks again all

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 03 March 2005   #21
I liked the "cart" idea hauled by the boy (or monster somehow but still lovely). I think you must develop that idea.

Old 03 March 2005   #22
Ooops, wrong message.
He he
Forget about the "cart"
Lovely

Old 03 March 2005   #23
I mean lovely for the girl and the monsters but idea that having demons as masters here not suits. Infact at the very first moments when I see the scene I thought that she is a cute beast tamer of cute beasts

Old 03 March 2005   #24
cool idea, I can see several possible directions for this, I look forward to seeing what style this image takes.

http://immersivevr.co.uk

Old 03 March 2005   #25
nice sketch and its coming along well, should be interesting to see how it develops in 3d. the only niggle for me is the position of the girl, she seems so close to the centre of the composition that she may as well be in the dead centre, hopefully that makes sense. anyway, good luck, and im looking forward to more progress.

a simple truth about life

Old 03 March 2005   #26
Good!!! The contrast between the girl and the monsters is significant...I am also playing with the monsters but seeking for pureness instead of contrast!!!

Old 03 March 2005   #27
Nice very nice.... Really hope you pull this off in time, looks like a potential winner to me!

Cheers

Old 03 March 2005   #28
Thanks a mountain you guys for the encouragement and criticism ...I was wondering if the feel was interpretable from the vibe sketch and I guess it must be...I'm really going to have to pull my proverbial finger out and nail down the characters and workflow...soon...I've some decent concepts in my skull, I'll make the time to share them tonight.
I'm having to be really disciplined on this image coz I know it's got a heart. Usually I'd already be modelling by now but I want to really nail this conceptually first for once, so sorry I'm being soo slooww...
Again Many thanks

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 03 March 2005   #29
Thumbs up

Very interesting concept.
Good luck

Old 03 March 2005   #30
Ahoj, an original concept. Bests to you, lotsa powa and time for work! I will keep an eye here.

Thread Closed share thread